I9 7920k

>i9 7920k
>12 core
>4ghz base clock
>4.5ghz turbo
>IPC higher than Kaby Lake

So, are you going to buy it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hothardware.com/news/intel-10-core-skylake-x-core-i9-7900x-leak-4ghz-base-45ghz-turbo
wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-radeon-pro-vega-ssg-detailed/
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Vega-GPU-Architecture-Preview-Redesigned-Memory-Architecture
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-1700x-benchmarks-leaked-beats-kaby-lake-ipc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

7920X ^

nah I'm poor and happy with second gen i7, also not a gaymer

>gaymer
>12 cores

No

Exactly.
see picrelated

>4ghz base clock
>12 core

At 300W TDP?

No because my 4790k is still totally fine.

There isn't much that makes use of 4 cores properly, even less that can make us of 6-8, and almost nothing for the average desktop that uses 8+. Not to mention it's going to be retardedly expensive.

>So, are you going to buy it Sup Forums?
it it exists and I also need to upgrade from my 1700X, sure

I'm pretty damn sure the answer will be "no" in both cases

it is kaby lake you moron

7900x reported on sisfot sandra 175 tdp...

7920k probably will be fx95xx tdp toaster level

but hey its ok when intel have BIGGER TDP

ive been saying for a year that we're entering a processor core race.

amdicklets just cant compete with intels 12 inch BWC cores.

IMG_XXX

>175W TDP
My my, Lord Prescott is back.

ghz base clock
Did you pull that 800MHz out of your ass?

180w CPU

no thanks i'm poor and my 6700k meets all my needs
beside i don't have a spare $2k NZD
and i'm not a fan of $500 big ones on my powerbil so no and no.

hothardware.com/news/intel-10-core-skylake-x-core-i9-7900x-leak-4ghz-base-45ghz-turbo

>Previous leaks pegged this Skylake-X part as having 10 cores and 20 threads clocked at 3.3GHz, with the ability to reach 4.3GHz with Turbo 2.0 and 4.5GHz with Turbo 3.0. However, a new listing in SiSoft Sandra's database reports a different base clockspeed. According to the listing, the Core i9-7900X has a base clockspeed of 4.0GHz. Here is a look:

>SiSoft Sandra's
The same site that put the integrated GPU in Ryzen APUs at rx 460 performance?

Yeah, I'd rather take Intel's own slides over that, there might be a 4.0 base part, but it would be at insane TDP and cost more than a kidney, easier to just overclock.

considering that ryzen will probably have vega on them i think that 460 level of perf is perfectly reasonable i mean the demo of hbcc showed that it could help A LOT in weak cards..

No. Because it won't have those clocks, won't have higher IPC than Kaby Lake, and won't be cheaper than Threadripper which will utterly crush it in every single performance metric.

Pic related is the entire Skylake-X line.

>insane tdp

Like a piece of shit rx580 which has higher TDP than a gtx 1080 but performs like a 1060?

Only 700 shaders, no GDDR*, much lower clocks
There's no way in hell it's reaching 460 performance unless Vega's IPC is 60% higher than Polaris

What do AMD GPUs got to do with Intel CPUs?
You're not making a lot of sense.

>12 core
For what purpose?

>4.5 turbo
On two cores maybe

>IPC higher than Laby Lake
By 5% or less as usual

Also you forgot 200w power draw under load.

I wonder what will happen to X299 motherboard when some faggot overclocks a 10 or 12 core and starts trying to pull 300W+ through the socket.

Vega is a piece of poo. It will, at most, perform like a 1 year old mid range gtx 1080, if not worse. Mark my words

Source: My ass

Did he wake up?

Looks like Intel plans on diversifying into home stellar fusion reactors.

we already know that vega will reach 1600mhz
so yeah based on what we know (since its totally different from the previous gcn ) the ipc is at least 40% higher

Amd said its bandwidth it's 480GB/s, lower than 1 year old GDDR5X. Your wait was in vain poojet

????????????

I think you missed the entire discussion chain.

Hint: It's not about desktop vega

Please post benchmarks of Vega's performance or fuck off with your asspulled opinions.

wccft said that it will be 480gb/s

meanwhile hynix the actually hbm2 constructor actually says its 1tb/s

but you know facts dont matter here..

Wccftech just reported what AMD said themselves

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-radeon-pro-vega-ssg-detailed/

Pooga has 480GB/s bandwidth, lower than 484GB/s on 1 year old GDDR5X.

As I said, you waited for nothing

i got it lol i mean that amd can actually offer a dedicated small to mid range full chip on their apu's now..raja said that they were working on a massive interposer for the cpu+gpu+hbm (tho i doubt its going to be for desktop use but anyways...more likely something to do with navi)

You idiots just can't help yourself, can you?

Where are those Vega benchmarks? Oh right, you don't have any and you are just making entirely evidence free shitposts.

you should really educate your self on what hbm2 is and what hbc is
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Vega-GPU-Architecture-Preview-Redesigned-Memory-Architecture

i dont really care but its a shame to be so illiterate on a tech board..

>idiots
>yourself
>idiotS
>yourself

You actually are a shitskin who can't into English, now I have evidence.

>ipc higher than kabylake
>implying intel have made any ipc improvements since haswell

>not waiting for Threadripper
Retards lmao

>Upcoming 7640k 4-core
>112w
>4.0ghz base clock

Go ahead and make your own inference on what the TDP would be of an Intel 12-core with a 4ghz base clock.

