Can We Get a Monitor General?

What are some Sup Forums-approved monitors?
Is there a list anywhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-l27q-20-27-ips-lcd-hd-monitor-silver/5855609.p?skuId=5855609
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B17C5KO/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1495769280&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=4k 27 inch monitor
news.samsung.com/global/what-is-rgbw-tv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good question, I wonder that sometimes too but I've never actually found a list. maybe try asking in >>>/sqt/? Either way, I like this thread. I needed a monitor for a while now. can't even see what I'm typing without one. Maybe I should get my brother one, too. Jesse's just been using his phone to emulate one for a while cause his dekstop doesn't have a grafix card or something. IDK, he can't figure it out. maybe you could help me figure that out for him, you probably know more about it than us. Anyways, I gotta go now, let me know if you find any good monitors or maybe a nice TV that could work for getting better FPS's.

aoc u3477pqu

logicalincrements.com/monitors

>Bought a cheap asus ips monitor
>some shitty low blue light feature
>gimmick vivid pixel useless shit
>trash speakers
>color temperature presets named warm,cool,standard instead of something normal like 6500k or whatever

I understand its cheap but why all the useless shit if its cheap

Sounds like the VC239H I bought. Not bad for $220 CDN, would fall for the meme again.

yeah it is, would buy again aswell, still better than my gayman benq 144hz tn one

Dell S2716DG user here

Seems like an ok monitor, 27 inches is maybe too big for 1440p though - only looks as nice as my older smaller 1080p screens just bigger

Got two of those.

>Unicomp

What's it like having a computer fedora?

VS239H-P Bro here, sounds like my monitor to a tee. I would definitely buy it again though it was only 130 USD.

I'm looking for a decent entry level 1440p monitor and right now the Dell U2515H looks like the best choice, but what other alternatives in that price range do I have? I don't care about gaymen stuff, just accurate colors for photography and video work.

And what multi monitor setup do you prefer? Right now I have two monitors in landscape but I'm looking at getting one in portrait and one in landscape, but it's hard to find non-16:9 monitors that can rotate to portrait mode.

Comfy.

>U2515H

I have the asus version of that monitor. Uses the same IPS panel.

PB258Q

can anyone report on the 240hz meme?

has anyone interpolated anime/anything to 240fps with it?

is the input lag reduction perceivable at all?

will it carry me from diamond 4 to challenger in league?

Looking for a new monitor, not sure which size, 24" seems okay, but 27" might be nice. I sit about 2ft away, might have to check that.

Is my monitor Sup Forums approved?

I just bought that a few days ago actually. I'm still getting used to it but i'm really loving how sweet it looks. I'm waiting for the weekend to get a long gaming session on.

This monitor seems to dumb just beacuse it's so wide and not curved.
I don't care for the curved monitor meme, but it does make sense, if you buy into the white monitor meme.

>the X meme
>the Y meme

Stop fucking saying this shit you insufferable cunts. Just fuck off.

Seen the jump from 60 to 144 and its brutal.

From 144 to 240 someone who was used to 144 said there's a noticeable jump, with some disminishing returns from that other jump. Don't know really since I don't have it, but if you play a lot you might notice it enough.

It is curved.

I don't get the ultrawide crap, it's inferior to dual monitors in every way unless you only care about muh immersive ~gaming experiences~

Good thing like 90% of high end builds on Sup Forums are for gaming.

>mfw fell for the meme meme

Why would you want a gap in between your screens?

Weird, I thought I was on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums

Because I don't have autism and use my PC for more things than video games so I don't need to sacrifice screen real estate just to not trigger a mental illness

That's only valid for gaming.

I've legit never seen a 120hz screen and I'm glad I have not, 60 still looks great to me and I have a hard time reaching that high in fps for a few recent games, and my right is very recent.

Ignorance truly is bliss when it comes to computer visuals.

Ultrawide gaming looks fantastic, but i'm concerned how 4x/RTS/etc games look on it not to mention incompatibility.

Incidentally, are 29" ultra wide vertically equivalent to 24 or 22" displays?

