No, I'm not a good goy.

Waiting for Zen2

I'm good, thanks.

>Intel : Pay More For Less!(tm)

>literally Pentium 4: Extreme Editon v2.0

nah I'm waiting for threadripper

Only if they crank it up to i11.

The only reasonable option for those on Haswell/Skylake/Babylake

Still on an old core 2 duo. Probably won't upgrade for another 10 years or so.

My C2D died recently so I upgraded to FX-8370 because I could get it very cheap thanks to Ryzen.

How does a CPU dies? It just stop working or it start throwing errors at you? I still have my Pentium III and a Pentium D working and I have never ever seen a dead CPU.

It wasn't exactly the CPU that caused it. Power supply decided to snuff it and took the motherboard with it. I'm at least 80% sure the CPU still works but have no mobo to test it on and I didn't want to invest into something that has problems handling modern web.

I'm going to wait until HP, Dell, and Lenovo release versions of their workstations that feature the new Xeons based on the same architecture.

Then I will wait for corporations to sell their old machines at auction. At which point I will pick up a dual Xeon Broadwell based system for a couple of hundred dollars. The e5-2640 v4 looks like it might be the one to get.

I'll get an i9 maybe around 2023 or so when they're so cheap I'll run across one in a used Thinkpad.

Baka inside

Ryzen is the patrician choice

>falling for the CPU meme

Why? For most people the 1151 socket is more than enough. Buying a new socket just for quad ddr or what ever the fucking reason is it dumb.

Nah mate,my i5 6600k its good enough for muh vydia.

Of course not

I7s are overkill enough. Unless something major changes I don't see a need for even more. Diddo for AMD and their high core CPUs.

Intel CPUs can't melt steel heatsinks. Or can they? Find out this August.

>i9
>no 9W power consumption
>no 9GHz frequency
What the fuck intel?

Why would I buy a rebranded i7

Ryzen R7-2/3800X for me.

Are you going to install gen2 on zen2?

All hardware is just rebranded versions of other hardware.

No. Why would I? There's Threadripper.

Sure sure David.

Tejas was cancelled. I'm sorry. Although that would have been 999 watts.

I've been hearing good things about about Ryzen

What ever you say Walter.

Only dead CPUs I can remember had a cracked die. Back in the olden days you could fry them, but that has been an extremely rare occurence with all the temperature monitoring, throttling and other overheat protecton etc. I guess you could fry them by overvolting them beyond what they can take safely (but I guess that would be rather difficult these days too).

>I9 in a laptop
Who the fuck would put a +120W CPU in a laptop?

cerosin doesnt get hot enough to melt steel.
intel i9 does !!

>paying double the price or more for the same performance or less as AMD's threadripper CPUs

I'm a good goy, but I'm not that good.

It's a whole line-up, friend. They'll make lower TDP versions.