Cryptocurrency

The market is booming, why aren't you in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

irs.gov/uac/newsroom/irs-virtual-currency-guidance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the meme is memeing, wanna get meme'd?
just fuck my shit up

>please buy muh coins
>plz

because I got half a bitcoin stolen from me when they were worth 10$ a piece

>tfw I could have spent my trustfund on bitcoin instead of going to school
>tfw I could have done it when bitcoin was .38cents a pop
>tfw I could unironically have hundreds of millions right now

But hey my CE degree is cool to right?

I've made $100 into $850. I'm going to pull out at $1000 and run a loan bot :)

Bought into Ether when it wasat $10 a few months ago, currently sitting at just over $20,000 in gains. I'm thinking about putting it into a mutual fund though; it's probably safer.

I'll donate $ 5 to the first user who says, "Tax is theft!"

thanks Temer

Tax is theft
t1YcP8aRsmmr5LF8y
dAdKkcm7JZrhsKz2XE

(remove the enter and thats the addr senpai. u da best :)!)

>Eth is at 180
Fucking kill me. I was sure it was going to fail after they basically fucking proved it was centralized by forking it when they fucked up but everyone's fucking buying it more than ever.

Taxation is theft.

Free helicopter rides for commies.

i know that feel. i had 75k in a trust fund for college. 75k in 2008.

now i work at a warehouse since my degree was worthless as the economy fucked me over sideways. but hey at least i got that degree right!? right?....

i'm also kicking myself in my ass over amd's stock too. i could have bought 4k worth when it was a $1.

I don't have any. If I had money to invest into bitcoin and ETH I would be rich right now.

I can't fuckiing buy any because coin base won't verify my cvn number.

Cryptos are taxed in many US states and you will be branded a criminal if you do not report capital gains made from them.

Proofs?
>mfw I think I might need a lawyer now

Sent. ;)

>if you do not report capital gains made from them
Don't cash out and stick it in a fucking bank maybe.
>hey, this NEETfag has 2 million in the bank
>we better audit him

I do not live in the burgerland. ;)

I actually made a couple mistakes: the IRS taxes all payments (not capital gains) made in cryptos, which applies to all states. They also consider cryptos to be property as opposed to currency.

irs.gov/uac/newsroom/irs-virtual-currency-guidance

Taxation is theft

1bQGD9GJtfDBKf2Mx
CLVXB1UfB2QDRDLK

ok

>why aren't you buying high?
Gee, I dunno

How do I into cryptocurrency mining? Is it worth it on my new laptop with GTX 960m, or will it just shorten its lifespan without earning any sensible money?

look at the lifetime chart, it's almost always high

Trust fund babies btfo. How does it feel to know that a poor kid from the hood made half a million on bitcoins while you babies couldn't even succeed with life on easymode.

I mean sure I lost all my money in a couple of years by buying stupid shit and gambling to much but that's beside the point.

So is everything before it crashes

no and buying new hardware to mine is a bad idea.

>The market is booming, why aren't you in it?

I am. And I have been for a very long time.

Do I recommend buying into any crypto at these prices? NO. I don't. And I wouldn't.

It's risky buying into BTC at $2300. It's risking holding it too.

Things are different for us who have a massive and very comfortable profit at $1000. If I had done something foolish and silly like borrowing money to go all-in BTC at $2200 then I probably wouldn't sleep at night and I'd probably panic if it went to $2100. As it is I don't really care if the price goes up and down $200 up here, I'm fine as long as it never goes back into three digits.

As for the other coins out there, be careful with altcoins. If you haven't been through earlier altcoin-bubbles like LTC (went from $3 to $60 and back to $3 again in 2013) then you'll be shocked how little liquidity there is when the market turns.

Because you've already missed the exponential growth window. To double your money, BTC has to double. That's not hard when it was $5/coin. When it's $2,300? That's a lot bigger of an ask. You're probably looking at stock-like returns from here on out.

part of me is kind of mad I didn't look at litecoin prices a while ago, could have made some damn easy money
but then again, I guess I also had no idea it'd spike up so much at the time, hindsight and all of that

I was about to buy $100 worth when they were

then what's the point if you can't cash out?

it's only going to go up, cryptos don't works like other currencies/investments.

back in december it was around 900 usd for a buttcoin. It's doubled its price in less than six months.

You can, you just have to pay taxes like everyone else once it turns into real money trackable by the IRS.