It's actually 4.3ghz base clock but nice try with your amd housefire samefagging dirty old shitskin

doesn't it comes with more single core performance too

yeah and 7900x intel says its 140w while sisoft says its a 175 toaster..

its not like intel lied before about their tdp EH?

>TFW 9001W TDP

my i7 3770 will be viable well into the next decade so no

pretty sure that a 250watt TDP chip and unless it's a new arch, it has the SAME Instructions Per Clock but with outright shit performance-per-watt.

try again in a year or so.

>hothardware
Well, they got that part right.

More like 4 years or so. Intel is stuck on this arch until 2021.

Go away 14xxxx.jpg

>WAAAAAAH people are shitposting in response to my shitposting!!!!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!

No

Too poor I see

Why throw away money on this piece of shit when there will a much faster, cheaper alternative from AMD? That doesn't make much sense, no matter how rich you are.

you are arguing on a place that is filled with intel and nvidia shills..

>faster
>from AMD

Lul no

Never doubt the power of money, my man.

sure intel dropped the ball, but we have to remember that they have deeper pockets than AMD does, not to mention the history this company has when it comes to unethical practices.

FYI intel STILL hasn't paid AMD that settlement money, because they're challenging it in courts, so despite it still being the same amount of money, due to inflation, that money will be worth less than it was when the amount was penned down.

I'm the guy you replied to, by the way.

Do the jews seriously have a warehouse of tech ready to go advanced far more than we're seeing and they just throw one out anytime AMD gets close? Fucking seriously, do they? I seriously wonder what intel could release if they wanted to.

They don't.

This isn't a new arch, it's the same one, just multiple packages on the same socket.

No IPC improvement, no TDP improvement, so this is likely a 200+watt TDP chip.

Does the game even have good threading?
Wouldn't some other Ryzen be better if it doesn't?
Anyway he meant for actual Sup Forums related uses, not for gayming.
For gayming it's only important that it doesn't bottleneck you preventing from reaching screen refresh rate (iirc even for 4k @144Hz mustard race it will be enough, because 4k gets bottlenecked by GPU).

IPC is same as mainstream Skylake.
They just managed to increase clocks a d put more cores due to better fab/smaller node.
What is possible interesting is that Intel is saying cores will have 1mb l2 with reduced l3.

Bulpoo

lel once intel goes multicore, gayming will required minimum at least 6 to run. Remember intel core extreme and i7 shove into every pc game intro out there ?

Why would anyone buy an i9 when the Xeon line exists? Is i9 the new Itanium line?

Xeon= 44cores 88 threads but low clocks (3ghz or so)
i9= 12 cores but 4.5ghz

What Xeon has 44 cores? Their still unreleased newest one is 28 core and it has 2.5GHz clocks

You get the point

550 level performance is what I'm guessing.

No, Zen mobile has 764 shaders and Vega architectural improvements.
The 512 shaders of the rx 550 can't compete even with GDDR bandwidth(which is mostly negated for vega with HBCC, L2 caches and tiled rendering) isn't gonna make much of a difference.

The biggest issue is clocks, but I don't expect it to be clocked below 900MHz.

HURR 12CORE GAYMEN WITH DOALAKE-X!

LMAO

They might need a portable nuclear reactor.

>a double core cpu does the same in a multi threaded benchmark

Wooooow

Fake

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-1700x-benchmarks-leaked-beats-kaby-lake-ipc/

Intel's single core advantage is purely a function of clock speed, not IPC.

>[4C/8T]

we dont know the full specs of the vega cards we cant go assuming based on what the previous gcn card do because gcn 4.0 is literally a new design..

i assume we will see a broad range of apus
asus is the first to have already shown a laptop with a ryzen apu ( a week ago) still no details what so ever

>1700X
>4.5GHZ

You just blew your bait pajeet

You may be retarded, see

its simulated moron on 4c mode they can reach 4.5 ghz

Bullpoo, their 4c 1400 cpu can't clock for shit either

STOP
REPLYING TO
FUCKING
SHITPOSTERS

FAGGOTS

Maybe try reading the article before commenting, moron.

they do now with the new agesa...

but you know its not like shills knows what is going on..

This thread is cancer.

nigga pls, C++ has a fucking thread library now

>YFW you realize you made a fool of yourself.

>csgo as a benchmark

full retard.

Ryzen destroys the competition

MOAR BIBELINES!
MOAR BINGBUSSES!
MOAR CLAWKZ!
MOAR TDPz!

Go away IMG_xxxx

>Intel's response to the Threadripper announcement

Nvidia certainly does.

Everything AMD does Nvidia has a counter 3 months before it comes out.

Nobody is buying i9 XTREME EDITION nuclear housefire tier CPUs for $2000. Hardly anyone even bought the last 140 watt atrocity.

True, but Gpu is relatively easy to gain performance per generation

someone PLEASE post more jew/intel memes.

im looking for the one where it has an intel and amd merchant looking at an unsuspecting buyer at the cpu store.

>1tb/s
That's if they're using 4 stacks (like Fury). Vega uses 2 stacks however, so it gets 512GB/s at most. It's apparently clocked slightly lower so only gets 480GB/s.

This one?