Windows 7 in 2017?

Just asking for your thoughts on this.
please no 'lol wannacry' bullshit, because literally no one cares that you have aspergers.
I'm also consdering switching back to Windows 7 (I miss it), but the fact that skylake CPU support ends in 2018 is kind of..bad

install gnu+devuan

You'll be fine. Read this thread if you need help with updates:

Just werks + minimal privacy invasion compared to Windows 10.

Just use 10 you fucking nigger

I bet you used xp until you needed 64 bit

Hindu not kike. Remember this is Microsoft.

the joke's on you- I used XP until I needed 64-bit, then I switched to XP 64-bit, you nigger.

>Use an objectively inferior system while 7 is still in long term support

I'm still using Haswell and Maxwell so I have no problem still using 7. If I wanted too I can run 2015 LTSB for the extra performance without extra botnet.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!
Also, Win7 Best Windows

I'm sticking with Windows 7 until 2020

From there, I'm considering switching to 8.1 until its end of life in 2023.

After that, I'm """HOPING""" that Linux totally has their shit together. If shit gets desperate, I might even go hackintosh.

Windows 7 runs just fine with Skylake and even Kaby Lake and will for years to come, it's not a real actual concern.

>Implying

>all the hidden bullshit you have to disable
>shit installing on their own
>settings you change getting reverted (defaulted) on updates

nah
win 10 is completely unnecessary

>please no 'lol wannacry' bullshit, because literally no one cares that you have aspergers.
All of the people using this to shill for Win10 literally forget that Windows 8.1 is a thing and it too wasn't targeted, but that would completely destroy their narrative.

>windaids

Not even once.

why not just use 2003 server? also, heil hitler.

I use 7 to run my DAW - 10 is horrible for plugins, hardware etc.. i use 10 for everyday shit tho on my crappy devices like pads etc I hate 10 tho.. it's garbage

Not on notebooks. Speedstep and C states are broken even with proper drivers.

people who stuck with XP right up until april 8th 2014 was pure baby duck syndrome shit but I can actually understand sticking with win7

i've tried win10 twice and it feels like one of those bootleg pirated windows, like a bootleg win7 with a flat theme and a bunch of retarded "apps"

Im sticking with 7 until its absolutely necessary to switch.

Windows 7 still contained those "sidebar apps", which is essentially the same. So what is your point? Windows has always looked like chink bootleg from 98SE onwards

your DAW sucks.

I switched from 7 to 8 to 10 and nothing in my daw workflow changed.