WTF happened to Japanese technology?

10 years ago, Japan had tons of computers and other great electronics companies but these days, they seem to have been killed off by chinks and gooks. WTF happened?

How do we make Japan tech great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c1QcjsjjtRc
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg&feature=youtu.be
m.gsmarena.com/panasonic-phones-6.php
community.sony.com/t5/Headphones/Sony-MDR-1000X-left-side-of-bracket-broken-in-10-days/td-p/613977
community.sony.com/t5/Webcast-Discussion/MDR-1000X-Headband-Cracks/td-p/619760
ozbargain.com.au/node/309028
business.panasonic.com/toughpad/us/rugged-handheld-fz-n1.html
kalzumeus.com/2014/11/07/doing-business-in-japan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anime sex robots

Jap baby-boomers are all retired. Their kid and grandkids are not of the same caliber.

>10 years ago

Try 20, or 25.

They're stuck somewhere 20 years ago.

The japs are still the best at coming up with the ideas, the chinks just take their ideas and use a combination of cheaper materials, slave labour and disturbingly lax pollution laws to make the same thing at quarter the price.

I miss their laptop computers, cool foldable phones, the design of their websites (see niconico video

Softbank owns ARM, 1/3 of Nvidia and they're interested in deep learning tech. So don't interfere, japs are fine.
> anime sex robots
Did you mean: chobits?

Japanese technology in general is fine, they just don't export consumer products as much as they used to.

They're working on stuff

>Jap baby-boomers are all retired

No they're not, and that's the problem. That's why innovation has stifled. The same old ass businessmen who run all these companies won't ever retire and won't ever diverge from the same old shit.

That's why they've fallen out of popularity.

>Softbank owns ARM, 1/3 of Nvidia and they're interested in deep learning tech. So don't interfere, japs are fine.
they don't make shit tho! they just dumped some of their profits into companies that others own. that won't do shit to save jap tech!

nip programmers are awful

the chinese are MUCH better in this regard

Doesn't Panasonic make laptops anymore? Just buy the latest one
just because of this i want try to learn japanese but i know i'm too retarded for that and don't want to look like a weaboo
Xenophobia is also a bonus

>Japanese technology in general is fine, they just don't export consumer products as much as they used to.
Heh? Nope. Something like 70% of smartphones sold in japan are iphones. Even smartphones in anime are like 80% of phones.

Is SONY even making money anymore???

Yep, noticed the same thing too. Japan doesn't even make their own phones anymore, it's all Korea or China, at least in that region

When it comes to computers, still mainly China or America (Made in China, lol)

Rice cookers are all Korean, television sets are either Korean or some obscure company, etc.

The only decent thing Japan has made recently are ANC headphones (pic related), automobiles to a certain extent, and arguably PS4

It's very sad because I really love the way Japanese design their electronics, has a distinct hi-caliber feel to all of them

Korean and Chinese slave workers are cheaper than Japanese workers.

Are we talking specifically about consumer electronics or what? OP just said 'technology'.

Fujitsu is one of the biggest tech companies in the world. Honda is the largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines. Anime girls aren't using keitaidenwas anymore but the big stuff is still there.

I have a Daisy BB pistol that says Made in Japan. As a kid of the 80's, it's been a long time since I've seen that
youtube.com/watch?v=c1QcjsjjtRc

Literally what you said. China and Klrea took over when their economy started slowing down, and they're left with big just a few big tech companies like Sony, Panasonic, etc.

Wow i really fucked up this post

These headphones are shit and the warranty is shit. Look at the forums and there's a lot of people complaining about the headband snapping in the exact same place. Sony told them to stop using them wrong and go fuck themselves

wtf is that?

>He thinks Japanese technology went off the radar 10 years ago

Maybe, but it started with the end of the post-war economic miracle ending in a recession, making consumer companies less bullish about selling internationally.

>This economic miracle was the result of post-World War II Japan and West Germany benefiting from the Cold War.[dubious ] It occurred chiefly due to the economic interventionism of the Japanese government and partly due to the aid and assistance of the U.S.[1]

>WTF happened?
You stopped looking.
Panasonic makes batteries for everybody, and they make all sorts of great electronics including the best wintel laptops in the world. Sony is everywhere, as is Toshiba. Makita tools have a cult following due to their high quality and tool selection. Seiko and Casio are probably the most popular watch brands in the world. Japanese cars are everywhere. Boeing uses a fair amount of Japan manufactured parts in their aircraft. Japan also makes great amateur radios if you're a gay nerd like me who's into that stuff.

