Is it normal that a regular army unit is tougher than the US special forces?

Is it normal that a regular army unit is tougher than the US special forces?

>French Foreign Legion officers I talked to, who had done joint training there with Navy SEALS, said the Americans were wimps

yes, this is very well known among military circles

I remember the media freaked out over this guys mask for being inappropriate

except french foreign legion has been irrelevant and useless since getting btfo at dien bien phu and resorting to patrolling literal deserts.

meanwhile

>Seals are killing osama
>Seals are helping to destroy taliban
>Seals are fighting ISIS

the best american soldiers are more likely to be privately contracted than in the SEALs, and the best seals are going to be doing things that matter instead of joint training missions in finland tundra or wherever.
its not as if we would display our best for other nations to inspect

French Foreign Legion isnt just a regular army unit, they train at least like the special forces, maybe like rangers or comandos, the worst part of this, is that they accept people with criminal record, doesnt matter what did you comit, they accept crazy fuckers, and give them proper training to kill other people.

I don't think they take murderers and rapists anymore desu.

They're not keen on taking hardened criminals anymore.
Not better than US SF, except maybe the Legionnaires that are actually SF themselves. The Legion is 8,000 strong, with many different regiments, and not all of them are combat arms or infantry. I respect the 2REP and 3REI very much though. Oh, and fun fact, the Legionnaire in that photo was kicked out of the Legion due to posing in that mask.

I guess that it's hard to find people who can meet the basic requirements with a nation made of 35% of obeses

Lmao, any military training is easy shit if you aren't a complete pushover and can pay attention. There's very few things that are rough, and that gets into SF territory.

>except maybe the Legionnaires that are actually SF themselves.

But there is no such a thing

Not every training.

Exactly.
Too many ex-legionnaires who went nuts and killed someone during their retirement.

> 2REP GCP
> Not SF
Basic training is easy as fuck, in all countries. There's no way around it, you can not make it too difficult or you will never have a sizeable army. Then you'll usually have your job training or further combat training, depending on your soldier and branch. This is usually much tougher than basic training, but is still easy in most circumstances. Only SF really go through shit in most countries, and even then in most circumstances the mental aspect is much tougher than the physical.

>ywn join FFL and be soldier of fortune because you are a low test beta neet
why even live

2eme REP is not considered as Special Forces indeed

2REP no, but GCP is at the minimum SF capable, and they are technically a 'commando' unit.
Soldiers do not get paid well, in any country, in any military, unless you do something very valuable. Legionnaires do not make much.

Oh and if you want it, go fucking do it.

Lad just do it, what do you have to lose it doesn't matter if you're low test

>They said it, THAT MUST MEAN IT'S TRUE!

Literally you

He will quit. If he is a beta neet, he doesn't have what it takes. Maybe he should start as regular army in his ow nations military, and eventually join the FFL.

Start lifting and start roiding

You'll not longer be low test, then you can join

This
Also, every soldier thinks their branch is the best of the best, because that's the point of morale.

The thing about being military is all of that money goes straight into savings. Imagine if you made even just $100 a day, and had 0 bills to pay.

Nobody never said that US operatores were the best in the world desu. They're good, but not the best.

US grunts are a bunch of whimps indeed.

desu i just want to fight

i can't even do a single pushup and only run 2200m in 12min it's no use starting at this point i'm a lost cause

You get wimps in every military.

I've heard American soldiers say Brits are wimps and vice versa.

You don't have to join up now. It'll take some training, then you can join. Or you can just go to the Middle East and be a vigilante.

>canadians jumping in to defend US soldiers

Good bitch

>i can't even do a single pushup and only run 2200m in 12min it's no use starting at this point i'm a lost cause

Because you've never trained you fucking idiot.

Start going to the gym, do cardio and lift if you're fat. If you're just skinny/skinny fat then eat more and take it easy on the cardio.

Start roiding. If you're fat then go with 250mg test-e/week until you stop being so fat and then do 15 weeks of 500mg test-e and first 5 weeks 50mg dianabol

French foreign legion was the sole reason why the Rwandan massacre did not continue further.
During the second intervention they shot everyone who had machetes or guns outside Kigali,including local police officers and army units.Tutsis and hutus were forced to negotiating table by 140 legionnaires

In Kolwezi intervention they did a combat drop in Kongo and killed hundreds of terrorists with a loss of one single man,and they rescued the hostages.

they test you for roids and drugs during the medicals dumbass

> Wants to fight but can't do a pushup
I will help you, user.