DON'T GET 25" 1440P

I have a 27" 1440p monitor and I sit about 2-3 feet away, but when I slouch back a bit past 3 feet things get too small and hard to read

25" would definitely be way too small

go to the store and test them yourself

Good cheap 144hz?

I play strategy games on my ultra wide all the time. It's almost cheating in multiplayer because I can see so much farther.

What else do you use your PC for?

Lightroom, Premiere and Ableton Live, mainly.

>DON'T GET 25" 1440P
>has never owned a 25" 1440p and has no real basis for his opinion

I've been using one for 2 years, what's the problem...? I sit 2-3 feet back as well and never have issues.

My mom is bringing over an Eizo L557 when she's visiting me in June. It's not a 1600x1200, but I miss having a 4:3 monitor, so it will have to do for now. Sucks that Eizo's new 4:3 monitors are so expensive.

ITT: IPSlets vs TNlets.

>Broke 35 year old virgin checking in

Kek

High DPI is really disgusting honestly. It feels weird to not be able to see the individual pixels, you just don't know what you're doing then.

>you just don't know what you're doing then
....what did he mean by this?

Sorry boys, this monitor is for men.

I have a U2515H and a U2414H. Both are great but differing sizes and resolutions is cumbersome and annoying.

I'm looking to upgrade and i'm unsure if I should
>Get another U2515H and get rid of U2414H
>Get a different 27" 1440p monitor
>ditch both and get 1 or 2 4k monitors

The main reason I am leaning towards not getting another 2515H is that it doesn't have freesync/Gsync at all; plus 4k seems cool. Is there a list of upcoming monitors at all?

Why on Earth would you get two 4k monitors

while 4k does have a shit ton of pixels, it's nice having a secondary monitor for a different window like browser/discord/document.

May nigga

This monitor is the sexiest one I've ever seen.

>tfw eyelet
>need to use 27" 1080p

So you know that feature where you can snap a window to one side of the screen?

Is 1440p the best resolution for that? Especially at 100% scaling. Its almost usable in 1080p but not quite good enough.

Have two 16:10 monitors, looking at getting a 21:9 ultrawide.

Question is, which is the proper way to orient them with a three arm VESA mount?

Only one of these is correct.

>looking at getting a 21:9 ultrawide

Maybe D since you would already have a lot of horizontal realestate

Samefag, so this is true then

I also have two of those.

What's it like trying to fit in so hard that you call out everyone who you do not perceive as ""normal""?

How do you like it? I was thinking about getting one, but I heard Asus' customer support is even worse than Dell's, so I didn't wanna chance getting a problem with it.

They've been good for the year i've had them, no issues.

That being said, i got 3 year warranty from newegg with them. So i wouldnt have to deal with asus if it came down to it.

superlux hd668b?

Is this a good deal. I can get it for $270

bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-l27q-20-27-ips-lcd-hd-monitor-silver/5855609.p?skuId=5855609

wanting to get a dell u2515h. someone talk me out of it with a 1440p monitor. want ips, dont care if its only 60hz though,

>60 hertz
>4ms

no.

Does that really make a difference?

having a 4:3 and widescreen monitor for a dual screen setup is great.

i hate browsing Sup Forums on a widescreen monitor so i basically use the 4:3 monitor for web browsing

this is the ideal 4chans monitor

He probably doesn't even know response time (the 4ms) is differant than input lag.
Although, 60Hz monitors are more likely to experience screen tearing, which sucks.

There are no genuinely good monitors right now

So pretty much just go with whatever is cheapest until a good monitor comes out

Dell Ultrasharps are some of the best in the game, and now that the U2515H is

I imagine you'll be using the ultrawide as your primary, so that rules out B since you'd probably want it front and center rather than have to look up.

Then just decide what you'll use the secondaries for. For instance, a lot of programmers like having one screen vertical for code, and the horizontal for browser. So do you want two verticals, or two horizontals, or one one of each, in addition to the main? You could do C if you have the space and don't care for a vertical display, or you could even go E and stack two with one vertical off to the side...

There's really no one correct answer, user.

What about the Asus PB258Q?

Looks nice.

