What do windows users have against Linux?

What do windows users have against Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/2510334/financial-it/how-linux-mastered-wall-street.html
store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers&os=linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linux users bully wincucks on Sup Forums REEEEEE

It's the other way around most of the time.

Nothing. It's a perfectly good OS for routers and phones.
We just have something against freetards who shill Linux 24/7. I wonder how much Red Hat pays them.

14 bing points per (you). 3 rupees per GET

We have a functioning OS that you don't have to fix every five minutes.

>functioning OS
>Update windows
>It's broken

>Functioning OS

I hate how linux fags spend hours ricing their desktop just to take a screenshot

It's called satisficing. People don't rationally optimize every aspect of their lives. If something they are already familiar with gets the job done there is little motivation to change ways despite superior alternatives.

>install windows
>look for drivers
>download drivers from manufacturer's website
>no wifi drivers no hope
>misery

>install Linux
>just werks
>joy

It's GNU/Linux.

You hate that you can't nigger

It's for aesthetics, user. If you don't like it, just stick to default.

unstable
no support
no games
no drivers
windows can do virtually everything linux can

You linux shills appear out of the woodwork every time Windows is mentioned and go on and on about how Linux is so superior and completely ignore any valid criticisms like how some people need software that only works on Windows.

Is this the "riced desktop" that you accuse Linux fags such as myself of having?

>6 year old Debian machine still killin' it
>The Windows VM onboard shat itself during an update

>fix every five minutes
05:17:03 up 485 days, 54 min, 13 users, load average: 0.54, 0.32, 0.31
That's my desktop system. Please post your Windows uptime.

>windows can do virtually everything linux can
Except making sense.

>Say something that triggers Loonix faggots
>Guaranteed replies
top kek

They have irrational hatred for anyone who dares to use something they are not familiar with, in part because they feel threatened, and in part because they have Stockholm syndrome.

Seriously, start a thread asking a simple question about doing X Y or Z in Linux and watch a winfat show up with
>HURRR DURR INSTALL WENDOOS AND BE PRODUCTIVE LIKE MEEE SHITPOSTING ON Sup Forums AND PLAYING VIDYA

Windows users fucking destroyed the posting quality on this board over the past couple of years and honestly the only way to fix it is to start banning people who also frequent Sup Forums

>linux shills
I'm not sure you understand what that word means.

>unstable
>no drivers
ishygddt

>windows can do virtually everything linux can
except stop putting fucking commercials on your own desktop and spying on you

don't you reboot for kernel updates and shit?

Haven't had any of particular note. 90+% of kernel upgrades are bugfixes in particular drivers.

>*loli pedo 10 year old anime girl*
>*pink or blue pastel bright colors or meme dark edgy backgrounds*
>look at my specs that look like a command line, I'm so hacker by installing a non-windows OS
>wow im actually browsing Sup Forums on this non-windows browser, windows fags btfo

>be tech illiterate
>use Windows (because you're tech illiterate)
>get infected with wannacry or some shit (see above)
they just lash out at others to take out their frustration over being cucks

which distro senpai? debian?

I like to reboot once a week or every other week for kernel upgrades. Still better uptime than the average Windows system

Debian stable, yes. I'll probably reboot in the near future when Stretch is released.

t. Linux cuck
Good luck with Steam

Good for you, I have to reboot whenever nvidia, systemd or the kernel updates

t. Arch User

>posts server's uptime
>calls it "his desktop system"
i know you're trying to compensate, but c'mon

>systemd
Well, there's your problem.

05:35:46 up 1212 days, 21:20, 3 users, load average: 1.21, 0.85, 0.65
That's my server. Well, one of them, at least.

systemd is bae though, except with hibernating, in that case I hate it

what are you talking about? Steam just works out of the box for most distros.

>be tech illiterate
>use Linux (because you're tech illiterate enough to think continually fixing a broken OS is better than having a working one)
>wannacry about Windows all day because you get your identity from your OS and Windows makes it look like shit.

>systemd is bae though
>Bæ/bae is a Danish word for poop.
I agree.

>you get your identity from your OS
pretty much described yourself. pic related. go back to Sup Forums and never post on this board again

See

wai.... what?

I dont like them for the simple fact that they're black

It's literally just because they're too stupid to use it. There's nothing wrong with Windows as a workstation/gaming OS, but when it comes to actually getting stuff done nothing beats Linux.

Wow, that was hard

This is just another example of winfags speaking from a place of ignorance. Having never tried anything different, they irrationally attack and hate anything that is remotely different from what they're used to, even if no one is telling them to use it. Most of the time they just make up bullshit that isn't even true.

