Is vulkan going to destroy DirectX?

Is vulkan going to destroy DirectX?
Should I keep learning D12 or switch to vulkan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keep it portable, faggot

learn either, they're more similar than opengl and older d3d versions are so it shouldn't be as hard to switch between them

>Is vulkan going to destroy DirectX?
History says no. Microsoft will continue innovating while open sores lags far behind.

There hasn't been anything innovative in dx

Learn it but its hard as fuck because documentation. Is poor because of how new it is

Ok.

Can anyone explain why opengl is not faster than directX. DirectX use tons of wrapper whereas opengl use C functions.
>FUCK

>Is vulkan going to destroy DirectX?
No

It is not the api or functions that is optimized.
It is the byte code, the native machine code that is optimized. MS spent millions of dollars in making very smart compilers, linkers and loaders.
Their dll is far efficient than GNU/llvm .so files.

developers are shit.

Because opengl is just a spec for a bunch functions and what they should do. What's done by the function is done on a implementation basis and directx is more popular so people who do those pay more attention to it.

b-but Vulkan is portable

No. The support and documentation for DX12 are far better than Vulkan.

>vulkan
>portable

lol no.

windows =directx,vulkan

linux =they can barely make modern opengl work on linux proper vulkan support only in years

mac = opengl,metal (no vulkan support and will never be)

ios = opengl ES , metal (no vulkan)

xbox =directx 12 (no vulkan here)

playstation = gnmx (no vulkan here either)

the switch can use vulkan

did you just conveniently forget android which is the most popular platform in the world?

>mac = opengl,metal (no vulkan support
You are joking, right?

no im not joking apple stated that they are not going to support vulkan in any of their devices.

So mac will never be a place for cute anime lovers gaymers?

Switch now.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
>"Embrace, extend, and extinguish",[1] also known as "Embrace, extend, and exterminate",[2] is a phrase that the U.S. Department of Justice found[3] that was used internally by Microsoft[4] to describe its strategy for entering product categories involving widely used standards, extending those standards with proprietary capabilities, and then using those differences to disadvantage its competitors.

who the fuck cares about gayming on android?

seems like everone. literally every person under 25 I meet is constantly on their phone playing some shitty game

Falling for that bait.

Are you insane? GCC is the most advanced compiler that currently exists. Stop spreading FUD

Could've read some more words on that wiki page.

Prove it.

>apple stated that they are not going to support vulkan
>third party support for iOS and macOS is also available

These are not the same thing though.

>most advanced
Yes, as a compiler in general.

>best
depends on the case

>fastest
probably not

Moltenvk is just a wrapper around metal

Top quality reading comprehension, fucktard. Are you getting paid in rupees to spread disinfo too

Holy shit.
Although I can relate any greedy corporation would do that for its benefits, I cannot say from my wage cuck position that if this is good or bad.
If MS were my own company, I wonder If I would become like this and feel nothing bad about it. But rest of the common masses would certainly be triggerred.

Yeah that is why binaries are so efficient?

So this is what they are doing with linux now.
>Moving from subversion to git
>Microsoft loves linux

It's also in illegal practice.

this guy sucking gcc's dick, claiming it's the best tool for every job: highest loudlaughs.

Real winners of the graphics API war are midleware makers who abstract away all that.

what are they?
But different implementation of that middleware would perform differently, won't they?
For instance, DirectX implementation of this middleware will be faster than OpenGL counterpart.

Checked.
By illegal you mean by law or by nature?
MS still do this and even Bill Gates upfrontly accepted this in public. It is unaffected.
MS has another 30-40 of reign I can tell you that.

There's literally no reason to learn either. Use an existing game engine. It's going to be far better than anything you can write.

BASED
A
S
E
D

Vulkan won't get anywhere if people don't start learning it. If you want it to beat out D12 then use it.