2 years
Gonna kill myself soon

Janitor
It's an internship of sorts
Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums
Rise up the corporate ladder through hard work and dedication

>SAP Consultant
>$100K/yr
>Digital Business Services (basically support)
>5 years
>find a new job on the hot topics to earn more money, might move to presales

>60581652
>Job
tutor
>Annual salary
$14/hr
>Department
my uni's math department
>Years worked
~1.5yrs
>Escape plan
graduate and get a real job

you're doing a terrible job if you really are a janitor

IT guy
IT
Making a game

>>Job
Software developer engineer
>>Annual salary
>>Department
Infrastructure
>>Years worked
9 months
>>Escape plan
Read CLRS, do leetcode problems, write software in Java, c++, python, and JavaScript in my spare time

t.Interesting file name

uh oh...

Senior Analyst
177k Sheqels
IT Security
4 Years
Marry and have children

>Flat roofer
>varies a lot, prob like 60-70k depending on how much I work and where, I make $25/hour right now, which will probably go up before the year is done
>roofing/production, something called "special projects" which was apparently a promotion but just feels like having to work in the middle of buttfuck no where in shitty living conditions for weeks/months on end
>going on 3 years now
>stack cash, invest in some sort of business depending on the market, how much cash I have and when, at least try to get out before Im 30, maybe 35

The money's aight, and I dont hate the work, its all the traveling and working out of town/living in shitty motels and camps that bugs me

You seems sad.
Accept it your life suck

>tfw not flat roofer

>Job
R&D Manager

>Salary
$75k+

>Department
R&D and a little software development.

>Years worked
6 years at current job.

>Escape plan
Intend to never leave.

Remove the shitskin pajeet.

Well, its not all bad I guess, I should have clarified, I'm only out for 21 days at a time then I get flown back and get a full week off (like Im on right now now), I can pay for all my bills n shit no problem, 3/4 of the time my company even pays all my living expenses, and where I go I cant spend money even if I want to, so saving is really easy. I also have a hot ass gf, which I guess is awesome, but I think she mostly likes the money and having a really easy living arrangement, who knows what she's doing for the 3+ weeks Im gone every month

I am sad that I no longer really fit in here anymore, but as I said, there is an escape plan that doesn't involve suicide

Best buy
Be let go due to reorganization

Manufacturing
CNC Operator
College for Nuclear Science

>c++ developer at a navigation software firm
>25k euro
>see above
>blow up the whole shit and join my cat in heaven

>Gonna kill myself soon
Buddy.

>Data Centre Support Engineer
>£23,000, soon to rise to £25,500
>1st Line Support
>Three and a half months (but ex-NEET agedfag; my boss is younger than me)
>Learn everything, be better at learning than anyone else, become hardware expert and get paid more, either at the same company or somewhere else

I'll probably have a CCNA in a little over a year! The company is paying for it too!

Senior software engineer
93k yuropoors
Verification and analysis
Finance maybe

>Marry and have children
That's not an scape plan at all... that's like cutting your legs off while living in the 6th floor and no elevator...

Fleet rental coordinator for large heavy equipment dealer.
48k+ bonuses
2nd year next month
Don't want to leave, I get to learn new jokes union/skilled labor dudebros, travel to remote locations occasionally and play with construction equipment everyday.

>job
Geeksquad repair agent
>Annual salary
I'm part time so it's hard to say because it depends on my hours but somewhere around 20k
>Years worked
~1
>Escape plan
Get my bachelor's in networking and cyber security in a little over a year and find something better

>QA Analyst
>$40k
> IT (specifically on the Warehouse Management System project)
>3 years in June (been working here since college)
>teach myself programming and get a junior developer job

This

Prepare your anus for DIVORCE RAPE

Save your shekels and skip marriage.

>Software developer
>~$35k USD
>Literally the only software dev here. Mostly do Java+Spring
>2 years
>Bail to Yugopatamia

>Job
Network Engineer
>Annual salary
Equivalent to something like $50k pre-tax
>Department
USAF
>Years worked
>Escape plan
If I make SSgt this year: Extend my enlistment to date of promotion
If I don't: Palace Chase back home and slide into a GS job.

