Why did you chose your 2nd language Sup Forums

Why did you chose your 2nd language Sup Forums

Weil Französisch und Spanisch blöd sind.

Oh okay

I didn't, i needed it to post memes in the darkest corner of the internet.

I chose French because it was the closest language to English and I think it has good prospects to become one of the most spoken languages in the future because of Africa's population boom. And because it's so damn beautiful.

just wish I had a french qt though ;_;

Because I need them welfare checks, ese

Sup Forums was in English, so I had to learn it to shitpost.

record yourself speaking in french on vocaroo. I want to hear it

I chose Norwegian because I want to move to Norway

no mic pal

You can borrow mine

Porque es util, muchas personas hablan espanol.

You need English to get a good job in this country. Funny because I won an award for best English at my high school graduation and here I sit unemployed.

Thats super fucked up man sorry

I chose Esperanto to play out conversations with my make-believe girlfriend. I'd say a joke and Ayn(my air girlfriend's name) would laugh and in my feminine voice, she'd tell me "Mi amas vin

Because it was the right thing to do.

It was chosen for me by Finnish school system. English. And it was good that way,

It's my own fault, long story. I live in a really small town in Northern Québec, had an opportunity to get out but didn't. I'm going to college in the fall though.

was babel real??

我现在觉得中国有越来越多的经济机会,而且我也觉得汉字很漂亮。

>Why did you chose your 2nd language
I didn't.

>thread on Sup Forums for a german group
>decide to join because i've wanted to pick up a language and german looked like a good one
>start studying german but then slow down at the grammar because i'm too lazy to read about that noise
>couple of norwegians in the german group keep speaking norwegian to each other
>look into norwegian, helluva lot easier than german so i get into that
>canadian bro in the group talks about french most of the time
>look into french
>not that easy but wanted a romantic language so i start studying it
>one of the norwegians starts learning russian
>try to be a special snowflake and i'm now studying polish
Moral of the story - Don't be like me and know less than half of 4 languages because you have the attention span of a gnat and you can't commit to one thing.

>2nd language

the only people worth talking to already speak american buddy

>american
You mean Spanish, yeah?

the tower of babel looks curiously similar to the eu parliament building

At least Spanish is a white european language. Enjoy your Somali and Arabic.

Because i want to read untranslated doujin

Because Gambit was cool, chere

That's deliberate, The EU doesn't hide its globalist intentions at all.

>Spanish is a white european language
Oh I'm sure it is, too bad the people speaking it aren't

I grew up with 2 languages.... Afrikaans and English, mostly because we have 11 fucking "official" languages even though everyone who lives in integrated society speaks English

I chose Spanish (Amerifag) because I went to a small high school and it was either that or French. Had little interest in either. German was not on offer, or I would have taken that.

In college I chose Ancient Greek, Sanskrit, Mandarin, and a wee bit of Latin. Because classical studies and linguistics... and general interest.

Anime

כי רציתי ללמוד את השפה של עמי, עם היהודי

ט. שלמה שקלברג

>Hey guys! Let's take a story in which someone manipulated loads of people into rebelling against a higher power, and failed miserably to boot, and model ourselves after that!

Hungarian dubbing is both inaccurate and 99% of the actors' voices made me cringe hard.

Thus I needed a way to enjoy American cinema - and I only needed to learn a bit of Engish for it.

What is this shit

>implying I had a choice

because i want to live in quebec

I chose uyghur because I have an uyghur friend

Because I knew I would need it in primary school.

french
I didnt have a choice
fuck bill 101

no one at my school spoke spanish

You mean my third? Because I wanted to. The 2nd was practically shoved down our throats.

How well can you speak it now?

Baldur's Gate.

Fluently. I lived in Xinjiang for 5 years

Because Allahu Akbar

Lovely. What did you do back there? How was it like living there?

more like it chose me

In college I majored in Mandarin and software engineering. For a few years I did programming in Beijing. I found a tourism company in Xinjiang that wanted a person with fluent Mandarin and English to be an interpreter on tours. I got that job, and over the course of my time in Xinjiang, I made Uyghur friends and decided to study Uyghur.

>How was it like living there?
Forgot to answer this part. It was nice, Uyghurs are very welcoming, especially to foreigners who take an interest in Uyghur culture and speak Uyghur. It definitely was tense during times of crackdowns, though.

It's obligatory to learn a 2nd language here, so my parents picked German (I was 7, I had no saying in it).

I chose English in high school because I can practically use it in every country.

what if the EU considers themselves a higher power

>the only people worth talking to already speak american buddy

No.

My parents shoved me into an english speaking kindergarten when I was 3 so I didn't have much of a say in the matter. Kinda wish they had put me into a swedish speaking one instead since they gave me a swedish name and I can't speak swedish for shit and essentially dropped out of high school due to that.

In addition I was supposed to start studying German at age 11 but no one else was interested in it so the class got cancelled.

why didnt you learn korean

>muh opportunities

Don't know, maybe I should have so I could woo those plastic k-pop chicks.

This

Don't you guys (bar americans) have a second and third language in your schools? I had English and Russian. Some schools have other languages. Nobody asks whether you want it or not.

to balance tradition with practicality

>2nd
more like 7 languages fluent master race :>

> England
> 7 languages

I'm from finland senpai
I'm a Citizen of the World™

Gute Antwort uezs

Anyway, I chose German because muh heritage. Simple as that.

We had English (from first or second grade, I can't remember - I started learning in kindergarten so it was pretty easy and still is, now that I'm in university) and German (from fifth grade).

To scam people on RuneScape.

I think that I know who you are, pal.

>speaking only 2 languages
i speak croatian,english and have a b1 deutsches sprachdiplom

>now studying polish
If you don't have the patience for normie languages you won't be any good at learning a hipster language

desu i learned most of my English on the Internet (including Sup Forums)

Selling Eye of Gnome 1 mill (super rare item!!!!)

Ich wollte Niederländisch lernen weil mein Erbe aber Duolingo hatte es nicht als ich anfing, damit ich Deutsch lernen

kanker

Blasphemy is core part of the EU's principles - they were created by the devil after all.

para que sobrevivir la reconquista

Why did not speaking Swedish make you drop out of high school?

>be dutch
>get flooded

I didn't, I was forced to learn english and the useless regional special snowflake language

>be australian
>get emu'd

>be dutch
>get blazed

>be slovenian
>be so irrelevant you don't have anything to be bullied with on the internet

Sluta ljug, du har svenska som andraspråk snygging.

Spanish because...because...because...GOD, IT WAS A MISTAKE, I HATE THEIR FUCKING ROLLED Rs, THEIR "es", "as" "os" A'D THEY CAN'T ARTICULATE FOR SHIT

>mfw
Slovenia will be the last surviving nation on Earth.

Are you really one to talk, Frenchy?

Im a proper lazy fucker but might learn french or spainish
probably spainsh because I hear its easier+i can watch all things football related

What ?

Finnish: native language
English: forced to learn at 3rd grade
Swedish: forced to learn at 7th grade

>having a second language
Cuckoldry