Hey Sup Forums, it's time for our bi-annual "language of Sup Forums" thread

Hey Sup Forums, it's time for our bi-annual "language of Sup Forums" thread.

Basically, every once in a while some guy gets the idea to have all of our board learn a language that we can speak to each other with. All the times I've seen this thread before a few people get excited, a few naysayers call us stupid, and generally nothing happens, but I want to try again.

So here are the steps:
Pick a language
Get together some resources together
Get a lot of people on board
put a few months into learning the language

I personally like the Dutch language, but I'm open to suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FjhV7CYaDKk
youtube.com/watch?v=sbv__Je7mdk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona#External_links
youtube.com/watch?v=B_hgCwIfFYw
youtube.com/watch?v=a1aRRFDF7Dw
strawpoll.me/10444396
omniglot.com/language/phrases/tokipona.htm
tokipona.net/tp/classicwordlist.aspx
strawpoll.me/10444472
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

English?

Lets try doing it with English.

The trouble is that English is fucking gay.

Bit mean... it should definetley be a European languages I think, I'm leaning Dutch if Norwegian.

I would like to learn Dutch, or any Scandi language, I would also be willing to do Latin or something.

I'm fucking around, it's just that English is the lingua Franca and is boring because of that.

Esperanto

That's actually the thread that made me think about this, but esperanto just doesn't really sound good to me, but if that's what everyone else wants I'm willing to try it.

Esperanto sounds amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=FjhV7CYaDKk

Just sounds like Spanish to me.

It's basically Germanic Spanish or... Slavic Italian.

So, Portuguese?

Wouldn't latin be cooler?

But Esperanto is easier and it actually has native speakers, unlike Latin.

BACK TO MEXICO

My vote's for Dutch. Pretty simple for most of us anglophones to pick up and I guess the non-natives would have an easier time with it as well compared to a non-Germanic language

We could do Finnish for the memes but holy fuck, it'd be hell

Finnish is too hard, maybe we can do Swedish so we can raid Swedish speaking ultra liberal websites.

Toki Pona is the easiest language ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=sbv__Je7mdk

Are there resources for it?

Portuguese

I want her to suck my dek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona#External_links

No, you mean "peniso".

"Dek" means "10" in Esperanto.

That was the joke

Le français seulement!!

*whoosh*

Irish?

Pretty dead tbf

Why would we do Irish? What made you think Irish?

Catalan. It's best language.

Samples:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_hgCwIfFYw (it has subtitles in spanish)

youtube.com/watch?v=a1aRRFDF7Dw

Ceci
Le français, c'est objectivement la meilleure langue.

It really just sounds like Spanish to me.

That being said, spanish isn't a bad language, I'm just biased against it because I live in Arizona.

I was thinking maybe a language that is easier to learn for english speakers, since all of the users of Sup Forums already speak English.

It's more french than spanish.

You just want Catalan because you already speak it.

don't you want to learn a new language with Sup Forums?

It goes like pic related. If you are going to be an asshole, at least be an accurate asshole. Call it demi-froggish or something.

Yeah. I would propose, now seriously, icelandic. I think it's interesting because of it's similiraty to Old Norse

>Being in france means it must sound like french.

I'm not trying to be an asshole man, I'm just saying what I'm hearing. Maybe the written form looks like French, but it sounds like it has the Spanish R rather than the french R, which is like the main thing that makes a language sound French/spanish to me.

I have wanted to learn Icelandic in the past, but if we pick something that difficult, it may be hard to keep people interested after a few days.

>the main thing that makes a language sound French/spanish to me.
You are paying attention to the less important traits, then.

Anyway, the R thing depends in the dialect. In central Catalan the sound is more similar to the "castillian" R, in the north it's more "frenchified", usually.
Another thing is that the "rolled R" is not a specific trait of Spanish. It exist in many other languages.

true :/

By the way, what do you mean by "being in france"?

Estonian
Celtic

I've never even seen Estonian.

Isn't it finno-ugric, and therefore, really hard?

And what makes you think celtic?

toki pona honestly

I misread your map.

>Esperanto has native speakers
Where?

I considered that too. Swedish is easy and I really like the way it sounds. Plus we could fuck with swedes. I just don't know how many people would agree to learn a language for cucks

theres a few all over the place

Unfortunately there are simply no languages which fit the bill. Countless attempts in the past have proven as much.

It's impossible to find a language which respects all of the following:
>not too many speakers on Sup Forums, so that it's more "equal" for all posters, and more of a unique experience, and so that we can avoid stupid quarrels by picking something more irrelevant
>not too few speakers, so that we may actually learn
>not too easy, so that we won't come off as pleb retards
>not too hard, so that we may actually learn
>not an artificial language
>not a durka durka jihad language
>not a bix nood mufugga language
>not a language with a retarded noodlerune writing system (or any non-Latin alphabet, really)
>something which actually has decent (free) learning ressources on the internet

>not an artificial language
whats the point of these
other than those retarded ones toki pona fits the bill.

What about Somali?

hhnnnnnnngggggggg!

Ok, that's it. I'm learning Esperanto.

Swedish is historically a language for badasses, and it's easy as fuck to learn. I like Swedish as an option.

I gues if we want to do this we have to get rid of some requirements then.

I see no problem with not doing an artificial language, or a language with a lot of native speakers on Sup Forums.

in fact, if we do a language like Swedish, the Scandis can help us perfect it, while it may be a little unfair, it gives us a supply of native speakers that can correct us.