>Job
Full Stack Engineer
>Annual salary
$75k + 6% equity
>Department
Education Startup
>Years worked
Here? 6 months. Total? Few years.
>Escape plan
FIRE within 10 years I guess

Associate Sales Engineer
$50k
Automated Testing Solutions
Get promoted to Sales Engineer and immediately get a pay bump to $100k

>Job
Embedded Linux developer
>Annual salary
42K€
>Department
R&D
>Years worked
>Escape plan
None

>job
web apprentice
>annual salary
~£6-7k
>Department
Web team
>Years worked
Coming up to 1 year
>Escape plan
If I ever get over my camera shyness I intend to become an edgy political YouTube celeb (sorta like MW) on the side until it pays enough to live on (so probably never).

>Job
Graphic designer
>Annual salary
$40k
>Department
It's a small agency
>Years worked
3 weeks
>Escape plan
Quit whenever I feel like finding a different job

Structural design engineer
£40k
Structural engineering
Kill myself

It's base 64 but I can't be asked to work out what it is. Anybody want to humor my lazy ass?

You should make twice that, are you working in Serbia?

> job
Software Engineer
> Annual Salary
528k PLN
> Department
Erlang/Operations
> Years worked
Four? Five?
> Escape plan
Get fired. Like everyone else has.

>Job
Assistant sysadmin
>Annual Salary
>Years worked
3 weeks now
>Escape plan
Git good and then negotiate a better salary or find a dev job because that was my degree.

Industrial engineering proyects intern
Dunno exactly in USD but like $20k
Engineering projects on a metamechanic company
About 1.5
Graduate, already have sone other offering and opportunities, but need the career diploma

>IT Manager
>$71k/yr
>Mid-sized college
>5
>Finish my Masters someday and then eject the fuck out of here.

>14k

That better not be USD because what the fuck.

USD

probation + out of the way country + fresh uni graduate with no experience = soykaf

Airport retail
$9 an hour plus %1 commission
6 months
Wait for my new ID for airport support services job ($15.52 an hour) and keep doing that while I get my Bachelors

navy nuke
$25.1k/yr, gross without housing and food allowances (e4)
rc
get my reenlistment $$ (hopefully close to 80k), and get out in 2023, get them to pay for the rest of my degree, and move out of the country.

Software developer
300k roubles a year
Software department (lolz)
1 year next month, it's a part time job while I'm in uni
Learn some more machine learning, become a data scientist (or whatever's "in" right now) and be rich

>Business Data Analyst
> €50,000
>IT, but liasing mostly with Marketing
>8 months in this position, 4 years in the field
>Looking to migrate towards more Data Science roles.

why isnt this thread on /biz/ instead?

>>Job
Full stack developer
>>Annual salary
$32K
>>Department
IT
>>Years worked
2 months
>>Escape plan
Four more months until I start applying to other companies. I fully expect to double my salary this winter

Thanks mr.welfare

?

>a 32k/year full stack developer

lmao

average web dev salary is 60k. You're getting REKT

he's probably in a low COL area

edge-G

Navy nukes are a hella cost savings for the government.
It would cost a fuckton to pay a civilian for the same work.

Software Developer
Small EHR company
About 8 months
Learn TensorFlow and other meme skills

>implying government contractors aren't welfare queens too

Janitor
$35k
State university
10 years
Death

Maybe. Uniformed personnel aren't by any means.
The real welfare queens are the ones cutting insane contracts with the DoD.

Combine buttering up the contracting officer with a *retarded* budget system, with a general lack of accountability, and you get shit like my workcenter: $2M spent on a "data wall" that people only look at for the clock, and yet somehow stuck with 8 year old Athlon X2s under our desks.

Oh yeah, the way the budget works is basically that if your unit doesn't spend earmarked dollars, your budget gets cut next year. So you obviously have units buying retarded shit like pallets of 70" TVs to hang in the foyer.

I'm not a business/finance guy, and I can't tell you how to fix it, but I can tell you that we're spending tons of money just because we "have" to.

