Upgrading to new ISP on Friday

>Upgrading to new ISP on Friday
>FTTP 200mbps
>ISP doesn't support IPv6

Why would you want ipv6 support? NAT pretty much killed the need.

>t. I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about

>t. I get defensive when people call me out on my ignorance

lol wat. Are you a little slow user?

>NAT pretty much killed the need
please tell me more about how the ipv4 NATs work
does their existence mean that I can't actually reach any ipv4 address from anywhere in the world?

Any girls ITT?

I'm a girl, wanna see my cock?

You have to go back!

>muh IoT

Just how corrupted are you?
Girls do not have cocks.

I'm guessing that English is not your first language. They mean that you aren't going to need ipv6 to keep from running out of addresses. Why do you think ipv6 is important or necessary? Are you sure you understand basic networking?

>More than one console of the same type in a household for example.
>IPv4 NAT to the rescue!11111
Good luck, retard.

>I'm guessing that English is not your first language.
What's wrong with what I wrote?
>They mean that you aren't going to need ipv6 to keep from running out of addresses.
That's not what I asked.
>Why do you think ipv6 is important or necessary?
I'd love to live in a world where I can reach any IP address no matter where I am right now
Are you sure you understand basic networking?
Yes, I'm pretty sure I understand basic networking

>Does the existence of carrier-grade NAT mean that you can't access any IPv4 address from anywhere?
This was my question.

Works in my house. You must have fucked something up

Please explain the value of this to me as I am clearly not seeing it and I would like to understand why you value it.

>Not being able to VPN into your home network while at work/on vacation
>Not being able to access your home server from your friend's house to show them your spiciest maymays
>Not being able to have any ports open to any of your devices
To hell with v6, CGNAT is the future

I do all of this just fine without v6 though...

Then you're probably not behind CGNAT ... yet

>Girls don't have cocks
Oh boy do I have news for you user!

Fucking moron.

U2sweetheart

Those are just dudes with Tits user.

Heh

I work in a financial tech datacenter / software development shop (think: there are banks that do nothing other than run our software over a VPN or MPLS, they get even their hardware from us), and IPv6 doesn't even make the top 50 of our concerns right now. In fact, we just bought another class C of IPv4 space.

>wanting a slow protocol

I work for a major saas company, millions of concurrent users. I don't think we have any IPv6 support yet.

I do networking for a rather large institution, and all of our devices have public IP addresses.

The printer, my desktop, VOIP phones, etc.
All of them.

Are they routable, though? We are moving toward public IP addresses for many of our internal services, but they are only accessible over VPN. The main reason is to avoid subnet conflicts with remote branches/clients/vendors (because our NATs are getting crazy), and so that we don't have internal subnets referenced on our public DNS.

yourfinancialdata.ourcompany.net -> 234.123.7.89

looks better than

yourfinancialdata.company.net -> 10.5.3.1