>they test you for roids and drugs during the medicals dumbass

Dude no one is going to test shit in the french foreign legion

it's a bunch of criminals wanted by interpol or people with no other options in life, they don't give a fuck

i bet almost all people in the FFL are roiding anyway

Go be fucking manly, user
Did you do your conscription?

I don't think the Foreign legion is a regular unit

This is wrong
FFL does not like criminals anymore, even petty records are looked at with scrutiny. They do drug test. 14/15 people are denied, mostly for little things. And even the Legion's site says "If you are wanted by Interpol, look elsewhere"

I'm sure every military group says that about all the others, but I did hear the navy seals are glory hounds(?).

>late roman empire recruited only germanics because late romans were weak cowards
>France recruits only foreigners because French are weak cowards

Funny how history repeats

I highly doubt they care about roids.

It makes a better soldier, why wouldn't they want their mercenaries and cannonfodder/meat shields to be roided to the gills?

Armyfag here, they are. Delta/CAG does more shit, but doesn't go public with it like the SEALs do. Also, SEALs are the only SF unit that has managed to lose an entire team because they jumped into an electric grid, so there's that.

Because roids mess you up

In what way?

Don't quit before you try you finnish fuck, don't aspire to something just do it

spotted the bullied fatty

Only the Legion recruits foreigners, and even then, they do not end up in command of anything in most circumstances. Officers come from the French Military Academy, and are French.
Roids fuck with athletic performance if you lose supply. In war zones, you do not have a supply. It is a professional organization, and this memery needs to stop. And they are the polar opposite of mercenaries. They are shock troops, commandos, and parachutists. The Legion very much cares about keeping Legionnaires in good health.

A lot

Your heart, your hormones,

Small pee pee

those joint training are always in french guinea and they can't handle that fucking jungle

roids aren't very good for you, m8

but I'd be surprised if they tested thoroughly. if someone's desperate for sick gains they could probably get away with light doping and then stopping

but then again, if the goal is to grow from zero to Hans Mannbeef, you're better off not abusing the roids. it could fuck you up down the line.

>Your heart

No they don't unless you have pre-existing conditions or you literally do no cardio

>Your hormones

Easily moniterable and fixable

>Small pee pee

Your penis size has nothing to do with steroid usage. I think you may be referring to your testicles, which is true from prolonged use I guess but it's not a big deal. Your dick will look way bigger in comparison

Jungle training is one of the hardest types of training, especially for Westerners. It's an environment none of us have ever dealt with, and there's shit everywhere that wants to kill you. I passed jungle school, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but the thing that gets you is the fear of catching some shitty disease.

Best friend was a paratrooper in the legion, I work with mercs in Ukraine and Iraq/Syria. He was a hard motherfucker, and he had top respect for the USA people he worked with. He disappeared about 8 weeks ago In Syria while working with the SAA supposedly. In my opinion, US SF get the job done, and certainly aren't pussies. The Foreign Legion are also badasses, so let's just get along.

Jihadis are notoriously afraid of skeletons. Someone post the tweets

Is the legion tough to get into

Well for some reason you keep coming back here to be trained.

>"MY FRIEND TOLD ME...."

Fuck off.

You kiss the ring all the same France. Now more than ever

Anyone remember that American a few years back who joined the FFL and started a thread (by a popular demand) about it?

That was a fucking awesome thread. IIRC he was like some kind of 27 year old comp sci graduate in boston who was miserable and joined the FFL on a whim. He provided all the proof too including his name.

Please tell me someone else remembers this

Not reall. But there is shit that you have ni control of like scoliosis that may deny your entry

In Vietnam, when Americans were too afraid to go into certain places they send Australians in to deal with them

Someone post that polan ball chart which shows all the special forces

Also
>mfw straya has some of the best in the world

>France talking about militaries

Your last relevant military was under Napoleonic rule, shut the fuck up Frenchy.

>Well for some reason you keep coming back here to be trained.

implying.

We're coming back for the Mämmi

looks like retarded ed hardy jacket a 14 year old skater would wear

It depends on who you are, where you're from, your background, etc.
An 18 year old from a cushy Western life with no military experience will have to work harder to prove himself than a 26 year old Somali who's been a soldier since he could speak.

And it's still jack shit. I got out of the Army an E7, I remember how much shit I had to deal with and barely being paid for it.

Ah. That explains a lot. No foreigner shall ever learn the sacred mämmi recipe. We can sell it though but everything has a price. Some prices are very high...

>FFL
I've read a lot from people in it who would say that the FFL isn't nearly as good as it's toted and filled with a lot of corruption, racism and liars since they'll accept anyone who's willing.