Okay. I nominate:
Esperanto ( the language of thinly veiled kikes)
Russian (the language of modern pirates)
Swedish (the language of cucks, previously vikings)

i nominate toki pona, the language of you can literally learn this in a day

memes aside, artificial languages are complete and utter shit, and even though I'm not one for conspiracy theories, I honestly think it's a tool for the globalist to try to destroy actual culture by promoting this merchant "good goy your culture is irrelevant, and language is irrelevant; it's only a tool for communication :^) "

And they'll ALWAYS be culturally poor compared to any non-shit living language. They just don't compare to non-shit natural languages.

Sup Forums, and Sup Forums in general, is obviously quite elitist in nature, it would hurt our collective ego to adopt a new language, only for that new language to be some pleb-tier shit like afrikaans or bislama.

I doubt we'll learn it in a day, but if it is really this easy, maybe we can give it a try, and then someday mvoe to bigger and better things.

Have any links to Toki Pona?

strawpoll.me/10444396
Multiple choices allowed, select all the ones you'd be willing to learn

The cool thing about it being plebshit is that even though the language is easy, an outsider coming to Sup Forums would still be totally lost, we'd still have our secret club.

Wow, we have less then 9 people on board, the outlook doesn't look good.

Hola em dic user, estic aprenent català, parlo molt poc :^(

it literally only has 120 words.
omniglot.com/language/phrases/tokipona.htm
tokipona.net/tp/classicwordlist.aspx

I still have my pride, I'll kill myself long before I allow myself to be disgraced by speaking an inferior language (this includes every single artificial language, by the way). I'm even slightly ashamed to speak English, actually.

Literally every fucking choice on this list is just terrible.

At least go with Danish instead of Swedish. At least Danes have actual history and culture. What the fuck do Swedes have other than "AYOOO WE WUZ VIKINGZ N SHIEET, WE IZ KEKOLDS N SHIEET"?

Vivu la movado!

Danish is harder than Swedish is the trouble.

Hola :) Ets Nord-Americà? O d'on? hehe

Nice try, ghost of Hitler.

It's only been a couple minutes
Sorry, I just listed everything that got mentioned in this thread thus far except the stuff with no support or memes. If you had suggested Danish earlier in the thread, it'd be included

You're Canadian. You have no pride.

That would be too American of you.

speak for yourself, I hate Germans

the slight amount of additional effort required is entirely worth it if we can speak Danish instead of fucking Swedish

Seriously Swedish is the worst idea possible, I'd unironically rather learn fucking Somali than Swedish.

I don't know man, I feel like you're just kind of angry at something, wanna talk about it?

The esperanto speaking mexican said esperanto can get you free food and free stays everywhere. Toki pona sounds useless.

Alright, I vote for Danish. Where do we start?

yes, I'm angry at you for coming up with such asinine ideas, and at all conlangers for not having been gassed yet

I figure we should pick a language on Duolingo, because even though it's a shit language learning device, it's available to everyone and gets you started.

Redo the poll only with Duolingo options? The first one with just thread suggestions is pretty shit

I will actually commit to this, sounds fun as fuck. I suggest Norwegian or Romanian.

So, Esperanto it is then.

Don't you shit-talk duolingo nigger. Duo is life.

Wait, but danish is in duolingo. Are we really going for Esperanto? What about the angry canadian, fuck him?

strawpoll.me/10444472

After this I'll take the top 5, and we'll do a new vote where you can only pick one option.

Why would anyone care about Canada's opinions on anything?

I want to get everyone on board as I can, it'll be easier with more people.

si, soc de estat units

parlo espanyol també

Voted

>parlo espanyol també
>parlo
Interesante, que otras palabras tienen en común el italiano y el catalán?

I'll give it 30 minutes, then we'll move on to the last poll.

Just like last time, nobody will be doing it in a week.

So pessimistic. I will tho, I have a thing for languages

Maybe, but I like the idea enough to try.

I think all of us do, and that's why we came to Sup Forums

Why not just make one?

Take the grammar of your favorite languages then add your favorite words from them.

Al-lenguamaken facila desu.

Muchas, es como un combinación de italiano, francés y español.

I'm down for it, especially since all the leading languages seem really interesting

This sounds fun

bumping for interest

Com és que vols parlar català?

Tot el que has escrit és molt correcte. Exceptuant "de estat units" que hauria de ser: "Dels Estats Units".

No sabria decirte, bastantes supongo, igual que con el frances hay cosas. Y hasta con el islandes y el noruego. Aquí hemos tenido contacto con todo dios. 1200 años dan para mucho.

Vote in the poll

I already did before posting, dw

>Vietnamese
Kek good luck with that

Me aburrí un día y me inscribí en Parla.cat :^)

Tengo rato de no usar el sitio :^(
¿Vives en catlunya?

Is this the beginning of Sup Forumsish?
Io soy ein 男

me han despertado el interés por el catalán. A ver si aprendo algo ahora

It's only there because it is available on Duolingo.

Omnibus Coniunctiones será el momentaleysi.
Homo la limitates unos és családi ügyeiner Freiheiten Aufhetzung sto frelsi eða öðrum regrension. Le in die Freiheiten til kvinnuleysi, veikindum þjóðanna í fördern motus progresolución den gera og der Ehegatten gilt,

da en lo que le dhuine det libertatem.