Order item from amazon prime

>order item from amazon prime
>request return for poor product
>free return no restock fee

>request return for item from newegg
>that will be $12 shipping + $10 restock fee :^)

>newegg

this isn't fucking 2007, use a real website nerd.

What was this "poor product"?

troll post. amazon most definitely charges return shipping

Amazon also completely fucks over their sellers and suppliers. The customer is always right, even if they are a scam artist and want to get away with a refund of the original product and end up not having to return the original.

Send it to the Amazon judicial department to investiage a claim, even with proof that the customer is being shady Amazon will literally pull the money out of your account to refund them and let them keep the "defective" product, and force you to send them a new one on top.

>drive to Frys
>buy components
>go home and realize I bought the wrong thing
>go back and get what I was supposed to buy
>free exchanges

Feels good to live in a civilized country. It must suck to be autistic and have to do all your shopping online.

>walk into any section in Frys
>get swarmed by commision hungry salesmen
>allow them to desperately compete for my affections
>throw away their invoice before I check out
>Did you have any help finding anything?
>Nope.

>free
Pretty see the cost was included with your prime membership

since when are customers allowed to keep defective products?

not if its prime and use the reason "innacurate website description"

you don't have to return products only if they are like $5 and below

>get swarmed by commision hungry salesmen
Literally not a thing unless you're trying to buy something as large as a wascher/dryer combo or a big screen 4k television and even then they're pretty laid back and don't give a shit.

>using newegg ever

They aren't, but you never get the item back. The customer would never do anything illicit.
Read above.

>order laptop from Amazon
>say it never came

wow free laptop

And it's people like you who create people like this

For small shit, they just ship you a new one.

Even most eBay sellers offer free return shipping
Quit using Newegg already

Maybe you look poor. As soon as I start stopping to look at things they are there.

>order fan on Amazon
>deliver wrong fan
>tell them its the wrong fan
>Amazon sends a new one

>new fan arrives
>same wrong fan
>double check to make sure I'm not the dumb one here
>my order was correct both times
>customer service again, they'll send the right one this time ;)
>as a bonus, I can keep the wrong 2 fans if I want

>new fan comes, its correct
>2 weeks later, reminder from Amazon to return the 2 wrong fans
>customer service again. Confirm via chat transcripts that I can keep the 2 wrong fans
>""""""""John""""""" in the """""""""United States"""""""" confirms that Iwon't be charged

>2 more weeks later
>charged for the 2 fans
>what the fuck

????????

>using (((amazon)))

Cause it's their job to ask you dumbass. Learn to communicate so you don't sound like you're leading them on like a bitch.

When our keurig went on the fritz and we sent in for a replacement, they just made us mail them the coffee filter back as proof.

you probably look unsure of yourself so they go and ask you for help

This does not happen to me they only bother the dumber customers

Lol, contact customer support to resolve your issue

>using the smiley with a carat nose

I got jewed over by a PSU that newegg offered a $20 mail in rebate on. So i bought it there instead of amazon like i usually do.
turns out the psu caused some bad vrm buzzing and gpu buzzing and the psu fan it self was noisy so i put in an RMA to return it while buying a different brand psu from amazon for the same price
newegg then tells me despite being unhappy with a defective product i still owe a restocking and shipping fee so that $60 psu i bought i will only get $38 back

Dont sell on amazon if you dont like it. I will gladly buy on ebay to avoid sales tax

Yeah, and?

... don't?

Hmmmmm nah, not gonna do it.

:^)
^
)

>sales tax for online purchases
What ghetto shit countries do this?

>using the smiley with a carat nose
>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

>order new build parts from amazon
>charged $60 sales tax because I live in chicago
fuck me

>The customer would never do anything illicit.

I guess in Amazon's eyes, the majority of customers won't. it would be a huge waste of resources investigating the often ambiguous and confusing nature of various scenarios. to settle, and get it over with streamlines the system. for a company who's main draw is ease of use, this is no small deal. to establish "faith" in the company the company needs to be lenient. the company needs to appear to be doing the buyers a favor. the freedom to return anything anytime may paradoxically give rise to increased spending for simple lack of inhibition...the ability to not face the consequence of spending.

the same logic applies to credit card companies. the freedom gives way to profit because inevitably individuals get sloppy and too loose with their money, missing payments, etc

cont'd.

I've considered this myself because Amazon definitely leverages the buyer's power. but it is unique in that Amazon functions as a "facilitator"

so for example, say you buy X monitor from X company, and then return the monitor. company X returns the full amount, so all that is left is the cost of shipping. Amazon takes this out of the return.

Who is to say Amazon doesn't add a dollar here and there to the return in the way of pure profit? Company X is not shipping or processing, that is the domain of Amazon. In this way, Amazon generated a dollar or two out of essentially thin air. They must have struck such a deal with mail carriers like UPS, that the cost of individual packages would be negligible.

TL;DR, the entirety of the "processing" may cost $10 for an item. Amazon charges $12 to the parties involved and generates 2 dollars profit off of a computer monitor being sent from a company to a buyer and back again. Not producing anything except the massive infrastructure already in place