I need a cloud to upload my important files. They are large and i care about privacy a lot. What do you guys recommend...

I need a cloud to upload my important files. They are large and i care about privacy a lot. What do you guys recommend? What is a high-capacity cloud server that i can trust? I can afford it as long as it is very cheap.

it is kind of urgent could you guys help me out?

owncloud
grab an old computer and just put some mirrored HDD inside and use it as you cloud

Create an FTP server on your PC and forward ports on your router. There you go

Install Gentoo

i will be leaving the country to visit my homeland, i need a single solution that would help me recover files there without any problems. I don't think i can use a mirrored hdd or a ftp server.

VPS + nextcloud

if you are going to store your shit in a cloud, at least have as much control over it as possible

I recommend that you encrypt your files before uploading them to a computer you don't control.

an external harddrive

How can i do it? A simple .rar file with password is enough?

I am going to leave the country. Not sure if i can take a hdd with me. It is very strict lately + there is a chance that it might get damaged.

could you explain more? I'm not familiar with networking stuff.

unfortunately, i'm not using linux yet.

bump

bump :(

help a newfag in need

mega . nz

and for super tinfoil, use truecrypt before uploading files.

Winrar and 7zip should be good enough unless you're the leader of ISIS.
They can also split the archive in smaller parts, which makes it easier to upload it.

Just remember to set it to.hide the contents too, otherwise they'll be able to navigate the folders and see your files (without being able to open them).

If you're feeling extra tinfoil you can use Truecrypt or Veracrypt (set to AES-Twofish-Serpent with Whirlpool).

If you want even more tinfoil you can use TC/VC and rar the container.

With this level of encryption you shouldn't worry about trustworthiness. Only that it remains online long enough for you to retreive your files, so go look at what the most established ones offer and choose whatever is best for you.

Avoid file-sharing services like MEGA if possible, as they could close at any time.

Thanks man, I appreciate your help a lot. I will look into everything you mentioned. I decided on using sync.com. definitely staying away from MEGA since i just read some shit about it.

in a hurry to leave the uk, ahmed?

apple is not selling dildo shaped hdds you can just plug into your default out port to bypass tsa

> cheap
Syncthing if you can use it.

Maybe Backblaze B2 (or if it's for your backup, the backup offering) otherwise.

The only cloud server you can trust is your own.

Install yourself something like owncloud on a Linux server.
This will be as much privacy as you can get

setting up an ftp server would be a lot easier

But then you should at least implement ftps for encrypted connections

syncthing

Bump

AES is enough, everything else makes it too slow.

make your own web server
>I need it to be all of these things listed
>oh also it needs to be cheap :^)
fuck you winbaby

>helping a terrorist
OP is obviously a bong trying to flee to syria