>Free
>Buy

The only downside to Linux is its harder to play games on it.

We don't think about Linux most of the time, until Linuxfags start threads such as this.

>apt-get install steam
alright I feel dumb for responding to such shitty bait but come on, are Windows users really this retarded?

Then I guess you don't have a job doing anything other than help desk monkey shit.

Linux only breaks if you fuck it up, if linux breaks it is directly your fault

Yes.
>HURR DURR THERES NO INSTALLER WIZARD THAT TRIES TO INSTALL A MILLION DIFFERENT TOOLBARS AND BITCOIN MINERS HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS

Linux user here. I don't get the joke in the picture. What do you have against gaming? Are you not aware that game development is a legitimate and powerful art form? Granted, it's very rarely used to its full potential -- most developers just want to make fun and enjoyable experiences and make lots of money -- but has it never occurred to you that there's something deeper worth being created here? You can catch glimpses of it every once in awhile in some particularly special game:
>Mother 3
>Journey
>Flower
>Yume Nikki
>Lisa: the Painful RPG
>Zelda: Majora's Mask
>Portal 2
>Undertale
>Spec Ops: the Line
But even these are only fractions of the true potential of video games as an artistic medium that can be used to enlighten its players and convey powerful messages about society.

>Linux only breaks if you use it. If you use it it's directly your fault.
Pretty much.

The truth has been spoken.

Hey.
Boogie may be a landwhale but he's an alright guy.
You fuck right off.

Give me one example.

I have nothing against gaming. I love video games. Just can't stand PC masterfats who derive some sense of superiority from the fact that they play video games and shit up every thread with "CANT PLAY VIDYA FUCK THAT"

I didn't say anything about Boogie. He's a good guy

Okay, big shot. Why Microsoft allow NSA to use a known backdoor that they don't bother to patch?

Why are you making "Hurr durr Linux is da bestest and windoze is dumb" threads?

As a Windows user I'm just fucking jealous. The desktops look way better, there is no built-in spyware, and it's far less bloat. But as a PC noob I also want to know if it can run

1. Games
2. Basic software for word processing, web browsing, and utilities like calculators and such
3. Is it a bug fest or is it pretty easy to use

It's the other way around, just look at this thread or the catalog

>alright guy
>literally too scared to state his opinion in fear of offending others

fuck boogie

Oh.
Yeah that seems obnoxious.
Besides, it's not even true. Linux can definitely hypothetically play vidya, and I'm working on realizing that hypothesis right now. It's just something you don't hear about often because most game developers are just brown-nosing Big Names(C) that don't give a shit about anything but publishing the BIGGEST stuff for the BIGGEST corporations and making a small fortune. It's really sad there aren't more game devs who see the art in it, but I'm glad we're starting to see our numbers rise.

So much butthurt.
Your tiny brain thinks that jobs using computers only revolve around programmers, IT, helpdesk and lowly wage-slave jobs.

>Games
Yeah, but some you might have to use wine
>Basic software
there's LibreOffice for qord processing web browsing you an get basically any web browser you can on windows and everything else there is an equivelent for
>bug fest
Its pretty easy to learn, just don't fuck around in the command line not knowing what you're doing

>PC noob
>games
From that criteria alone it's probably not for you. It's not well-suited for the average gamer/media-consumer. It requires an open mind to different ways of doing things, and sometimes a DIY mentality.

As for basic word processing and web browsing, of course. It has Chrome and Firefox. LibreWriter is a more than adequate replacement for MS Word, unless you have some bizarrely specific use case that requires MS Word. And in my opinion the default calculator that comes with GNOME is better than the default that comes with Windows 10.

Linux fills my niche gaming preferences well enough. I like weeb shit like VNs and lewd panty shot games. Neither Windows nor Linux properly supports older installments of my favorite series, particularly the Atelier or MGS series. Not without an emulator, anyways

computerworld.com/article/2510334/financial-it/how-linux-mastered-wall-street.html

>1. Games
Basically no. You have Portal 2, a bunch of silly phone games, a pretty nice selection of gaming console emulators, anything that runs on Java, and a fantastic resource base to make your own games if you want to. That's about it.
>2. Basic software for word processing, web browsing, and utilities like calculators and such
In abundance.
>3. Is it a bug fest or is it pretty easy to use
Both. The OS itself is solid; pretty few "bugs" per se. But the hardware support isn't great. It's not that they CAN'T get it together on that front; they just WON'T, because a lot of hardware drivers are proprietary, and distributing proprietary software or otherwise encouraging its use is against their whole philosophy. You can still obtain and install the drivers and everything works smoothly, but until you do, some things can be a pain sometimes. That being said, support problems and such are pretty easy to deal with. Linux's error messages are much more informative and specific than those supplied by Windows. Easier to Google on, and a lot of resources to provide advice.

