Thoughts on Codecademy?

Thoughts on Codecademy?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/KfTZ7wtoPZOO_pythoncrashcourse.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit tier wrote learning for pajeets

Currently "learning" python on it. I do not like it that much, considering just reading it out of a book.

it's good if you want to get familiar with the syntax but you should be learning from other places as well

>PooJeetAcademy

shit for retards that thinks they can learn to programm by memorizing some syntax

yeah and you think you can learn to program by being an elitist prick despite being only marginally more proficient than those you insult
>b-b-but muhhh CLRS!
log out

I'm afraid introductory data structure textbooks don't make you much better than a poojeet either

Good for an intro of general programming for a complete starter to get an idea of exactly what you can do, and how to do it for a language.

It doesn't teach you a language, and gets your started to go on at teach yourself a language

Elitist

webdev and ranjeet production facility

Useless for anything except initial exposure to programming, but looking back it really wasn't even good for that, I'd have been better off using a superior resource/tutorial. It won't teach you shit about programming, in fact it is actively detrimental in that instead of teaching you critical thinking and trying to find solutions, it forces you to just plug in exactly what they want or else you can't proceed to other lessons. For example, you understand a concept and use it to get the desired outcome, but it's still marked wrong because you put an extra space somewhere or you didn't name the variable exactly what they told you
to name it. Also it's buggy as fuck. I'd give it a solid 3/10, its useless for anyone except retards and trendy people who want to learn (((coding)))

yeah as people have said its primarily for pajeets

Sir I do not understand this it does not work. Please explain this to me dear teacher thank you sir

Worthless shitskins.

pajeet learns how to program so he can be employable

neckbeards on Sup Forums program so they can start arguments about which programming languages are better

post some good sites to learn

Just read the fucking source code. Then write 10k lines of code based on that

Their python course is pretty good. Everything else there is mediocre.

Code academy is a waste of time. Just watch youtube/read a book and download an IDE and start coding yourself. The best way to learn is to actually make something instead of following retarded instructions from code academy,

asian looks cute doe

a.uguu.se/KfTZ7wtoPZOO_pythoncrashcourse.pdf

I used codecademy to learn programming like 4ish years ago. I did the javascript course, and before they started doing the "premium" bullshit, so it was all free lessons. I felt I learned a lotof useful stuff as an absolute beginner, The basics like control flow, operations, general C based {} syntaxes, data types. It is worth noting that I do not remember any of the actual javascript parts. Now that you have to pay for all of the good lessons and exercises, it's not even valuable as a jumpling off point IMO. I leaned C in like two weeks by just installing mingw and a text editor and following along the gnu C reference manual, and I actually retained it.

>Useless for anything except initial exposure to programming
That's the idea.

Yes, it might be more ideal but trying to understand the underlying reasons why everything works and program anything in C but that's overwhelming and it just ends up doing more harm than good. If you try to do it all in the absolute most ideal way you'll drive yourself insane.

Got me started
Good way to dip your foot in the water

thank you

script kiddie bullshit.
There are books out there for people who actually want to learn.

only good for dipping your feet into it otherwise is shit. you learn how to write pajeet code by only memorising syntax.
you're better off learning from a book.