Give me 5 reasons not to buy a Surface product

Give me 5 reasons not to buy a Surface product.

>1000$
>4 gb of ram

Kek

you could get a macbook air instead

I'm poor.

>no usb c
>no thunderbolt 3
>4gbram
>windows 10
>last-gen or nonexistant graphics for current-gen prices

>Microsoft
>Microsoft
>Microsoft
>Microsoft
>Microsoft

it's not that bad for the pro tablet and laptop because hopefully nobody is stupid enough to use them for rendering or serious gaming, but the surface book graphics are pretty ass, you can get a 1050 in a xps 15 for cheaper i think?

Give me 5 reasons why I should compare a fucking product for you.

4gb model is 799

>poo
>in
>the
>loo
>pajeet

i'm assuming you're talking about the surface pro 2017 that just came out? that's still not very hot for the price

the laptop is 999 and has only 4 gb of ram. i used in the microsoft store for a bit, and i couldn't think of anything really notable about it. nice laptop, but not 999 nice or above the xps 13 imo

Studio: super cool. super underpowered
Laptop: microsoft chromebook
Book: dat gap
Pro: breddy cool. go for it.

The laptop's only purpose is to showcase Windows 10S. Microsoft just needed a product that would turn a few heads to get more market exposure for their new version of Windows. Same thing that Google did for the Pixel.

>attach the best screens on the market to the worst devices on the market
what did microsoft mean by this?

yes, pretty sure the entire point of the surface lineup is to push OEMs to make good stuff. i was under the impression that it was decently successful (doesn't hold a candle to apple though rip)

surface products are geared toward some middle-path professional designer audience. the only reason to buy one is if you have the money to waste.

unless you're using touch optimized software, ordinary laptop with matte screen is better

The surface pro tablet line has been fairly successful. The rest, not so much.
The surface pro is really the only windows tablet that I can recommend.

>adapter charges surface, two monitors, two usb ports
>doesn't look fucking retarded

All of the hardware sucks.

Take the all-in-one. It's one of the most compelling all-in-ones I've seen form wise, and I typically find them retarded, but it's grossly underpowered. All of the devices are very compelling, pretty looking gadgets, but the hardware is just not there. They're also charging a shit load for them, which is a bad business move.

They're clearly trying to copy Apple's success, but they've skipped a vital step that might actually make them successful. They're trying to start out by selling shit hardware in a pretty case for huge margins, which Apple does successfully now, but only because they built an ecosystem people wouldn't leave by selling meaningful hardware (PowerPC days) for a high price.

What Microsoft should have done, is to have specced the fuck out of the Surface family, and sold it at most at a slim margin, possibly at cost or at a loss, and just buttblasted the fuck out of Apple's shitty PC offering. Since Apple is already abandoning Mac OSX, I suspect if MS had done this and grabbed the lion's share of sales from Apple, they'd back out pretty hard, and MS would have a solid user base they could start selling to at a higher margin.

As is, people are going to look at these things and a) buy them on sale or get them for Christmas b) pass for the shitty Dell/HP/Asus offering that looks and feels like ass but costs pennies or c) continue buying Apple because they're at best comparable to Apple's offering minus Apple's momentum.

TL;DR: They're pretty, and a refreshing addition to the Windows ecosystem, but priced too high for what they are.

Use the discounts idiot

Buy whatever you have the money for. If you get over 4GB of RAM it should last you years of producivity and casual use.

Have sp3 8gb ram. Good computer, shiny. Shitty to use on actual lap. Would maybe do again.

They're some of the best devices on the market but all have some serious drawbacks.
The Studio should have a display only option so you can hook it up to a custom desktop, or they should at least offer some non mobile specs in a pro version. I don't think thats particularly controversial. I would also love to see a smaller, 24-27in version.
The Laptop and Pro are overpriced for the entry specs, and both are completely crippled as far as future i/o goes. I'm honestly legitimately surprised that microsoft didn't rejigger the Surface Connector to support a Thunderbolt port adaptor. The Pro should have adopted the reduced price model that the Pro 4 picked up early this year (i5/8/256@$999 is competitive) and the laptop should universally be $100 less than the Pro. The pen needs to stay in the box, and they need to bring the price of non alcawhatever fabric keyboards down to ~$89. The Pro in particular -needs- Thunderbolt 3 support, either by way of dock or by ditching that stupid display port so that it can be a truly modular device that can gain some significant graphical horsepower with an external GPU.

Oh well. I'm satisfied with my SP4 and it looks like I've got another 18 months to wait before its refresh time.

thoughts on the new surface pro?

>BOTNET
>LOCKED
>CANT BE UPGRADED
>CANT BE REPAIRED WITHOUT FUCKING UP THE DIGITIZER GLASS
>EXPENSIVE AS FUCK

Fuck you for wanting to buy this piece of shit user, you are fueling this fucking cancer. You & apple iFags.

I was hanging for this thing. Saw the price along with the special, now you have to buy the pen too fuck you from moronsoft.

Nah thanks ill pass. $2k can get me a whole lot better elsewhere

The base price decreased from no longer being forced to buy the pen. The only difference is now you just need to make an additional purchase. Net cost remains the same.

WTF?
iM SUBTERRANEAN NOW!

>2017
>buying microsoft product that isn't a keyboard or meme mouse
Symptoms of a true cuck

Thinshit.

>be me
>need le laptop upgrade
>go to store
>buy surface for $400
>get geeksquad protection just in case
>take it home
>shit won't charge up
>has microusb. Not enough to power a windows laptop
>literally impossible to use for more than 20 seconds before it runs out of power
>take it back to store
>get new one with protection plan
>new one still fucks up
>impossible to charge
>give it away to my gf
>her brother steps on it and it breaks
>worst $600 I ever spent
>I am not buying another microsoft product for 10 years
>the surface 3 should have been recalled

refreshed macbooks coming in 2 weeks

+ windows 10S

macbook pro retina with touchbar does not have this problem