Apart from Sup Forums what other websites do you use to stay up to date with technology, Sup Forums?

Apart from Sup Forums what other websites do you use to stay up to date with technology, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums only, most sites are just consumerism whoring.

/r/programming
/r/technology

Mostly Sup Forums, you guys are willing to do all my research for me and provide me with links to sources

reddit

Sup Forums
Google news headlines
Sup Forums
Sup Forums

In that unfortunate order

Lots of enterprise IT and vendor websites so I can keep up with the newest memes in the industry

IEEE spectrum sometimes have pretty good articles.

Ars Technica
Level1Techs for passive consumption
Occasionally

Oh and Schneier's blog is good though I don't really peruse that often. And ted unangst sometimes

Reddit. The programming boards are not as cancerous as the rest of the damn website.

Except for the JS one.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

If you've never seen that trainwreck, look at it. It's full of retarded people who keep convincing each other that their absurd abstractions which make programs 5 orders of magnitudes slower than they could be are "not noticeable" by the end customer because their I7 desktop handles it "fast enough".

Jesus Christ, the PHP subreddit more reasonable. THE FUCKING PHP SUBREEDIT!

Actually, now that I think about it, I need to visit a different website.

ITT: what is RSS

I just have a bunch of feeds in my reader and that's it

What is a good mobile RSS reader and what do you use on desktop? I used newsbeuter for a bit there but then stopped

None because "staying up" with consumer shit is bullshit

>consumer shit
NEET detected. If you have a job in the tech world it's vital to stay up-to-date with tech.

feedly

it's botnet, what what isn't in this day and age

the register

and what ever tech stuff drudge links to

ghacks.net/

Was hoping you wouldn't say that. Thanks though

Originally they've only let you sign in with Google or FB account, but for some time they've had their own login system now, which makes it less botnety.

But anyway, it's hands down the best reader out there. Easy, convenient, good Android app and feeds update quite frequently. I bring up the latter because The Old Reader, which is a similar provider updates like once a day which sucks.

The downside is that you can't search in the articles because it's for premium users only.

Epic le bait XD