Is it viable to use one of these as a multipurpose computer(e.g...

Is it viable to use one of these as a multipurpose computer(e.g. using it as both my torrent server and my Kodi media center)? What accessories should I get if I want one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PPAqpYiCPw4
hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145197048960
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, it's too slow to do all, get a NUC.

Odroid master race

if your considering a PI, take a look at this video before you buy.
it's the RPi4. you might be better off with and Odroid or similar, depending on how much software support you want.
youtube.com/watch?v=PPAqpYiCPw4

I'm planning on buying one of these and try making a small storage server with it for personal use. I have a general idea of what I want to do, but I don't really know what I'm getting into. At the very least, I want to learn how to set up RAID disks.

if you can program the GPIOs you can implement nice electronics projects; some mini pc would be the better option if you don't need those and just want to run a server

It's going to be fairly slow and suboptimal, but a good cheap learning experience. Go for it, user>

>media center
Get a longer HDMI cable instead.

>torrent server
Run that on a NAS or PC.

If you're into masochism, get the Pi.

april 1st

소ㅑㄴ

this

>100mbps ethernet
No thanks

Both can be done at the same time. I did it on my Pi 2
100 Mbps NIC is quite not cool though.

If you want to do all that and then some, get an Odroid C2.

For anyone who's interested I just bought one from arrow dot com yesterday and they're doing free overnight shipping over $20. Mine has already been delivered

I live in a nigger country and 100 Mbps is more than I get on average.

Yes, but be aware of its limitations (like slow IO)

RAID with external USB drives?

We're talking about lan speeds, not Internet speeds. 100Mbps is really slow to transfer/stream files between computers

>RAID with external USB drives?
I want to try something SATA -> USB. I'm not very fond of external USB drives.

Most external USB drivers are just regular sata 2.5" drives with an USB adapter inside a nice case. Try opening one yourself

What everyone else said. It's gonna be slow, just get 2 if that's what you want to do, one for torrents one for KODI, but in all honesty it's only good enough for kodi if you want to host a decent amount of decently sized torrents its going to be SLOW.

can this work on a RPi3?

hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145197048960

>hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145197048960
Yes but so would any external usb hd enclosure

Joke video.
But I hope the rpi4 has USB 3