Why is Linux so popular in India?

Why is Linux so popular in India?

There are 200 times more Linux users in India than in America and Europe combined.

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/all/india
itsfoss.com/open-source-kerala/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you have any sources for that?
If it's true then that's great.

What statistics are you considering? There are 1.3b people in India. The percentage of developers in the computer useing part of the population is probably higher as well.

cause poojeets cant afford a windows license

Who is this fluid Druid

FSF website

You don't need Windows

> no money

Nice.
I was under the assumption that indians were forced to use windows in school and therefore never learnt about the superior, and free, alternative that is GNU/linux but I guess they have.

probably counts Android as linux

There are 200 times more people in India.
Use percentages in respect to population if you want real answers

It's the opposite.

No

>Why do poor people use a free OS
Gee, who knows

I have been to Nepal for quite some time and what I saw there were constantly broken windows installations, due to power shortages, whoch can occur every day at any time. The installations mostly break because of interupted windows updates. I myself helped them out by installing lubuntu on their pc's. All they mostly do is FB and YT anyways, so they are content with any os that can properly run a browser.
I guess it's similar for India.

Maybe it's time to go to India to get a GNU gf?

Sometimes being poor seems to bring positive consequences

Indians are poor. GNU/Linux is always popular in very poor countries because they don't care about the lack of desktop quality and are just grateful to have some kind of GUI and programs even if they are all shit.

Pardon, but I'd just like to hold you up for one moment. What you're calling Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I just the other day began to call it, GNU + Linux. Linux serves as not an operating setup on its own, but actually another free piece of a fully working GNU setup made of service by the GNU core libraries, terminal facilities and essential setup components completing a full OS.

Quite a few computer holders use a subspecies of the GNU setup daily, without knowing it. By a weird chance, the version of GNU installed now is often called Linux, and its holders have no knowledge that it is practically the GNU setup, created by the GNU Project.

There is in fact a Linux, and they are indeed using it, but it is but a portion of the setup they use. Linux serves as a core the part of the setup that distributes the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The core is a necessary part of an operating setup, but relies on the rest of the system; it is only operational in the shadow of a whole operating setup. Linux serves as normally installed in combination with the GNU operating setup the whole setup is practically GNU with Linux added on, or GNU/Linux. All of the Linux distros are really distros of GNU/Linux.

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/all/india
Unknown potentially just a bunch of dumbphones with opera mini.

>no money
except anyone can easily pirate windows

the real reason is that a higher percentage of indians are intelligent/educated enough to use linux

imagine trying to get your average american to do it....

>What you're calling Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux

No, fuckoff

if you were trying to get your average american to do it, there would have to be a point.

americans like points

I don't think "muh botnet" is gonna cut it, pajeet

>FSF website
That's not a source faggot. Most of them don't even own a PC.

trial version are practically free

EXT4 can potentially corrupt files with hard power loss too.

contrary to memes, Indians like technology, and they like passing along free (or pirated) educational materials.

i actually find it amusing how often people associate Windows with Pajeets. not saying there isn't any reason not to, but i don't know how blind people have to be to not see how many devs on various distros are Indians, or how many tutorials concerning Linux are made by Indians, etc.

Are you trying to imply that windows is not gratis?

Linux is used everywhere in India.

loonix

Can it only damage files you're working on at that time, or even crucial system files? I have read up on it and it seems to me that the power loss could only affect files which are renamed, copied or manipulated in some other way, because ext4 keeps the file in cache while allocating the space for it.

We can't afford macbooks.

Sup Forums BTFO

Linus Torvalds uses MacBook Air.

intel.malwaretech.com/WannaCrypt.html

That's true, thanks to Redmond, Punjab county.

>poo in the CPU

Amongst other macs

>200 times 0 is still 0

>that "..."
I'm 95% sure you're an indian. Source: hours on hours spent on troubleshooting my chinkshit xiaomi phone trudging through all the bullcrap you looniggers shit out onto your keyboard in the forums. Honestly I'm just gonna learn up on the chinese technological terms just to save my remaining neurons.

Many governments and cities in Europe have switched to Linux

>imagine trying to get your average american to do it....

The average American uses android...

Iirc government of Kerala(south Indian state) switched entirely to Linux and saved lots of money instead of licensing windows

On further research I'm also finding conflicting experiences on how ext4 handles power loss.