Not saying that Navy seals aren't probably shit too, but they're highly trained in specific scenarios and if they're put in something different naturally they'd become more incompetent than someone trained for it.

>roiding
kill yourself my man

> Corruption
yes
> racism
Mostly Anglos vs Slavs vs Shitskins, but in the end we all behave for the most part
> Liars
Not many, lying nets you an ass kicking
> Accept anyone who's willing
False
Legion denies 14/15 volunteers within the first two weeks, they are very picky

FFL is pretty shit desu.

No they didn't dickhead.

I am an out of shape 22 year old Amerifat who wants to join the french foriegn legion

Besides be in top physical condition what else do I need? I have a year left in my undergrad so I'll be 24 or 25 when I finish so that gives me time to to get in shape.

(Also, should I put my CS GO div ranking on my application?)

>"we"

You FFL? What are your stats and how do I become one

LEARN
FRENCH
FOR
FUCKS
SAKE

Listen
the Legion looks for a few things

Low tier desperation
French skills
Physical Fitness
Military history
If you do not have two of those things, you are not getting in.

t. beta skinnyfat

I'm not friend with the historian Douglas Porch

>says Porch, the French Foreign Legion author who works as a historian at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Calif. "They had their supplies, including water, brought in by
chopper and left after 15 days. "The Legion continued on for 30 days, subsisting on fruits and berries," he says.

>(Also, should I put my CS GO div ranking on my application?)
and still you got a reply from

t. jean-marie dumont, formerly known as Andrei Shimolevsky

> Stats
three mile in 19-20 minutes, single mile in 6, 23 pull ups, 120~ push ups, 83 sit ups is my maximum so far, this all varies depending on how much we eat, if we had corvee, if we had to deal with a fut-fut, etc

Desperation... how? I'm not cool doing any sexual favours but I can follow orders well

Give me a profile of a good American FFL candidate

What is WWI Bruce? it's not your 2000 casualties at hicksville battle which had changed anything

Stay military irrelevant straya

Were you in Vietnam?

I noticed the CS GO thing, but I'm also here for others ITT that genuinely want to join. You'd be surprised the amount of bullshit that surrounds the Legion.
Deniel*, formerly known as Robert

No, but I was in Afghanistan and I know how militaries actually work, unlike you.

THAT'S HOW IT WORKS, LAD !

WWI, dear emu.

Best examples I've seen
> 23-26 years old
> In excellent shape
> Former Infantry or combat experience
> Looking for something else in life
Or alternatively
> Lacking military experience but highly motivated
> Has a working knowledge of French
> Desperate for a better living, usually has a small criminal record that hinders finding good work
> Motivated beyond belief to get into the Legion

Also, you didn't hear this from me, but being handsome helps in the interviews. And having a good smile. The Legion has a huge PR problem due to the old way of letting in murderers.
By the way, if you do join, do not answer any questions in ways that would make you look like an aspie, and be completely honest with the Gestapo. Keep your story straight, and be respectful. Remember, you need the Legion, the Legion doesn't need you.

that is true of any military
i live in san diego and we are infested with military
most of them are redneck shit bag losers
with some ghetto brown/blacks thrown in
may they all die at the hands of isis

Of the

>Military experience
>French skills
>Physical fitness
>Desperation

Which four did you fall under? What qualities did you posses that made you the ideal candidate for the FFL

No shit mate, who with? I never worked with Aussies in Afghanistan, but I heard good things about your lot

>not wanting to be a soldier

Why not? It's my dream job

I was 5RAR, there in 2010-11 in Uruzgan. Didn't really work with Americans, except for watching them occasionally try to drive a convoy down the road out the front of our base (which is fucking stupid) and getting blown up literally every time. I was in an OMLT so kinda embedded with the ANA.

Military experience, physical fitness, and to a small extent desperation and french skills. When I was in, I just got home from Afghanistan, and ETSd, so I was really out of shit to do. I picked up some French for awhile, worked a shitwage job, and got my plane ticket.

Are military skills the most important of the 4 qualities?

I can't join the American military for bullshit reasons

American infantry and special forces are just too used to bomb everything and advance being covered by all kind of war machines available. The FFL have a lot of machinery, yes, but are not spoiled fags who need all this support to defeat the enemy.

>t. armchair warrior
>sources: my opinions

LMFAO, were they Marines or Army? And do you know if they were Reservists?
In my experience, Marines and Reservists are the fucking worst with the 'getting blown up in situations you shouldn't have been blown up in' thing
And > ANA
Fuck them mate, almost all of my division had to work with them

1-16, I spent most of my deployment in Baghdad working with those assholes

t. arm chair gorilla