Teacher wants me to use proprietary software

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>be me
>have homework
>in GPSS
>ask if I can use Python instead
>"no"
>figure that this GPSS thing has to be free like most languages
>look it up
>find a dozen of derivatives
>all either cost money or give me a student demo with limitations that make it useless for my needs
>tell teacher that she's attacking my freedom
>looks dumbfounded
>explain that GPSS is not free software and that I'm only comfortable with free software
>"but there's a demo version that's free"
>ask if I can use Python
>"no"
>tell her that I'm using Python
>she informs me that if I don't deliver the GPSS diagrams and GPSS code it doesn't count because it's not the actual homework she requested
>ask her why she's forcing us to use proprietary software instead of free stuff
>explains to me that there's a free demo version that I can use to generate the diagrams
>I humor her a little and ask what about the code then, since the demo limitations restrict the length of the code and size of the simulation
>she tells me that I can write the code in a notepad and that as long as it works it doesn't matter, because I don't have to provide proof of the thing running, only the code
>ask how am I supposed to verify that the code works if I can't have a working GPSS environment
>"you can always buy it if you want to"
>notice her writing some stuff next to my name in the roll book as I go home
>decide that I might buy it or something
>"Buy Personal Version for only $695!"
>includes 30 days of non-enterprise support
>all the money I own adds up to $314

And on top of that it's for Windows only, and my step dad yelled at me when I asked for his card.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. Needless to say, this is not Reddit. .

Does it ever dawn on free software zealots that they're trapped in an ideological prison whenever they refuse to use non-free software?

might be a dumb question, but does your school perhaps have computer labs which would have the software installed? At least at my uni, that's always been the case. It's not terribly convenient but it doesn't cost anymore than you're already paying for school.

>d-dude if you refuse to get fucked in the ass by some faggots at some bug chaser orgy you're trapped in an ideological prison
>be open minded and broaden your horizons dude

>school requires the use of specific software
>doesn't provide the software

Sounds like a shitty school, I got Microsoft Project and Visio 2016 for free when I had to take Project Management. The only other software I've had do download for school was Lockdown Browser, and that was only for one class.

Using some shitty domain specific IDE or programming language isn't going to give you AIDS you shitstain.

Also, the school is required to provide computers with any required software for your course, especially if it's not available for free.

You might politely suggest to your teacher that she shove her proprietary software up her ass sideways.

I always thought that too, hearing stallman talk.
These people deny themself software. That is all.
Anyways, these people also do not get fucked by randomshit like skype which may record calls and stuff. But I think you already know that by installing and wanting to use skype. So in the end: These people deny themself software. That is all as far as I understand it. Like vegans that do not eat meat. They get fucked by chemicals in the vegetables too, since most free-people don't even read the code. They just make sure they have the code but most of them do not read it.

Can you fuck off back the grave?

Anyways, that is from someone using Debian and having "unrar-free" installed (which isn't actually that "free").

>ask if I can use Python instead
You should feel ashamed of yourself

you know what this means, right? you have to kill your teacher. she left you no choice. she could have prevented this. but she chose slavery over freedom.

HE'S SUPER DEAD GUYS HAHAHAHA BASED

This is why I dropped out of Uni.

Why? Python is fine

>lives with parents
>argues with professor
>step dad
>Reddit post

Just kill yourself

Your school sound s fucking retarded, transfer

>not going to a free school

Just use a burner pc in the library. Is this your first day?

>school computers have windows on it

But the chances of free software fucking you in the ass are negligible, while the chances of being fucked in the ass by proprietary software are pretty fkin high.

dude pirate it, use school computers. simple

>move out at 18 and acquire debt goy
>keep your head down and obey goy
>you don't need a father figure, become effeminate or criminal and play with fidget spinners goy
How jewish are you?

I don't even care if this is ironic. You actually need to kill yourself. For your own good.

>notice her writing some stuff next to my name in the roll book as I go home
>roll book
>2017

This was pretty subtle, Ill give you a 1/10 since I bothered to reply.

Can you run the code to test it? Why not write it in notepad then pop an .exe on the end?

kek

>female professor
>having a good time in a CS class

Pick one