"The ext3/4 journal most certainly can be relied on to keep the filesystem in working order when pulling the plug. It does nothing however, for user data, so applications writing files at the time of the crash may corrupt their data unless they are careful."

Take it with a grain of salt. Other stories say otherwise.

>Link
itsfoss.com/open-source-kerala/

BASED!!!

It's futile thanks to Nadella.

Microsoft online services are free on Linux

Some indian women are hot as shit. As a pasty white male, what are my odds of bagging one of these brown beauties?

>bagging one
it's such a weird fetish, but what ever suits your fruits user
but i guess you could easily marry one in India, if her father sees how much money you have as a whitey

GNU/Linux has 2.48% of indian desktop PCs according to that.

US and UK , pretty good chance desu.

I'm in the same boat

I dated one. She and her friends had no problems with white guys. Just don't be a public embarrassment.

Your odds are slim in the long term though. She might be down with you but her parents likely won't be. Expect the arrangement to have an expiration date.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR!!!
HERE I AM IN FUNLAND BEING FORCED TO SUCC MICROCOCK!!!
WINDOWS 10 AND C# IN SCHOOL WTF?!!!

According to statcounter, Finland has one of the highest Linux desktop usages though.

That's a fucking lie
I live in India and people here use pirated window xp, 7 or 10 if that came with their laptops. Most people haven't ever heard of Linux

Good Lord you fucks will do ANYTHING to defame Linux. Even making up random facts

This. As british indian can confirm; indian chick will wanna bang as rebellion. Parents not so much

>Amerifat mad that his anti-India anti-Microsoft rants are based on lies
>proceeds to pretend to be Indian

Nice try Gringo

Ja na be madarchod, vishwas mat Kar, Mera kuch nahi ja raha

> Parents not so much
You make it look like it's still possible to persuade them.

depends on the parents to be honest. Mine are alright with white people, my cousin married a white person but you get people who really don't approve and actively raid interracial marriages in temples.

Holy kek. All this time we have had freetards talk about poo in the loo, it turns out they were the ones shitting on the streets! Linux BTFO!

> poo in the loo
> white sjw code artisans
Which side are you on?

The side with white people. They are SJW retards, but at least they are white.

That's retarded, poor people don't use free operating systems, they pirate Windows.

thats not how difamation works

Fake confirmed

> retards, but at least they are white
> waaah immigrants took my job!
You deserve it IMO.

Sounds _divine_ to me.

Immigrants don't deserve to work IMO. They deserve to be kicked out of my country and instead we make our own things.

You can't call it capitalism if you compete by kicking out all the competitors. Moreover, in the long term you won't be able to compete with the rest of the world if you do that.

Imagine the smell in that room...

That is exactly what capitalism is. The strongest survive, the ones that weren't kicked out. We also shouldn't care to compete with the rest of the world, we should just have our own pride. We are the only one with an amazing flag.

Well, ignorance is bliss. Congratulations.

Thanks. I am glad I won something today.

>facebook file name
Sup Forumsfags are really dumb or are they just pretending?

tfw no indian gf to use free software with

Nandita Das.
Also ask a poo in loo anything.
I have Debian, freebsd, gentoo, centos, redhat from company. I also have windows but for watching cricket.

Poor people in general tend to be communist and intelligent in their choice.A particular group of people doen't fit this use-case.

nobody (nobody) pays for software license in the 3rd world

Sup Forums me chutiyo ki kami nahi hai.

Soon this generation of parents will vanish.

higher iq comparitively
computer literacy
not easily brainwashed

This is good to hear

>the real reason is that a higher percentage of indians are intelligent/educated enough to use linux

t. pajeet who cries 'tfw 2 intelligent to live in a 1st world country, practice proper sanitation or poo in the loo' as he shits in the street

Because pajeets dominate the tech industry

White guys are going gay and using Macs

shiet those are some nice loos

>Implying windows=gratis

It's because Android runs the Linux kernel you dumb nigger

>microsoft pajeet shitting on non-microsoft pajeets

oooohhh so that's why they work in 7/11! it all makes sense now

POO

>except anyone can easily pirate windows

white people are demons

there are a shitton of people in india.

No faggot