Devuan 1.0 Officially Released

devuan.org/os/debian-fork/stable-jessie-announce-052517

I really hope all you systemd-haters just switch to it already and stop making butthurt threads.
>B-but it's the same 3-years old Jessie and Debian Stretch is releasing in a couple months
Who cares, it's not like Devuan users are going to so anything with their OS other than shitpost about systemd on the internets.

Other urls found in this thread:

devuan.org/os/init-freedom/
people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/How_to_stay_with_sysvinit_in_Debian_Jessie.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know devuan is not the only one, right?
PClinuxOS actually gets updates and doesn't use systemd

PCLinuxOS is a great distribution but the name alone is enough to drive most semi-experienced Linux users away.

>literally falling for this autistic meme
Why are linuxfags so fucking whiny lmao

Just use void / gentoo / slackware
also, can't you uninstall systemd in debian?

>why linux usere have freedom of choice lmao

> Valid argument
> Who cares
That's why Devuan is a dead fork.

>Yo yo yo yo It'cha boi Devuan Yenkinz nigga whutz guud in da Hood y'all?
Shitty name aside, might try this.

>Where no goy has gone before
What did they mean by this?

Also, fucking shirts, really? What is the google AI learning now, how to traverse the mall in a self driving mobility scooter?

>trekkie sign
>terrible tagline
>outdated packages
The logo itself is alright though, I see Sup Forums has contributed a lot.

>I really hope all you systemd-haters just switch to it already and stop making butthurt threads.
Jokes on you, I am already on Devuan

so what is it? how is it different than Debian?
i dont feel like reading

the end goal for google is to create a strong AI, which will be the beast of revelation
you'll have to get implants so it can track you better
you'll have to love it as your god
everyone who doesn't submit to it will be persecuted

It's outdated and comes with a shittier init system and most of the daemons are probably unsupported.

I wish they'd drop the retarded Toy Story naming system.

>Our team will participate in providing patches, security updates, and release upgrades beyond the planned lifespan of Debian Jessie.

Huh, they wish. It's funny that they say that like they are going to to shit. They are just going to piggyback Debian LTS Team efforts and in 2020 they will drop support, just like Debian.

Literally just a fork of Debian which comes with sysvinit by default, pledges to maintain init scripts and lessen systemd dependencies in packages. That's it.
You can have the first one right now by installing sysvinit-core before booting into a Jessie system.
devuan.org/os/init-freedom/
people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/How_to_stay_with_sysvinit_in_Debian_Jessie.html

Please dont fill out those captchas for google. You are helping them grow stronger, use the old recaptcha and write nigger for the second word.

Also systemd is good, fuck off.

I am gonna download it and install systemd in it.

Can I install systemd on Devuan? If not, why? Don't they respect muh freedums?

>Hating progress
shame

>Can I install systemd on Devuan?
Not an easy task

>If not, why?
Because systemdicks is a clusterfuck that hates compatibility

>Don't they respect muh freedums?
More than systemdicks

Debian stretch won't be released for a year at this rate and they'll release the next one much faster.

so why should i switch to this?

If you read about the history behind you would know Devuan fixes problems the Debian maintainers won't.

Such as?

>freedom of choice
>literally just scream and cry about minor things until some group of nerds makes YET ANOTHER operating system from the Linux kernel as if having 50 thousand that no one uses isn't enough

Systemd btfo