Why are Windows free major upgrades such shit but OS X are decent?

I know there's one autist on here who can't seem to adapt to the new way that spaces works with multiple monitors or something but for most people the major OS X upgrades, which typically make your computer run faster amazingly enough, are more or less viewed as a positive thing.

On the other hand, Microsoft's free update policy has caused a lot of pain and complaints. Is it just because people don't like the new interfaces that Windows 10 has, or is it also because it breaks software?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/teachboombeach
youtube.com/user/GAMINGwithMOLT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OSX upgrades are shittier than you'd think and are a simple method of forced obsolescence by Apple. I used to do tech support for them when Sierra launched and that update broke SO much shit.

They're both kinda shitty but at least apple has some decent os level engineers.

Windows 7 will be gone soon.

Microsoft will be gone soon too.
Desktop markets are shrinking every year, now everyone buys smart phones and buys new phones more often than computers.

How do you program or view things on a small screen?

edlin

But it won't since pc gaymers still exist.

Connect it to your monitor.

1)mainstream people don't code
2)we don't need a bigger screen when normies love meme inifinity display
3)except C# GNU/Linux is overall better programming and learning platform
4) and that's why they're trying to create "phone gaming culture" there are already youtube channels that play only phone games and people saying they need a "gaming phone"
Desktop market won't die in a day of course, slowly but surely

>phone gaming will kill pc gaming

lmao

whatever you say, android is the most used OS after 10~ years, it makes more sense to make a game for Android rather than Windows. New generation thinks computers are luxery when smartphones are essential.
youtube.com/user/teachboombeach
youtube.com/user/GAMINGwithMOLT
Nvidia Shield is a console for android gayming, just saying

The shield is flying off the shelves and Steam is dead, this is truly the reality of the situation

you just don't have any sight. You'd say android will never be most used OS back in 2013 but look at where are we now

Everything worked after I upgraded. Windows 10 has a far better GUI than Windows 8 or 8.1. Why Microsoft insists on only 1 GUI is beyond me. I hated 8 and 8.1 but shouldn't have had to be forced to use it because it's just a fucking GUI...

Anyway, compatibility for me anyway on Windows 10 has been excellent. I can't think of anything that's broken and I run older versions of software.

Doesn't have to be. I still run it. I still have 2003.

>You'd say android will never be most used OS back in 2013
Nobody said that. The moment cheap smart phones appear everybody know it will become a big thing.

Holy fucking I am so irritated right now.I am getting into windows development and found it to be clusture fuck of thousands of interrelated technology. Its like Microsoft made a curry out of their brain.
>COM
>OLE
>.NET
>C++/CX
>C++/CLI
>Now C++/WinRT

wtf they have don't have fucking standard.

While Apple development is clean.

Just the gayming. If gayming move out of windows, the windows will go down. Pls someone make this happen within 10 years.

Because they don't have Srinivas developing their OS.

>C# is better than GNU/Linux

so what happens when poor people chooses 100 dollar xiaomeme phones instead of expensive computers? A huge market for gaming.

>I still have 2003
I don't know what this means and I also don't know how you want to use an insecure computer with the internet.

probably 2003 still gets updates via Windows Posready 2009 and it's still better choice than Windows 10

At Microsoft they never really stick with any development framework for longer than a few years. (unless you count straight Win32) Reason being is that one, the marketing department is in constant need of new grist for the mill - something fresh and exciting and most importantly not what's already there. Two, as a result of that, managers at Microsoft like features. Writing new features is how a dev gets noticed by his manager at Microsoft. Maintaining, upgrading, or bugfixing old stuff is always thankless, and can easily spark turf wars if you go trying to fix a problem in someone else's area. Unless something is actively causing problems, MS devs quickly learn to just leave it the fuck alone and go do something that their boss will appreciate.

Anyone who says a Lamborghini is their dream car doesn't know the actual models and has never sat in one let alone driven one