Stallman is coming in a week to my university. What should I ask him

Stallman is coming in a week to my university. What should I ask him

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. Does he have a gf
2. Would he like one
3. Would it matter if she's a girl (male)

isnt he like a pedophile or something

Ask him if he ever tried Gentoo

Ha much dedicated amount wram needed for installing guntwo?

>ayy
Nope

What proprietary software would he use?

Ask halfway through the talk if he can hold it in spanish.

See, the problem is if it's too much of a meme it's going to be boring. You could ask him whether you should install gentoo, and he'd answer something along the lines of "gentoo is free software, so if it suits your needs go ahead provided you don't install proprietary packages".

It needs to be something that will provoke a meme response or else it's not worth it. Something that would make him chimp out or put him at a loss for words (and record it if you can), because if it's something where he's just going to give a funny answer it can just be asked by email.

>mfw he explicity said in the main site of the event that the lectures WILL be in english

Take care in advance and prepare a question including each one of these: gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

Also would be obscenely relevant to /g,/ as we'd either see, depending on the answer, mass suicides or mass emails begging to be his gf (male)

This

This actually. This might set him off on a lecture; the more wrong words you use and the better you trigger him the better. Record his response if at all possible, and post it here for copypasta purposes.

Ask him if the CIA NIGGER FAGGOTS are coming after him now that Terry is kill.

Where do babies came from?

Borrow a MacBook and sit extremely close to him. Ask a lot of questions abount Unix and talk about your Unix experience but say Linux every single time and see if he waits for you to finish or strangles you.

ask him if he ever installed gentoo

Ask him why he decided to use the acronym "Gentoo's Not Unix."

Ask him if using GPL compatible licenses with GPL projects is morally justified.

Yes

Ask him what he ate off of his foot a few months back. There's a vid where he's picking at his foot and then eats whatever he picked off

Ask him if his autism has at all helped him in his career

UFMG?

>gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

So you literally can't talk to the man. Gotcha.

Ask him if being the father of open-source is something he thought would be as full time a job as it is

Ask Stallman if he'll modify the MP3 section of that site now that the patent expired.

argie?

That's old as fuck.

UFPR hueuhehu

What university?

Ask him what does he think of malware written using free, open software.
Wha happened with terry now?

UFPR

A cia nigger got to him

>asks this

>gets thrown out of school

I would simply like to take your time for one bit. What you're alluding to as Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I've of late taken to calling it, GNU + Linux. Linux isn't an operating setup unto itself, but really another free section of a completely functioning GNU setup made practical by the GNU core libraries, shell facilities and necessary setup components completing a full OS as described by POSIX.

There are numerous users use a altered edition of the GNU setup daily, but do not know of it. By a particular series of events, the edition of GNU which is widely utilized now is often called Linux, and this userbase do not know that it is practically the GNU setup, produced by the GNU Project.

There is in fact a Linux, and this population do have it installed, but it is simply a part of the setup they use. Linux is a kernel: the part of the setup that distributes the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating setup, but relies on the rest of the system; it can only function in the structure of a whole operating setup. Linux is most commonly utilized in combination with the GNU operating setup: the whole setup is practically GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. Every one of the supposed Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>gnu software
>literally everywhere
i'm pretty sure the answer can be easily inferred

>Compensation
Oh. Ok.
So you're all fucking communists is that it?

>makes a thing once
>wants to be paid for it forever

ask him what linux distro he rocks.

ask him when hurd is going to be ready

Ask him why there aren't any methods that he'd approve of to do anything nearly as useful and interesting as JavaScript is doing right now

seconding this. also talk about how much you love web apps.

>expects to use my thing without paying me

Don't rush them. They have the right to do things at their own pace, it's not like anyone's paying them.

>“LAMP” stands for “Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP”—a common combination of software to use on a web server, except that “Linux” in this context really refers to the GNU/Linux system. So instead of “LAMP” it should be “GLAMP”: “GNU, Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.”
Jesus fuck. Torvalds was right.

>expects that after i pay him to use his thing that thing should still be his
>expects that in accordance with the thing still being his he should be able to later charge more people to use his thing even though actually the thing is mine because i paid for it

>makes some coreutils once
>expects to be given credit for linux forever

Ask whether Linux distros that don't contain any GNU utilities such as Alpine should still be called GNU/Linux.

Ask him if he's aware of Sup Forums

>accuses me of being rms
>is this delusional

Cut his fucking beard. He is ugly.

>patron saint of neckbeards
>cutting his beard

how the fuck do you expect to accomplish that with a question
do you seriously intend to formulate a question so severely beard-curly
that by virtue of you having asked that question,
the forces of nature themselves will curl his beard

Ask him if he would use Windows if it meant that 1,000,000 other people would switch to Linux

i mean cut, not curl
i misread the thing

U can ask him about Sup Forums
He posts here often as user

>the forces of nature themselves will curl his beard
curl -X "DELETE" beard

I'm just shitting on Stallman. I take any opportunity to siht on Stallman. If I could literally shit on Stallman, I would literally shit on him.

