AMD RX460

was after a cheap upgrade to my nvidia 610gt..bought this on a whim cuz its cheap..should i have gone different?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TuJZ1hbBV4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes don't buy pajeet garbage.

Get a 1070 or something u faggetio poor fag

I hope you don't emulate.

Yes, a GTX 1050 is better.

Depends on what you use it for. I got one really cheap for my eGPU and it runs pretty well. If you can handle low-med settings in vidya, it'll play triple a all day.

i dont gayme just want somethin better than i have

nope...i dont

how much better?

i run 3 monitors,dont play games,mainly normie coding shit and pent testing..im a total gaymin virgin

It's not too bad, pretty decent upgrade and not too far behind midtier cards. You could've gotten a 1050ti but it's more expensive too.

not for vidya..but as ive said in other post just wanted sumthin better than i have.

Is it really? Honest question I have neither, but both seem good to stick in a htpc. Will I be missing out on anything choosing the me over the other?

*me=one

Depends on the game. RX 460 will typically perform better in DX12 games. You're just getting memed by anti-AMD shills that are constantly trolling this board. youtube.com/watch?v=TuJZ1hbBV4I

>not for vidya
then it's overkill. It can easily run e-sports tier games on ultra 1080p and AAA at med 1080p
If it's just for media consumption it will decode 4K no problem

im not a fanboy of any so im a blank canvass in respect to choosing hardware,if i do play vidya its oldschool point and click shit...not very gpu intensive gaymin

>nice get
ah, gotcha. it's good for three monitors but i'd have suggested a 560 just because i think it can run 5 if you decided to add more for whatever reason.

i personally use one (XFX RX 460 4gb) with three monitors now and it works great.

for £80 its a bargain then in my eyes..i do some minimal adobe afte effects stuff,the usual..my whole rig is overkill for what i do but meh.

ASUS Dual heatsink is shit. I experience colorful hangs on RX480 form them. Will apply a liquid metal soon.

i think 3 is plenty for me,i have a tablet hooked up above monitors for audio stuff and normie kodi shite,the monitors are the visual real estate.

if you got a good deal and you're not really worried about performance you're set my dude.

thanks Anons...most appreciated

youtube.com/watch?v=TuJZ1hbBV4I

I'm pretty sure every asus amd cooler is shit. My strix 390x die only touches the center heatpipe and half of the one on either side of it.

Sup Forums is home to many poor AMD shills and satisfied nVidia customers. Choose your path.

If that's the case then you're fine. 1050 runs cooler and faster, but only has proprietary blobs in linux. For a programmer, AMD is the better choice.

Why are you such a mentally damaged piece of raw human garbage?

Just unlock them extra shaders.

1050 it's slower all around than the 460, stop shilling
And if you want to code graphics shit on Linux then you're better of with Nvidia, their drivers are still less broken than AMDGPU-PRO

mesa is fine. Why would you use proprietary?

How much better is a GT 1030 (passive cooling) compared to a GTX 750?
How much weaker is it to a Gtx 1050, how about a 1080?

Oh and how much can a really old Intel q9650 cpu handle?

no, buying something BEFORE asking or doing research was the obvious right choice! good job, user!

750 < 1030 < 750ti
It ain't anything spectacular but considering its 30w and fairly cheap, its great for putting some life in old PC's

Really? I have a 750 Ti from Gigabyte I could buy for 60$ or another one 72$ from Asus.
But I don't know if an E or even a Q could handle it.
Plus the noise.

You need ones to begin with.

Bump

Bbbbb

it will certenly be more future proof than anything nvidia has to offer..

only if you didn't get the XFX one

Not OP, but how bad could an RX 460 be for emulating? Some games in Dolphin can be emulated at their full speeds with the latest intel iGPUs.

I have a 4670k only and I've never had a problem. Maybe at higher resolutions. I've heard AMD isn't particularly good because their opengl implementation is very poor and buggy, with similar bugs in vulkan, so you'd need to use dx in windows and mesa in linux.

I've heard that their FX Bulldozer series stuff was bad for emulation, but I've never heard anything negative about their GPUs, which according to Dolphin's on FAQ is pretty on par with Nvidia.

That's what I've heard, obviously I can't confirm it, but for your consideration.

Not very good bang for buck but if you don't need more power it's alright. I've got a 470.

>htpc
You can play 4k60 smoothly on a shitty intel IGPU.

should have got a 1050

80 quid is pocket change so no hardship if it sucks ass

Damn, that shroud looks like the ones they put on shitty chink cards.

OP here,1050 cheapest ive seen new is £30 dearer than the 460 is that price increase vastly justified or you nvidya shills just fanboyin?

As another user told you, RX 460 performs better depending on the game, otherwise they'll work exactly the same. You said you weren't playing any videogames besides old point and click stuff, literally anything would basically work for you.