Website QA analyst
1.5 years
Nah I'm good. Maybe trade up in 6 months if I don't get a good raise

>embedded software programmer (microcontrollers)
>a little over 45k USD
>engineering I guess, it's a small company that makes a niche device so there's only one engineering department
>almost 1 year (this is my first real job)
>become 1337 with OS level programming and go to some other company that needs low level programmers

anyone got tips for what I should be studying to get into more advanced, better paying low level software jobs? I am making my own hobby OS as a side project for muh portfolio, but I feel like it isn't really relevant to what most companies are doing.

>>Job
Walmart customer service
>>Annual salary
20k after taxes
>>Years worked
>>Escape plan
Idk I just got my ged looking to get into IT or programming anybody can recommend me a route out of this hell?

I'm in the lowest COL major city in the country and don't have a CS degree. I just took the first job I could to get experience

I know I'm getting rekt financially but I'll be fine after I have more experience

Nothing
Handouts
1 1/2 Years
Learning programming, going to hack-a-thon's/meetup's, updating my github, and all that other shit was a total meme. I think I'm going to just fuck it and relapse soon. I'll either get confidence after I wreck my relationships and land an okay gig, or I'll murder someone in a blackout and end up in state prison for the rest of my life . Probably both.

Nurse
Critical Care
Anesthesia to double my salary. Applying this year.

>node & react dev
>45k
>clickbait / tabloid journalism
>1 year
escape plan is to quit once I reach 1.5 yrs and try to develop my own product. I've saved up a fair bit and im only staying around at this point so my resume doesn't portray me as a filthy job hopping millennial

>go to Sup Forums
>average salary is about $55k even with years of experience

>go to /r/cscareerquestions
>average salary is about $120k fresh out of college

Is Sup Forums too intelligent to have a good job?

analyst for grants
6 mo experience

constantly interviewing for roles around 60-70k. trying to get into a patent analyst role for medical devices/biotech... then maybe take the patent bar for that cool 160k job

Software Engineer
0 Years (Just graduated)
Probably just keep working and get a higher paying job within the next year.

reddit is a circlejerk #1 where everyone is the best coder working for the best company doing the best things

also i imagine there's bias from people that are taking silicon valley and other northwest jobs. 120k in silicon valley is prob around 70-80k in other places after COL adjustment. i would say 50-70k is normal entry level salary for IT/CS/analyst roles in "normal" metro areas

>$120k fresh out of college
[citation needed]

But I have a few things which could answer your question. First could be location. 100k in SF/Silicon Valley is honestly isn't going to be too much different than 60k in the middle of bumfuck nowhere after you factor in rent and just the higher cost of living.

Second of all, a bet of lot of Sup Forums are unsociable autists. They probably got some job right out of college for what was already a pretty mediocre pay, then instead of changing companies for higher pay they actually stick with them because they don't want to search for a new job.

Virgin fags detected

English/Math Tutor
Traineeships/Apprenticeships at an IT training company (UK)
6 months
Finish my Masters, go do a PhD

Searching for Employment
0$
N/A
N/A
Suicide

i mean let's face it you don't have to be a fucking social savant to become a pajeet manager and make 100-150k for pretending to do things either. the ones I know are all indian and hardly even speak english. luckily I'm not an actual developer so I don't have to work under them...

>Job
DevOps
>Annual salary
>Department
Development
>Years worked
>Escape plan
Nothing unless I can think of some software to make that can make be a bunch of money.

So I just ran the numbers on /r/cscareerquestions' survey, and the averaged the self reported "total compensation". That includes base pay, 401k, stock options, healthcare, etc.

After filtering outlyers (there were ~10 people claiming they made below $1000, and a number of people claiming shit like $660k), the average came out to $96.4k.

So no, definitely not "$120k" fresh out of college. A google search for average software engineer salary reveals a range from $80k-$95k, so while the results seem a little inflated, they're not that far out of line. Also, this spans people from all stages in their careers, so we're getting senior developers in with fresh college grads.

