/bst/ Battlestation thread

Last thread about to hit bump limit:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13031128
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>about to hit bump limit
Why the fuck don't you post it AFTER the bump limit?
There doesn't need to be one of these shitty threads on page 1, let alone 2 of them.

Rate
cpu: Intel core 2 duo e2180
ram: 2 gb ddr2
hdd: 1tb Western digital black
gpu: gt 520

I'm too poor to buy a new one, it's so old that the mobo battery died and I'm too cheap to buy a new one. pls help :(

How can i improve?
Also br8 me

INB4 SAGGY DESK

jealous of that crt

Case model?

Haven't posted for some time now.

strawpoll.me/13031128

Let me guess,you are homosexual
>wall color
>white to pink tone furniture
>obsessed with Schwaiznegger Arnold and muscular aliens.
>generic space wallpapers

lol, not really, i just like space themed stuff. What makes you think i'm obsessed with Schwarzenegger though? Also, why do you thing my furniture is white to pink? Looks like plain white to me.

Well my monitor is not colour accurate so if it very light shade of grey it may look pink.

The pradator thing , I do not say it is weird I just expect anime figurines instead on this board.

but then,i have minerals instead of figurines so who am i to talk.

The only really weird thing is that you have big monitor at top,is it actually TV then it would make sense.

Well, what can i say, i grew up to Predator, Aliens, Terminator and others instead of anime lol.
Cool, what kind of minerals?
It is a TV, i use the monitor for browsing and the TV for films and series.

1ghz PowerPC G4
1GB Ram
80GB HDD

FEEL THA POWAH!!!!!

Kinda in a transition point in life atm......

I dig the case bro

Thx! Got a guts shot when a built it a few weeks ago.

Let's see how many posh kids on dad's cash card I trigger!

Fucking mint m8"
Keep it going!
Also love the multiscan! Fantastic monitors!

>shoppingcart
Please explain

FX-8350
GTX-1050-ti
12GBs RAM

>Free tesco trolley
Well I'm not lugging heavy shit by hand when that's available!

Potato pic, but I needed a new one. Amp just quit so I stole the speakers from the 486.
I have the same purple s-video cable, I think I ordered it from Sweden. SNES, N64 or gamecube on that trinitron?

>How can i improve?
hook a dreamcast to that crt.
nice
slappa da bass?
excessive power
>tumblr
you must be lost, go back the way you came.
only in Wisconsin

>I have the same purple s-video cable, I think I ordered it from Sweden. SNES, N64 or gamecube on that trinitron?
>same purple s-video cable
UWOT?
> trinitron
UWOT?
>Console
That's a digibox m8

on closer inspection it is a different silver flat screen

the cable coming out the front and running underneath isn't one of these? I didn't mean the converter box, my wording was too broad. I thought there was a nintendo under it.

Thats not S-video m8 thats composite
Anyone using more than poundland wires for composite is a fucking idiot!

I use scart m8.
That is composite audio on my telly as my flat doesn't have a stereo.
That telly's a panasonic quintrix m8.
It blows trinitrons out the water!
Only CRT newfags and Sup Forums actively seek out trinitrons.
Philips made the best CRT televisions.

>Philips made the best CRT televisions.
his tv doesn't even have wheels

>his tv doesn't even have wheels
Umm, try again sweetie

>Mitsubishi TV set
My parents bought one of these back in '89. Never had an issue with it until it was replaced with an LCD in '08. The LCD died about two years after buying it.

Wish I could get an LCD with that kind of quality today.

It was $1800 in 1989 monies, I got this one at an estate sale with all the original papers. It's also a 89' model and has had zero probs ,knock on wood

old pic same setup

Been awhile, got some new stuff.

Got some new stuff so I ought to take a new photo soon.

/push

I like your ghetto case

I added back a second monitor, for the 78th time.

I go back and forth so many times because my neck gets rekt after a couple of days. I'm gonna try some neck exercises to counter it because god damnit, dual monitor is good for multitasking.

Now if only Windows Explorer could get a dark theme without enabling high contrast shit because it blanket changes everything, including websites. Google does have an addon to counter it so maybe I will enable the high contrast theme anyway.

The RX 400 series doesn't clock down when multiple monitors are connected so it idles at 70C now KEK (reference card). AMD fixed this with the RX 500 series and apparently you can flash your 480 to a 580 bios to enable the power saving features). I'm not gonna experiment with that because RX Vega is just around the corner and I'm gonna buy it, promise.

Hi /bst/!

Posted late in the last thread, the lamp made the pic kinda underexposed, but you get the gist.

Love the case, model M is great as always. Wallpaper is OK. The pixel graphics are nice, but they're just plopped in the middle of dead space, an art object rather than a constructive part of the desktop experience. It does nothing structurally nor artistically interesting.

Cluttered but comfy, love the crt.

Minimal and tidy, I like it.

Not bad. I used to have figurines on my desk as well, but I would knock them down and it became too annoying to constantly pick them up over and over again.

aesthetic/10

Looks like you have a shopping cart in a dorm room. Have fun explaining that to your RA...
Other than that, I dig the vintage receiver and overall feel.

Would be better if you took the picture at a wider angle so we could see more. Posters are nice.