Games will run at nearly native speed if you have a second GPU to dedicate to a VM. Look at the list of games under SteamOS on steam to see

lul user please. Basically all source games run on linux or perfectly on wine.

>Basically no.
store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers&os=linux

I have nothing against linux and would use it exclusively if it weren't for video games.

Both operating system are absolutely trash, Mac & BSD all the way.

This is kindof true. I use linux on my main machine and I'm actually annoyed at times by the general ineptitude displayed by most windows users, but they are a source of income. I don't troll them though. I try to help them. The trolling against linux here is probably just past time because it is tempting to reply to anti-linux bait. Also the fud is pretty effective at keeping windows users away from linux and microsoft is a pretty aggressive company. When I set up a windows machine and get it running nice I can see the value of it. I can also see the agression of it as well and I find it deplorable. But I use an older version of windows in a vm for some old applications and I value that.

I'm annoyed by poor windows users that beg for help with really simple shit and not thinking outside the box and not using free (free as in free beer) things to their advantage like linux and vm's etc. cause it's too hard. When you're poor you got time. Save your money.

Haven't met a windows user that had anything against linux. Most don't know about it or think it's too hard, but none are against it.

>What do windows users have against Linux?

Shit doesn't work every fucking day and you have to google how to fix it. The fix is with the terminal of course.

Using the terminal.

Low selection of software.

Also the only time I ever use it is to run some aspie's open source program that he decided to make for linux. Then I'm stuck in the terminal for an hour collecting all the dependencies because his install directions didn't work, finally install shit, then find out I need more dependencies.

Linux is a tinker toy and not a real OS so its users can feel superior for fixing something that's always worked on windows. If you keep using an OS for a hobby instead of a tool you'll be eating crud off your foot one day.

>be retarded
>make retard post
everytime

I don't know how to use it correctly therefore it's bad

>Shit doesn't work every fucking day and you have to google how to fix it
Wrong

Shit literally just works once you have it installed, more stable than any Windows operating system in my experience.

>sudo apt-get install program
>dependencies installed with program automatically
It's not the fault of Linux if some guy decided to make a program for it without a proper list of the dependencies you need.

what the fuck are you even doing using a program not properly supported by the package manager devs if you barely even know how to use the terminal? stick to windows, I don't care what your use case is, stick to Windows, it's for stupid people like you. It's not always the best tool for the job but sometimes stupid people can't handle the best tool for the job.

>mine works

>sudo apt-get install program
And you know every program name because Linux only has 3 worth using.

>Linux is a tinker toy
meanwhile the primary argument winfats have against Linux is "muh gaymes"

nice toy OS you have there

apt search $program

pacman is better in every way

>sudo apt-cache search program
>google programName distroName
this is actually simpler than installing shit on Windows because it cuts out the steps in between that require you to download a .exe from some sketchy site and click through the installer hoping they don't sneak in some toolbars or some shit

>what the fuck are you even doing using a program not properly supported by the package manager devs if you barely even know how to use the terminal?

Because it's not on windows. Wow that was hard.

>It's not the fault of Linux if some guy decided to make a program for it without a proper list of the dependencies you need.

It's the culture of that platform. People depend on other's code a lot, but its up to the user to go install it. When people make windows apps they don't do that shit.

Did the last wart on your foot taste good?

>trying to install .net framework 4
>installer just sits there for an hour before failing
>doesn't give any info
>google search for an hour until i find some random program that fixes broken .net installers
>still doesn't work
>restart computer five times each taking minutes to load because windows
>finally installs after the millionth time

Nothing. Linux users are the racists ones.

>apt list *word-i-think-is-probably-part-of-the-name-of-the-program-i-want* | less
>scroll around and find the thing
>sudo apt install the-thing

>use windows
>dont be an idiot to begin with
>nothing bad happens
>enjoy wide collection of games without having to use an OS emulator

You have to play with the OS because it has no games

for me, it's actually simpler
>pacman -Ss programName
9 times out of 10 it will be in the repositories. if not:
>yaourt programName
Will definitely be there.

You have to play games because you don't have a job

>Did the last wart on your foot taste good?
insults poster not argument

>nothing bad happens
I call bullshit

You're literally MitM'd.