Additionally, CS is one of the highest paying fields in the world, and that subreddit is specifically dedicated to that. Sup Forums is a much wider sample of all sorts of IT jobs, and many non-computer jobs.

And finally, people on Reddit have more a propensity to lie because you have a name attached to your posts.

>tl;dr: average /r/cscareerquestions salary is 96k, only focuses on CS; Sup Forums encompasses a much wider sample and has less incentive to inflate

Well done! Not much but have a parakeet for your efforts.

>Job
Cryptotrader and IT dude at a company
>Annual salary
24k at 30 hours a week
>Department
IT
>Years worked
2 months
>Escape plan
wait 5 years until my crypto portfolio reaches 200k and live off selling coins as i need them, while they keep growing in value

Thanks m8, I believe that you need good numbers to really tell what's going on.

pls post more birb

"total compensation" is such a scam number in a dick waving contest (but good to have for negotiating purposes). i bet my "total compensation" at my current job is 20k over what i make

t. /biz/

captcha solver
80$
2captcha.com
become programmer

>working for $0.50/hr of constant typing
What the fuck. Where do you live and why don't you do dictation instead?

Summer Software Intern
$21.30/hr (in Midwest)
1 week

Stops in August

>Job
Programmer
>Annual salary
50K USD
>Department
IT
>Years worked
>Escape plan
Unfortunately I don't program that much at my job so I have to keep up on personal time with projects and leet code.

This thread seems to be way more honest than any shit on /r/cscareeerquestions. Place is filled with soon-to-be grads and post grads. Most bullshit while the others believe it is their life's purpose to be in the big 4 or a hip, new start up with too much VC money.
The great thing is there is a reason why people who make it to those jobs earn that money: cost of living and shit life style.

It can make a pretty big difference. In my case:
My "base pay" is like $24k/yr. I happen to get an untaxed $360/mo and $1150/mo housing allowance (military). To take home same money from just a normal gross pay job, I'd probably have to make something like $50k.

I also get some hella good benefits, like absolutely free medical care (also for my wife/kids if they existed), and a killer pension. I also get $4500/yr to use for education

Then you also gotta factor in the CoL in different places. Too bad there's not just a "standard adjusted salary" formula.

Part time IT guy
IT
4 months
Back to full time college if shit hits the fan

it security
it security
when i want to leave, i simply pick a place i want to live and where i want to work

what do you mean with dictation?

>Job
NEET
>Annual salary
>Department
my room
>Years worked
6 months across three minimum wage jobs
>Escape plan
kill myself

>>Job
Process Engineer
>>Annual salary
$81,000
>>Department
Agrochemicals company
>>Years worked
6 months
>>Escape plan
Get hired directly by the company so I don't have to be a contractor anymore. Stay a year or two until I'm making $100k. Don't have children.

it's md5 you fucking idiot

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that reddit ties a username to your posts.

>cost of living and shit life style
Also this. 100k isn't as impressive when over half of it goes to rent and you're working 80 hours a week.

>Grocery store slave
>~$20,000 CAD
>Produce department
>Death

Forgot to mention 2 years worked

Job
>Web 'Developer'
>36k
>Almost one year
>I will literally run away. Pack my bags, get my money and hit the road by hitchhiking, maybe try to go to a bigger city or whatever.

>Job
Sup Forums marketing profile builder
>Annual salary
5 rupees per response
>Department
Sup Forums
>Years worked
>Escape plan
This job is great. I love it here very much. Of course you know that. ;P

Line Cook
$40K CAD
Back of House :^)
6 years
None, I love the kitchen life

>Job
Software Developer, Web Dev to be specific
>Annual salary
>Department
R&D
>Years worked
>Escape plan
Make videogames in my free time and become rich.

>60581652
>Job
Electrician
>Annual salary
$67 AUD per hour. Roughly 140k a year
>Department
Longwall mining at an underground coal mine
>Years worked
5 including apprenticeship
>Escape plan
Gonna sell a house and hopefully make enough money from the sale to pay off most if the house I'm in. Also going to study personal training with the wife and do that for a while while studying towards a bachelor in cyber security.

henlo birb