Quick, post some great japtech from past or present!

youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg&feature=youtu.be

>japanese government interference in the market caused an economic miracle

Fucking keynesians never learn, do they? Fuck off.

>How do we make Japan tech great again?
Me and lots of other white men need to go over and colonize their women with your big white cocks.

Has anyone saw any panasonic smartphones? I haven't see any of them in my country

m.gsmarena.com/panasonic-phones-6.php

>Did you mean: chobits?
More like Gynoid(s)

great fucking idea! take your dibs.

[Woah woaahs Internally]

Did you own those headphones? I just paid $$$ for them based on positive reviews I read online

I don't own nor want to own the fucking things.
community.sony.com/t5/Headphones/Sony-MDR-1000X-left-side-of-bracket-broken-in-10-days/td-p/613977

community.sony.com/t5/Webcast-Discussion/MDR-1000X-Headband-Cracks/td-p/619760

ozbargain.com.au/node/309028

> reasonable
> Macbook
Ehehehehe.

Welp, I'll have to return them, oh well

business.panasonic.com/toughpad/us/rugged-handheld-fz-n1.html
I got you

Sony is only making money from PlayStation and their movies

> and their movies
> Ghostbusters
> Spider Man
> What else?

>robot
>doesn't interact with physical environment

dumb Japs

>10 years ago
And 20 years before it before Chinese "cheap shit" boom happened Japan was what China is now.
Cheap garbage.

Well what ANC headphones would you recommend? Sup Forums recommended either QC35 or MDR1000X and I went with the Sony one based on positive reviews. I heard bad things about QC35...

>Panasonic
>great

it is just a standard laptop

ANC is usually a meme most people don't need or can't use anyways. There's a thread on Reddit every now and then about some cunt buying noise cancelling headphones and complaining because they won't block his dog barking or loud neighbors blasting nigger.
The Momentum 2 Wireless have ANC but I'm not sure how good it is.
I'd probably go for Bose assuming your use case will actually benefit from ANC (mostly repetitive drone noise like engines)

that is fucking great,it even has 3 year warranty
too bad my country doesn't allow import of phones tho

They make all those dumb animated movies that make bank, but not having any franchise/big brand material is a real problem

Emoji movie? Can't forget that gem

>Sony told them to stop using them wrong and go fuck themselves
You act surprised at that response from Sony ....

Generation NEET came. Now there is only hentai.

Thanks, my main use case is riding the bus but also airplane travel as well. Pity I have to return these but good thing I figured this out sooner than later

Isn't this an off the shelf chinese drip coffee maker hooked up to their proprietary battery system?

It doesn't even look shop quality.

watch less anime you fat fuck.

Don't return them because one fat fuck on Sup Forums told you to. The reviews are good for a reason. They're a good buy.

Reviewers use a product for a week and forget about it.
You need to look into long term user reviews to learn about any potential failures like the headband snapping.
Even on Amazon they have 4.5 stars and at on of 1 star reviews mention the exact same headband snapping issue.
The question is do you feel lucky enough to not be affected by this? because Sony already stated they do not stand behind their product and any breakage is on you

Globalization happened.

And it will happen to China and Korea too, soon there won't be any countries making anything worth buying. Quality of goods and then quality of life will be sacrificed upon global capital's profane altar of profit, in pursuit of the inhuman economics of efficiency and centralization. We should have listened.

their economy is collapsing

>We should have listened.
I listened. I bought stocks :^)

>How do we make Japan tech great again?
How about you start with their retarded society?
kalzumeus.com/2014/11/07/doing-business-in-japan/

sony's largest earner is their massive financial arm

japan birthrate killer

>virtual
>expecting physical interaction
dumb burger

You realize this is a picture of a cartoon right?

a b e n o m i c s

>Makita tools have a cult following due to their high quality and tool selection

They are mostly made in China though. Good tools. I recommend them for pros and hobbyists.