Excessive. However, it still looks comfy af. Maybe better in person than on camera.

Cozy. I like the windows, and the plants must be nice in the spring.

Digital gluttony.

weeb/10

Dual monitors are great like that. Maybe it's just the angle you're sitting at? I like the overall look of the station though. The plants are nice.

Simple, but nice.

A memestation, but a comfy one. You should get a new monitor though senpai.

>You should get a new monitor though senpai.
Absolutely, but I have other priorities right now

I control the security and fate of 66 different companies and 14 apps in my messy penthouse office

Meanwhile, birbs shit on your windows

i live on the top floor. They only get to my windows once a year and I get to watch in my underwear as some middle-class labourer risks his life to clean the bird shit from my glass.

So rich, but you drink stuff from fast food, and post on Sup Forums
How sad

Bought from a local store for only 15 usd so pretty good shit

Why the fuck does Minecraft look so comfy when played on a CRT?

Maybe because it recalls days of yore before microsoft bought minecraft, when it was something new and fresh, with light piano music being the sole companion to the player, left completely to their own own devices.

Why do you do so much work when it obviously pays like shit since you can't afford a nice home, nice technology or good food?

Is this..... The american way? Work hard, earn $2 an hour?

You are a fucking fag

>They only get to my windows once a year and I get to watch in my underwear as some middle-class labourer risks his life to clean the bird shit from my glass.
Awesome, I got my windows cleaned once a month while living on a top floor all glass penthouse in college and did the same thing.

I am glad I am not alone.

CRTs were long gone by the time Minecraft came along though.

I know, I just mean the general feeling of nostalgia.

HELLO BROTHERMAN BRO

Hope everything works out!

wath is the brown box between the glasses?
also, nice view

shieet late again

It is. Moving and starting work for DoD in few months.

Changed a little but I don't wanna take a new pic right now

Upgrade the RAM, replace the CMOS battery, and get rid of that Fermi card

Yeah like what dude and who are you

Dave my dude

I like those fishtail boxes on the desk top user, you make them yourself of buy a kit or something somewhere?

Yeah good I thought

Being so poor that that is "rich" to you. He would have nicer things, wouldn't eat costco brand snacks and could afford to have somebody clean up after him.

GOOD

all glass penthouse in college

must be nice

What do you do for a living?

It was, had great views and was within a three minute drive to the golf course/country club.

I moved out when a large developer bought the land around it and made low income housing using HUD bux to "diversify" the area. My building was still nearly six stories taller than the poor people apartments but I still didnt want to be around them.

so what do your parents do to afford that kind of thing?

My father is a transplant surgeon and my mother is a high school teacher.

I pay for my own things using dividends from the investments I made with my interference from my grandfather.

Inheritance, excuse my poor spelling, phone posting right now.

so you don't even work? how's it feel to win in life

I do work, I also spend my time reading as many things as I can. Currently I live in a shitty apartment while I go to a trade school for fun. I would like to learn enough so that when I move back to the midwest I rarely if ever have to leave my 150 acre, mostly wooded, property.

I just made an extremely lucky choice in the 90s by getting APPL when it was worth about $26 dollars a share and also heavily investing in military contractors at the end of Clinton's presidency and finally GOOG on IPO day.

A lot of my friends ask me why I work despite not needing to and I guess it is just the way I was raised coupled with the fact that I think I would go crazy with nothing to do with my time.

you must be quite a bit older than what I'd originally assumed to have had the cognizance and wherewithal to invest in those companies at that time. kudos to you, user.

what trade? I'm a scaffolder/carpenter, starting to look into instrumentation.

>Sony CRT 4:3 monitor
You better keep that alive, you lucky prick.
It will be worth a lot somewhere in the future.

I am learning custom riflesmithing as I am really very sick of paying for guns.

The APPL purchase was a huge risk and the military contractors made sense at the time given how much hatred there was for democrats at that point in time. Raytheon and BAE are probably some of the better performers in the military contractor realm.

I am only 32, nearly 33 now.

>riflesmithing
that's fucking cool. I was recently gifted a Lee Enfield circa WWII, I think anyhow. I don't know how to look that sort of information up. I have the serial #.

>that's fucking cool.
The only thing cool about it is the end product, actually doing it is about as entertaining as watching paint dry due to how long it takes to preform the manufacturing steps. That being said the entire process really appeals to my OCD.

For your gun there should be a label saying who made it and then there are generally more markings that either say or indicate via pictures where it was made.

Truthfully I dont really know a whole lot about milsurp aside from the fact that Mauser's can handle a hell of a lot of abuse.

Need to do wire management down there and acquire a pic worthy fap chair.

I live in a super small squat shared house, so i can only build vertically.

>Trump sticker

So basically you are a complete walking meme then?

fanboi

eastern-inspired space.. trash

to say this is a battle station ...
you...
you...

*cocks gun

>all of that acoustic foam paneling
>shitty Logitech computer speakers

Why

faggots

nice, I had 2 crts I left at my moms when I moved out for like a year+ and ended up moving back and my brother threw them out. same with my old dells I used during my neetdom.

In my experience those acoustic panels spread around the speakers or the desk can enable you to listen a little louder without pissing off any neighbors if you lived in an apartment.

Nice station, Glad to see an ally of the LGBT movement.