This.

Ask him what he thinks about TempleOS and Terry Davis

Hi Richie. When I replace my PC with Linux, will it be able to run the flash plugin so I can make internet calls on Facebook? How's the Skype support? I work for coca cola and managment need me to sort out a workers strike overseas. Also, I booked you a 5 star hotel room for your trip since I figured you wouldn't want to have to sleep on my couch. I really hate parrots, hygiene and the Green party.

Oh yeah ask him about Busybox/Linux

I don't expect from him nothing. He is an autist idiot who won't answer anything important just talk bullshit on the meaning of the words. He was totally awkward at LibrePlanet this year.

cool concept. Ask Stallman to cut his beard and offer using only free software and help spreading free software awareness.

Also ask what he had for breakfast

I think he's fine with Android being called Linux so he probably says he doesn't mind it.

>I don't expect from him nothing.
please explain how this has anything to do with what i asked you, which was how you expect something from YOU, not from him

>implying your single purchase covers the entire cost of development

>An uber is waiting for you outside, Richard!

"Netflix and chill?"

(Assuming he is ok with girlfriends(male), of course)

Yeah, I forgot that Stallman sues people for not giving him credit.
The lives and small companies he has ruined by this practice is mind boggling.

Nope. He is totally butthurt in naming Linux. Asked him on android with mail few months ago. Childish bullshit as usual, no matter if bionic, art and busybox/toybox isn't a GNU thing.
Well yeah, words can't cut. Luckily. :^)

>implying that just because it's a single purchase, it necessarily doesn't, no matter how much is being paid in that single instance
>implying there's no single flat price you could charge for a complete transfer of ownership of your software
>being so conceited you think your finite amount of work is worth infinite money

Seeing as he doesn't own the trademark for Linux, it doesn't matter what he thinks.

His opinion has never mattered, yet he keeps screaming about it.

His opinion should matter, so regardless of whether it actually does, it's justified that he keeps screaming about it.

Ask him why he uses the Internet when there's so much proprietary code he's using but doesn't know the extent of it.

>makes a thing once

Ask him

>What text editor do you use on linooks and why isn't it VIM?

and he should pivot by answering

>I'd like to interject for a moment........

Yup. That's what I said alright.

>makes a thing once
>wants other random autists to receive pay after his death

CAN'T YOU SEE HOW HORRIBLE THIS IS??

Ask him why he's still a virgin

kEk

He's no virgin...

Vaginas aren't free.

>The freedom to use the vagina as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0).
>The freedom to study how the vagina works, and change it so it does your intercourse as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the genetic code is a precondition for this.
>The freedom to redistribute molds so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
>The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the genetic code is a precondition for this.

ask him what is the best distro

>gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

>Photoshop
>Skype
>FOSS
>Open
>Software Industry

>Some are ambiguous or misleading; others presuppose a viewpoint that we disagree with, and we hope you disagree with it too
>WE HOPE YOU DISAGREE WITH IT TOO
>WE HOPE YOU DISAGREE WITH IT TOO

jesus fucking christ its worst than SJW

Legitimately good question, actually- I'm curious about his thoughts on mp3 now.

>not being more comfortable around people that disagree with the same things you disagree with
This planet belongs to the human race, get out alien scum.

Stallman is basically a vegetarian for software.

Worse: Stallman is a software vegan

>denying access to the users until some whale buys out the software on the basis of fanatical ideology
>implying the work is finite and will not receive updates indefinitely as it continues to be sold indefinitely
What if you lived in the real world and didn't just leech off of the government you worthless commie filth?

Ask him if he would eat a pizza ordered through nonfree javascript.

ask him what does he think about Bitcoin

He'll probably push Vorbis or Opus, but yeah.

>>denying access to the users until some whale buys out the software on the basis of fanatical ideology
>implying your software is actually worth so much that that would be how it would work
>>implying the work is finite and will not receive updates indefinitely as it continues to be sold indefinitely
>updates
>he """"""updates"""""" his code
>up
>dates

get out

and by the way:
>leech off of the government
speak for yourself, you probably don't even generate your own electricity

>posting on a propietary board

Ask a question to trigger his open source is not free software rant.

Don't refer to it as gnu + loonix

Ask him if he's in the mac camp or windows camp

Ask if he ever managed to use McDonald's wifi without non free java script.

Ask if he has ever accidentally used non free software & did he cry & shower afterwards

There are some bits of truth in the sea of autism however:

>Cloud Computing
>Consume
>Google (as a verb)
>Photoshop (as a verb)

Holy shit how I wish everyone would just shut the fuck up about cloud. And using brand names for common activities is basically acting as a good goy and giving the corporations free advertising/brand recognition (unless we reach the point where the trademark becomes genericized and lapses, but that's unlikely to happen).

> The term “WC” has been suggested for a computer running Windows.
kek