>come home from work
>try to open door
I can't let you do that onii-chan

Koreans are the new Japanese

computing moved into the mainstream
cheap manufacturing became the norm
consumerism started dictating upgrading hardware every few years

They clearly need virile immigrants to boost their weakened population up

that wasn't a problem when they were on top of the industry in the 80s and 90s and the newer generation is more global facing

their problems are much bigger than culture

>The japs are still the best at coming up with the ideas
bullshit, the Japanese can't invent for shit

They're amazing at taking something and perfecting its design but they can't innovate

the Xperia line doesn't even try to have market relevance. Shame too because with the right marketing they could have been a proper Android handset (imagine a Nexus/Pixel made by Sony)

Japan still dominates the camera industry so there's that. Most DSLRs used to be Japanese made, but I don't think that's true anymore. Mine was made in Taiwan.

>just realized makita is Jap
wew
hitachi makes good power tools. have a compressor that's been working flawlessly for over a decade now with a history of heavy use for most of its life

America's birth rates would be going in that direction if it weren't for black people and immigrants

Race mixing is perfectly natural. If you took a bunch of white people and plopped them into Japan, you would have a huge generation of half Japanese kids a decade later.

Japan had / has a lot of the supply chain in China. China is just doing it all now.

And all without the fucking annoying methods that you often need to use to buy shit in Japan.

... seriously, the effort required to buy Japanese products that aren't the few international shipping ones on Amazon can be ridiculous. Maybe they should solve that first and do business with us directly, from plastic waifus to smartphones and computers.

2B IS NOT FOR LEWD DELET THIS IMMEDIATELY

Macs don't have black screen vessels

The Japanese just haven't really made anything very new and very good in a while. It seems like they advance rather slowly nowadays 'cause their old way doesn't cut it anymore.

Kinda like what happened to Nokia: they were always sometimes slow in jumping on new trends (it took them ages to release flip phones, too) so they practically crumbled when iPhones and Android phones got good. Same probably happened with Japanese phones: suddenly everyone wanted something different and they reacted too slowly, then iPhone had already conquered their market when the truth hit em.

Maybe something similar happened to other kinds of electronics as well. Plus the whole price thing, China is cheaper and so on and can nowadays do a lot of the products without outside help.

You always hear horrible things about Japanese work culture, too: and I don't just mean the overwork thing, but also that they have shitloads of totally useless office workers who they make do inefficient shit like copy spreadsheets by typing them in. Their culture is kind of appearances-based, so maybe that has something to do with it: it is important to have the people looking busy and working, whether they're doing anything worthy or not.

desu a macbook is more reasonable than the typical cheapest lenovo/acer that normies usually buy

Xperia has that remaining 30%.

You either see Xperia or iPhones on the train. Everything else has minimal numbers.

I think I have seen 2 Samsung devices in the last year.

Stop browsing Sup Forums and get back to work, Kojima.

Show me a good non-japan camera
You can't

True

Leica? I mean say what you want about their modern-day target demographic but their cameras and especially optics are amazing

Keep them.

Even with the breaking band they are the bedt ANC on the market.

As long as you are a mongoloid they wont break either.

nip monkeys are only good at stealing

You mean insurance sales.

In reality though, their phones and cameras are actually doing okay.

Who buys cameras these days now that everyone has smartphones?

Top of the line shit is either US or European.

Well, we also haven't all innovated a whole new world of products in Europe, it's just still simply doing the old shit well and only a bunch of new things / improvements?

But unlike with Japan, I find it fucking easy to do business -even as a small time retail customer- with most European or US companies.

You want a random piece of furniture ordered from overseas? Mostly just ask to give the company manufacturing it to establish some quote for shipping it and a method for paying it. Even various retailers will do this kind of stuff.

Trying to do this with Japan? Ugh. Better find a inside-Japan proxy shipping service in advance - they're far more often than not just going to refuse to ship anything internationally.

Leica hasn't been relevant in decades.

They are a fashion brand now.

MILC and DSLR are still orders of magnitude better than smartphones.

Smartphones only really replace point and shoot cameras. Yes, that's what a lot of people used, but never really the professionals and hobbyists - and that's the same today.