When is the best time to buy A new monitor? Should I wait until black Friday? I'm not pressed to get one

Looking for a 34" 1440p 144Hz 21:9 curvy screen with VESA mounting support, any recommendations?

Why is 34 ultrawide twice the cost of 29 ultrawide of same resolution?

Is 29um68 g approved?

I like my Dell U2515H. Probably won't upgrade for another 4 years easily.

[spoiler]I wish[/spoiler]

Just sort the PC part picker by free-sync, its just missing the pixio 1440p 144hz IPS display

...I still have a crt

Pretty happy with these, the Dell's specs aren't the best, but I got it on sale for $75 and I was using a crappy 19' Sansui TV before I bought it. The Asus is a decent budget 1080p screen and I'm loving the Acer 1080p 144hz screen.

Anyone had any luck buying from eBay or refurbished monitors?

If you were looking to sell your U2515H for a decent price I'd be inclined to buy it from you user

nice setup i have the same head phones with an antlion mod mic and the same mouse. Is that a shark coffee cup?

Yup. Like them a lot for ~$40.

Thanks, mate.

I'm using a Neewer condenser mic. And it's a can coozie.

ballin. also are you running an amp for your headphones? im just using my old one from my turtle beach px series because its better then nothing. Tosslink is so much better then just plugging the headphones into the mobo.

This looks like a pretty good deal for a 27" 2k

It's nice if you don't want/can't have dual monitors. One of the guys I work with swears by it because he just tiles his editor and shit to make use of the width.

I thought about switching from my dual 27" to one 34" ultrawide to save a bit of desk space but outside of gaymen I think a 32" 4k monitor would serve me better.

I've seen 144Hz and it does look a lot better for fps gaymen and stuff with lots of fast movement (quake, doom, overwatch, etc) but I don't play enough vidya to care

27" 1440p is big enough for it to be useful in windows

I play with it sometimes but with two monitors it's not that useful to me

Thinking about picking up one of these for $180. I just wish anything other than 1080p wasn't retsrdedly expensive. Why are 4k tv's cheap but monitors expensive

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B17C5KO/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1495769280&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=4k 27 inch monitor

Get lg29 for 190$ instead
and they are cheap because tv does not need all that fancy stuff like GtG,refresh rate and they often do not support more than 29-30fps

my GPU has 5 video outs on the back, what am i supposed to do with 5 screens? It has 3 disp port and hdmi and dvi. I only have one screen. If I crossfired the cards would I have 10 screens?

No if you crossfirre you will have 6 screens because of dataratebandwithMPXspeed.

For same reason display port cables are not 5m+

The Pixio panels are really, REALLY risky. Unless you can stomach stuck/dead pixels and severe IPS glow, just buy from a reputable company. It's not THAT much money. And yeah, Acer is bad to deal with, but at least you CAN deal with them.

They're not good panels. Your typical budget 4k TV can't output 4:4:4 (uncompressed) chroma. That's fine for TV, movies, and gaming. You'll notice it in general computing though, especially if it's only capable of 4:2:0, like the once popular Sceptre U435CV-UMC. Speaking of that particular model, like many in its price range, it doesn't use a conventional pixel configuration. Instead of RGB, it uses RGBW.

news.samsung.com/global/what-is-rgbw-tv

Why do people insist on 1440p monitors when they should be buying 4k?

okay, if you were to get a touchscreen monitor. why?

There are very few good 4k panels, those that do exist are prohibitively expensive even for comfortably middle class consumers, the only video card that can properly drive them in recent games retails for $800, and the pixel density is higher than necessary for a 27'' display, which is already about as large as the average desk monitor can comfortably be.

just buy whatever you want/cant you dont need a list made by people you dont even know

how comfy is that keyboard?

the colours look nice at least

I've been using a BenQ 24" 1080p TN monitor for a few years and I like it. It's a solid monitor aside from the poor viewing angles.

To be honest though, I really want to drop a grand on a set of larger monitors as soon as I get some money to blow.

My triple monitor setup that I've been rolling for years now consists of that aforementioned 24"er, an old 4:3 17" Viewsonic monitor, and an old 32" 720p lcd TV.

I want to get 3 of the same 30" computer monitors side-by-side I reckon that'll be baller.