Just bought one for $150. What am I in for?

Just bought one for $150. What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/blackberry/comments/56dq83/current_app_recommendations_list_for_blackberry/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Relatively decent hardware that's crippled by the OS.

A final attempt to be competitive followed shortly by a lack of support and a myriad of outdated applications. Could be worse

That looks really awkward to hold and type on.

The 2007 experience

bump

A meme. Blackberry used to be a status symbol. it's iPhones now. Get with the times gramps.

are you retarded the keyone is sexier and with android

the og bb hub shits all over the android one senpai

a good time. Enjoy your great phone user

out of my price range nigga

its not 150 dollars

>WE NEED TO GO WIDER

I know it looks like that but its actually pretty comfy desu
especially with the capacitive keyboard and just holding the phone sideways and just casually scrolling for hours whether its clover or a book
as for typing as someone who got it a month ago I can reach up to 270 cpm with two hands and around 200-210 cpm single handed

no thats this

>not liking the superior aspect ratio

>great phone
t.manlet

this user is right.

the software is slowly becoming outdated now, but blackberry os was the most intuitive and one-handed-friendly phone os ever. they got so many things right that just made sense, like swiping up from the bottom to get to notifications, where your thumb already rests, rather than swiping down from the fucking top of the screen.

you can also sideload common android applications without a hitch, and battery life is tremendous. plus, once you've tried browsing with the wider screen, going back to one that's more vertically oriented will feel so cramped.

good job, op.

(you)

I used a BlackBerry Z30 till two weeks ago. I loved that device due to its nice OS. The Hub is perfect. My actual phone is a BlackBerry Dtek60. Not as userfriendly as the OS10.

Bumping again :^)

Thanks user
I like casual shilling threads like this

I'm using a Z30 right now. Great phone.

The best phone - hardware-wise - made in the 21st century.

The marketing and support side of things.....worst in history.

Good phone. Still using mine.

Play Zelda on it. It's perfect for emulators.

Which Android applications still work?

A beautiful device that is extremely efficient in regard to typing and getting shit done. Decent webkit-based browser. Compatible with Android apps up to 4.3 via the runtime, and what few BlackBerry native apps that are still maintained are really nice. Check out the blackberry subreddit for info on both native and android apps that still function nicely. There are surprisingly a good amount of them. I know, I know, reddit leddit blahblahblah, but those people are great at making huge lists.

here's the list of recommended apps from that subreddit if people are too lazy to google: reddit.com/r/blackberry/comments/56dq83/current_app_recommendations_list_for_blackberry/

it had my q10 tricked out with nearly everything i needed in no time.

Still using my BlackBerry Z30, I will weep on the day it finally dies.

I always liked bb10os, but I hated that they would always release new phones with previous gen hardware. Also the BB community is/was legit filled with cringy whiny faggots, and that made it hard to enjoy bb related forums, or to even to attempt to port/create apps for the devices.

If it's BBOS10 with the android runtime then any apk that doesn't use native code will work. Ones that need native code just crash. At it was that way with my bb classic.

never having sex again

Does Clover work on BBOS 10?

>What am I in for?
Buyer's Remorse.

Is APKPure safe? I would put that on my Android device.

>3 row keyboard

>What am I in for?
The default background for as long as you own the phone, or stretched, ugly backgrounds and tears of sadness.

>implying I ever had sex in the first place

And it has Swype commands

it does

I'd go for apk mirror but whatevs

you go to and lurk like a normal person

I have plenty of sex with my girlfriend. She lets me suck her dick and stuff

Ok hardware, locked down proprietary software with no alternative options. Should've bought a Nexus. It'll be pretty good if you only use your phone for maps, music, alarms, calls/texts, and light web browsing.

this. I hated how they released everything with a S4/S4 plus. I would say at least they went all in with the passport but the android runtime can't even take advantage of it
pic related, its the passport running cpu z

Whiplash injuries if you look from left to right too fast

A lot of sadness. Don't do that to yourself, BB has some great OS solutions that you can't find in Android (bedside mode, hub, generally gesture-based os navigation), and so you will struggle a lot after using it for a while when you finally realize how dead BBOS is. Not to mention pain of switching from physical keyboard to touchscreen one.

I had BB Q10 and i still feel a little bit clunky while using modern android z5c now.

can you remove that pos os and put native android or linux on it?

I'll use that then. Is it secure?

Underrated post kek

You can bash into it from an app, but yea it's secure.

its all apparently reviewed by the android police team

I've had one for two years. (Silver edition)

If you don't do gay shit and play games on it, and it's alright.

The battery life is great but never ever ever leave anything open, or it'll drain your battery. Restart it once a week as well.

Performance is alright. Nothing special.

Don't expect anything it doesn't come with to work right.
In-browser google docs is fucked because it doesn't see it as a desktop, and wants you to go download an app you can't get.

Oh and every 5 minutes somebody will comment on how girthy it is.

i want keyone with unlocked bootloader

Fuck, this is exactly what I wanted to post.

I almost want one just to have the Hidamari of phones.

Best phone made recently. I wish there was a way to remove the retarded decision they made with the UI and optimizations, but as is handles pretty much everything you could want but a few apps.

The best phone

One handing it takes some getting used to, but that's why it has rotation and a keyboard you can scroll with. One handed typing also takes some adjusting but two handed use is great.

>using a cellphone as a status symbol

>the keyone is sexier
Nope
>and with android
Dropped

Its only con

This does happen often. Many times people don't even ask what phone it is or even realize it is a phone, they say something along the lines of "What the hell is that?"

It has an app?

He was talking about the Passport you stupid dummy

There's so much potential for an open source operating system to be booted on business phones like this that's focused on simplicity and security

When did we start measuring typing speeds by characters per minute? This is the first I've seen someone use a measurement for typing speed other than wpm.

I have pic related running bb10 and it just werks. On top of having good audio support such as FLAC etc, the sideloading works for apps like Firefox. I've sideloaded a few games I got on humblebundle and everything works.