Webassembly is made because everything is becoming extremely bloated thanks to JS

>webassembly is made because everything is becoming extremely bloated thanks to JS
>electron is made to make desktop programs in JS
Why.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte
github.com/kripken/emscripten
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypted_Media_Extensions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Web and mobile devs are subhumans and we should detain and reeducate them in work camps

Webassembly is 100% about DRM, calling it now. Binary blobs in fucking web pages! Weirder and weirder hacks needed to hide clutter.

This, except asm.js instead.

I use Electron for one project, and I use it for the HTML/CSS UI, not for the JavaScript.

electron is made to make desktop programs in any language that compiles to JavaScript, and there's a lot of them

>install multiple electron apps
>each has its own chromium binary

What's more fun is when you effectively have 3 or 4 different copies of chrome open at one time.

"technology"
a joke that went too far

>install multiple qt apps on winblows
>each has its own qt library

This.

Companies want to hide their advertising and tracking software in WebAssembly binary blobs and prevent uBlock and others from trying to block them.

Enjoy not being able to ever disable ads on youtube.

How is this different from now? Legit question, I don't see how this would be different from mixing ad code with site code, with the same reasons why ad companies don't do it (eg needing to trust the site owner to honestly report views)

>install multiple electron apps
Maybe 32GiB of ram wasn't a meme after all.

that's pretty mild compared to electron. each chromium binary is like 60-70 MB minimum

>GiB
by the way, what the fuck is this i?
Why it's being put?

"Digital Rights Management" refers to technical schemes designed to impose restrictions on computer owners. The use of the word "rights" in this term is propaganda, designed to lead you unawares into seeing the issue from the viewpoint of the few that impose the restrictions, and ignoring that of the general public on whom these restrictions are imposed.

Good alternatives include "Digital Restrictions Management," and "digital handcuffs."

>each chromium binary is like 60-70 MB minimum
so it's like 5 minutes of a chinese cartoon. literally nothing

a gibibyte

Remember when some hard drive industry businbodies changed kilobytes to be 1000 bytes instead of 1024? now we have to say GiB(Gigabytes in Binary) if we want to use the legitimate 2^10 defintiion

1GB = 1024MB (joke its actually 1000MB most of the time).

some HW manicucks decided to cheat and stick to decimal prefixes.

1GiB is guaranteed to be 1024MB

Bullshit. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
None.

Hey bro didn't you see my hip new cool JS framework that is nothing more than JQuery

Karlie Kloss is using it LOL I'm so cool

Isn't 1 GiB actually 1024 MiB?

Google owns both the site and the ads.

The only reason you're not utterly drowning in bullshit right now just to browse the web is because javascript cannot be meaningfully obfuscated.

The only reason a company would use web assembly is to have an unreadable binary blob instead of a readable Javascript file. This makes it harder for the end user to modify the web page in any way, which is basically DRM

Because all the fucktarded webdevs got tired of having to design everything around 6 different browsers and thought HEY JAVASCRIPT IS FUCKING AMAZING THOUGH ISNT IT??? LETS MAKE IT USABLE FOR DESKTOPS!!!!

Oh sorry mate, I didn't read your question right. Yes it is. It is not often used though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte

Okay, in that case I need to apologize to you.

I thought you meant movie DRM or something like that.
What you're saying there is correct.

Which is why I'm still able to block ads from being played on YouTube.

wait...

C/C++ to JS compiler
github.com/kripken/emscripten

Also compiles OpenGL to WebGL.

This combined with asm.js is what is used nowadays I think, correct me if I am wrong.

Actually DRM is proposed as part of the tag by W3C.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypted_Media_Extensions