I posted a thread yesterday about how I'm being monitored by this IP camera...

I posted a thread yesterday about how I'm being monitored by this IP camera. I've been trying to use nmap or wireshark and VLC to find the stream but I'm pretty unfamiliar with what I'm looking for. Anyone care to help an user out? Cheers.

The sticker on the back of the camera has a model number, serial number, MAC, and a pin code. I signed in on the router but I don't see anything under the "connected" devices that has the same MAC address.

Other urls found in this thread:

:
advanced-ip-scanner.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1. Connect it to network
>2. Get it's IP or MAC address from router or just run arp -a
>3. Setup wireshark filter with its IP and/or MAC as source and destination and capture a dump
???
>4. Profit

Why are you being monitored by it? Who is monitoring you?

Are you sure your router is showing both wireless and wired connected devices?

I don't see it's MAC address on the router.
I'm staying at my brothers girlfriends place, she keeps cameras around the house. No I'm not trying to peep on anyone, just feel like if I'm being recorded all day I should have access to it.

>Are you sure your router is showing both wireless and wired connected devices?
I think so, it's showing Ethernet and wifi 2.4G connected devices

>I'm being monitored by an IP camera that I can apparently take off the hinge and unplug it from power and post it to Sup Forums two days in a row without too much hassle

Why do you care? There's clearly nobody watching the stream. Just leave it unplugged.

It is most definitely being watched, she's been out of the house for the last week or two but it still turns on and off at random times, sometimes just for a few minutes, sometimes for like 30 minutes. Also it turns on from about 6:30pm until 5am or so every day.

I know for a fact she watches the stream, about a month ago she told me how her and her coworkers got a laugh out of seeing me discovering the dog shit on the floor. She showed me a recording of it on her phone.

I would first try to open a URL to every ip address listed as connected devices. :

You'll need to look up more info on the model

Who is "She"

OP is schizophrenic.

No, I'm pretty sane.
>I'm staying at my brothers girlfriends place, she keeps cameras around the house

Don't fuck with someone else's property user. If you're being recorded and you have a problem with it then leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay there.

Sounds like something a schizophrenic would say.

I'm not fucking with it, I just want to be able to see the stream, too. I'm not doing anything unethical, it's not like I'm tampering with it in any way.

Then ask for access to the stream and have them provide it to you.

if you have to ask these questions, you dont deserve the answer

fuck off kid, this thread is fucking garbage

It's not like they're small cameras or anything, they're quite visible and as I've said, she has shown me recordings of myself in the past. Although seeing that red light on facing me all day is certainly making me feel schizophrenic. It's unnerving as fuck

>she has shown me recordings of myself in the past
>Although seeing that red light on facing me all day is certainly making me feel schizophrenic. It's unnerving as fuck

Go to the doctor user. srs.

Stop trying to gaslight me you faggot
Asking questions is the only way to learn. Feel free to fuck off from my thread if you don't agree with it

>Stop trying to gaslight me you faggot
REALLY paranoid there user, you sure you're not going schizo?

whoa man no need to lash out at user nobody is trying to gaslight you, are you ok?

Yo user, run Advanced IP Scanner advanced-ip-scanner.com
when the camera is on. If you still dont see the cam it's not connected via the router you are presently connected to.

>advanced-ip-scanner.com
lol?

kek fuckig kek
FUCK YOU STOP

FAKE DIANNA

That tool is widely used in the amateur network field. Also you cant blame a company with a successful product to want a domain name using its product name. If you're THAT skeptical (read schizo) go find the file on filehippo. If you have no idea what this is all about go find IT help from reddit they're the global internet IT support

Thanks, I'll give that a try
Didn't work

I think I found the device. I used Zenmap to scan every connected device on the router, I've found one that has audio receivers, an AV reciever, a fingerprint acese controler (not sure what that it), and a bunch of other stuff. Everything other device is just printers and stuff. Now what?

Reallifecam dot com ?

you did the meme wrong. also that's a 2007 meme. have you considered reading up on the culture of Sup Forums over the past decade before posting?

I found the camera now what?

shove it up your own ass and tell her to show that to her workfriends

I tried this and I keep getting a runtime error? Help! Wtf!