World Wide P2P internet

Has anyone considered, Do we really need ISP's anymore ?

Wifi adapters can now send and receive up to and possible passed 10km.

A P2P internet across the world. with no ISP's. understandable some place would still require ISP's when really thinking about it. I am unsure, If we could cover most users that currently uses the internet via an ISP,

it would need a lot of users to take it out for it even to get off the drawing board but that's not the question i am asking,

What do you think of it ?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnunet.org/cadet
youtube.com/watch?v=OnSVfs6feHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fTTno8D-b2E
youtube.com/watch?v=FFPjJM6yYS8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freifunk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine if some idiot got a virus that managed to spread through a P2P network.
Next.

Imagine that wi****ws10 use p2p 4 updates.
bump 4 CADET
gnunet.org/cadet

Are you versed in technical jargon? Research a bit on GNUnet, their plan is to replace the current web with something more decentralized. Sadly their first goal is just filesharing when they should be focusing in other services.

it would be impossible to create an infrastructure even remotely similar to our commercial internet
i mean as long as you don´t want to do anything too grand you can have your wwp2pinternet
but you will not get past the pond with it

wouldn't work, because uptime is not guarranteed - electricity isn't free after all, and also the latency would be killer since not everyone will have the best networking hardware
he's talking about an entire new network, a new internet, not running an invisible p2p on top of the current internet infrastructure

>on top of the current internet infrastructure
read

Again, read about the GNUnet project if you are versed on technical jargon. IT IS what OP asked, even if the hardware part is not completely covered this new internet needs a communication protocol.

Facebook lets me stay in touch with all my friends. It's lets me store an unlimited amount of photos and videos. They'll give me an app to do this on my phone where I can also view my private groups and events. There's a job board and an classified section that I can post to. I can even get restaurant reviews. This is all for free and I've never been asked to pay but now I'm a product. I'm a like victim, really, if you think about about. That's the narrative.

Look man. This is a value exchange. Sure if you don't understand the concept of a value exchange well shit man, your adolescence is over and it time to grow up. Is this something that really needs to be explained to people? Apps provide a commoditized service that the market will not pay for so in exchange they collect data to sell to advertisers. You know you're a “product” if you watch regaulr ol' TV, right? Those have targeted ads, too. We're not blowing the lid off of anything here. This is nothing new.

What is the Mesh?

>millenials try to prove any point with random shitty OP

I've thought about ordering a bunch of ESP8266s and trying to make them daisy-chainable somehow, but this seems like a pretty overwhelming project. There are a bunch of libraries available for it though, probably should just learn C and get on with it..

>implying governments wouldnt just jam the signal
>implying there would be anyone using it in 300 miles squared
>implying anyone trying to get in wouldnt just give up for being too hard to setup

check out cnlohr on youtube, does a bunch of stuff with stuff and other programming projects.

Like, OP, I'm not trying to be a dick, but, have you taken any basic networking class?
This would never work.

Works in Cuba. Argument discarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=OnSVfs6feHQ

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.
>implying we should stay idle.

youtube.com/watch?v=fTTno8D-b2E

Step 1. Agree between your users to share a connection.
Step 2. Agree in which mesh network software to use.
Step 3. Buy required hardware to share connections (ehternet cables or wifi routers)
Step 4. Have technicians available to do the connection.
Step 5. Get access to content to regular internet and distribute it to your pairs.
Step 6. Get more users.

What is your excuse for not doing this?

> for typical Internet-usage our system provides much better connectivity and security with comparable performance to TCP/IP
Wait do they mean you can have this sort of ad-hoc wifi network right now at usable browsing speeds?

>youtube.com/watch?v=fTTno8D-b2E
wrong link, this is the proper link youtube.com/watch?v=FFPjJM6yYS8

Seriously, why isn't this more used?

I want to use ipfs with that

>ipfs
insecure trash

How do you get past oceans with just 10km?

ITT the exact same reason why freetards are unable to comprehend the 1%

I too am just an ordinary teenager like you who is cool enough to see thru the "narrative" and realize that Mark Zuckerberg, besides being damned handsome, really does have my best interests at heart.

IPFS will rope together all the means that connect us.

>past oceans
HAHAHA good joke why would i want to get "past" it
what would the edge of the world need internet for?

Then it's not across the world

because it requires people to participate on a scale bigger than just "i is install this dodat"
and somehow has to bother to create it
you can go on and start but you won´t for the same reason noone else has yet

the only reason it's not viable is because the unlicensed bands are so limited
if there was more freedom to use any radio signal, there wouldn't be an issue

but there isn't

i do admit that it isn´t across the world
it is across the world - oceans

Stop shilling your honeypot, is not going to happen

Wrong reply?

Lets do this shit.

What is the easiest setup to start small? Are a couple of modified routers enough? What software will make a short range mesh happen?

It already works with cjdns, all that's left is i2p support and performance improvements.

>Worldwide
Fucking retard

>can scale
Fucking retard

These kind of projects already exist. Mesh networks. They'll probably grow as tech get better and latency becomes less of an issue, but I suspect it'll be pockets of mesh networks, connected through the net.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freifunk

I watch Silicon Valley too :^)

>Wifi adapters can now send and receive up to and possible passed 10km.

Would need line of sight and a pretty goot s/n ratio.
I tested a lot of modulation schemes,and the only one that got past 5 miles at a legal output power was a 100mW LoRa modem. It was below 100 bps though lol.

You could theoretically get several hundred miles of range with a high altitude repeater (balloons and shit).

>radiofrequency networks
>good
>reliable

My god stfu you autist. Microtrench + optic fiber or go home.

fuck off

Nobody is going to join for ideological reasons, maybe turn on the router and leave it open for new connections, if a person type any address, they get redirected to your site, with information that is useful for your folks. Learn to configure a firewall just in case some evil fuck live close to you.

You could relatively easily build a chat and small file exchange rf-based network,but that's it.

I think some niggers already experimented with fldigi but I can't find the article right now.

Sounds like a botnet

Oh boy 100,000ms ping sounds great.

Despite what mr. FBI/NSA here says, I think an internet like this would be much more reliable and secure.

what is encryption