Why don't Americans have train culture?

Why don't Americans have train culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

therisingwasabi.com/ted-cruz-ends-presidential-campaign-by-gunning-down-his-565-delegates/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you ever did this, your childhood was awesome

Because we're free and like to drive ourselves, not let someone else drive us around.

on ya georgie-boy

>train culture
You know a country is backwards as shit when they're wondering why the US isn't stuck in the wild west days.

No we don't.

the ghan, indian pacific and the overland are all touristy with tourist prices and not really for commuters

>entire country was covered in train tracks
>there was even a station in my tiny ass village
>get independence
>the new government closes tons of stations
>tracks fall into disrepair
>modern train journeys are expensive as shit
>modern train drivers are overpaid, entitled fucks that keep going on strike

>reverse image search
>guns and bacon and gun bacon

therisingwasabi.com/ted-cruz-ends-presidential-campaign-by-gunning-down-his-565-delegates/

what the fuck are you talking about you drooling retard? america has the best freight network in the world, by far. just because americans can afford cars and plain tickets and so don't use this cattle transport for people doesn't mean they don't have train culture.

this is the stupidest thread i've ever seen

>tfw you won't be there when Ted Cruz finally snaps and establishes an evangelical Christian version of ISIS in the Plains states

>The Ghan
>Ghan
>Khan
KHAN'D

Is that the route the Mongolians took when you were KHAN'D?

The Ghan must be boring as fuck

3000km of this

Wish we had better public transport tbqh sick of paying the car insurance jews

How much does it take to go from Darwin to adelaide by train?

also, is there literally nothing in the northwestern coast of australia?

Why snap? I'm getting those delegates Don.

54 hours, 3000 km

National parks and tourism mostly, it is a very isolated place

There's a town called Broome

where's the area in which the city is always infested with deadly spiders?

Sydney if you're talking about the funnel web, it's our biggest city

it's a big city but how can spiders still manage to get into people's houses?

Because they crawl into shoes and dark places, and they get in because most Australians keep a window or door open during summer

Nobody has died from a spider bite here since the 1970s though

When I was down there I met this person who had a big scar/crater on his foot were a spoidah bit him. Apparently he it gave him some fucked up infection and he needed nurses to scrape his dead flesh out of the bite area for weeks. shits fucked.

>>The Ghan Line
Fury death road?

>no passenger rail in Tasmania

JUST

Americans had a train culture. Trains used to be integral for transport of everything. So integral they grew into giant monopolies and that's why Americans adopted the cars so quick - they didn't have to pay the train jew anymore.

I'm glad somebody understands why we aren't a big train country now. Though now our tax dollars subsidize the train jew.

That sounds like a recluse bite that was ignored too long. We get those in the US.

>'murica
>free

Looks really fucking inefficient and convoluted m8

You and all the other 12 Tasmanians aren't missing out

calm down

only because australia is a barren shithole, it would make sense in america

>54 hours, 3000 km

But I want to go to northwest Australia.....Do I have to fucking walk or is there a bus?

>12

500,000 STRONK

Best to take a bike or you might end up getting your boypussy smashed by cannibalistic abos

If you don't live in the light green regions, you should probably kill yourself right now

Kimberley is where I want to be I'm not intimidated

what if the train breaks down?! terrifying

How much is a ticket from Darwin to Adelaide?

Is there booze on the train?

$1500 up

It's for tourists, nobody in the history of ever has needed to commute from Adelaide to fucking Darwin, and there is booze

If the engine breaks down they just send another one

almost £800, or $0.5/km

Kinda thing I'd like to do just for the sake of it t b h

How about Adelaide > Perth? Price? Time taken?

A train, 3000 miles of desert and nothing to do, sounds like an existential nightmare worth living

you guys need boats, not trains

train will be stocked with water

It'll be the only shade around
Air conditioning will remain in effect for awhile or possibly as long as possible even if the engine stopped

They'll be fine

>miles
km, not miles, I r fool

The corn jew is even worse

About 10 years ago the entire thing got stopped because of flooding and the air force landed a Hercules on a stretch of highway next to it to take the passengers back to Adelaide, the RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service) uses flatter areas as runways in case a local gets bitten by a taipan or something

the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch? say that to my face irl not online

calm down

neat

I guess as STRAYA is a developed anglo country you'd have this kind of shit down

Those tourists look so British it's funny

probably just locals who live in the middle of nowhere

yh, they're not bongs m8 dressed wrong