Ok non-gamers, why do you not own a gpd pocket yet?

Ok non-gamers, why do you not own a gpd pocket yet?
D-don't you try to be productive on the go?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01LT692RK)
reddit.com/r/gpdwin/comments/6dd51u/how_gpd_is_scamming_me_out_of_62_on_a_doa_gpd_win/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never
Trust
Chink
Shit

I try to be productive for 8 hours when I'm at work. The rest of the day I spend resting (or try to). That's how majority of grown ups function.

>Oh damn, nipple
But seriously, I have my doubts on performance/long-term durability

because I'd rather accept the greater weight and bulk of a proper laptop in order to get the larger, easier-to-read screen and proper keyboard. Typing on a small keyboard is annoying and error-prone.

>be productive on the go
just get an X220

Overpriced chinkshit with tiny screen, shitty nub placement, awful keyboard layout and no way to touchtype on it. Sounds like productivity to me!

My hands are so big I probably can't even type correctly on such a small keyboard

because although it looks cool, i'd just wind up using my laptop anyway. the thing is big enough that i'd have to carry it in a backpack/manpurse, so why wouldn't i just pack my laptop like i normally do?

I don't get screens smaller than 15 inches, and it's not like I have twink arms that can't carry more than a kilo.

Do these people not realize how shitty and fake it makes their scamstarter look when all their usage pics are poorly photoshopped?

Also, what the fuck do you need an 8 inch computer for?

12.1 inches is the optimal size for portability and daily use.

Because I'm not an autistic attentionwhore who thinks he looks cool with this stupid bullshit.

Because it made too many concessions on trying to get a full keyboard and the clitmouse placement is fucking retarded

>Retail price $599

I was reading the image left to right so I didn't immediately see the guy in the trench coat.

>12.1 inches is the optimal size for portability and daily use.
disagree, 14" is only slightly bulkier but better for productivity because you can use higher resolutions without scaling

Yea haha it's a scam and a fraud when the product exists and you can buy one today ... Truly a """scamstarter""" product lol

>productivity
>small screens
no

Do you work on your off/free time? Jesus fuck, kill yourself.

>Caps Lock right fucking next to A
>on a not even manlet sized keyboard
yeah, this won't end well

yeah fuck gpd's prices. you can literally get a chink windows tablet and a keyboard for under $100.

>don't you try to be productive on the go?
No, I don't. When I drive to work I, well, drive.
And if your conception of doing productive IT work involves a tiny-ass computer rather than a well-equipped workstation with at least 3 monitors (or a decent ultrawide) you're either a delusional NEET, or a complete retard that will soon be replaced by an outsourced Indian.

has it been properly reviewed yet

>12.1 inches is the optimal size for portability and daily use.
13-14 makes a lot more sense

Yes you're right a laptop like this is the only way to be productive on a laptop

>being productive on

>13-14 makes a lot more sense
This. Especially now that there's a focus on shrinking bezels. It's the best size for a proper keyboard layout.

>got an acer c720
>erased all the chrome shit
>run xubuntu on it with lovely firefox
>watchin netflix in style
>no actual need for a new computer until 2025
>cost me $140 to get it used
>mfw

or you know any other laptop that isn't the size of a phone

>Productive on the go
>on the go
Sounds like gay millennial buzzword meme shit. I have a desktop at work. I can also SSH into it from my desktop at home. I don't ever have a reason to work "on the go."

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said being on a laptop is productive - because it fucking isn't. I do all my work on a workstation with 5 monitors with a great mechanical keyboard. Why would I ever use a laptop? Even if I didn't drive to work, I'd rather sleep or read a book than work on a shitty laptop on a train. It's counterproductive is what it is.

>got a Thinkpad T30
>glorius 1400x1050 4:3 screen
>bought battery and 2gb ram kit
>to run lovely gentoo
>no need for new computer until 2030
>cost me total of 60$
>mfw it's already 15 years old

Nothing personal kid

anything smaller than the x220 is too small.

Truly the patrician choice (apart from used Thinkpads or Elitebooks) for those on a budget. The display is pretty shit, but IPS upgrade options are available quite cheaply. Running Arch on mine. A new one cost me ~220 € including shipping etc. back in the day. Battery is holding up nicely too. Shame the 4 GB model was never available where I live. Not sure if anywhere in Europe had it.

Waiting for mine to ship. Definitely a dice roll to back it, but so far the reviews have been good.

I don't think it is the right fit for everyone but definitely fills a niche roll for me. Personally I need a device that is convenient to slip in my bag that is more capable than a tablet for when I'm away from my desktop at home and for things I don't want to do on my work laptop.

>I was reading the image
lolwut

That pic never gets old
Holy shit

keyboar layout is jewish

>thinkpad
>top lel
>you got what you paid for, and then some more!

me on the left

>implying that shitty chromebook has convenience when compared to thinkpad
Nothing if you don't like nipples

Mods, seriously, I get that you think that a paid political organization constantly raiding boards with an army of third-world spamposters is somehow okay, but exactly how is
>hey guys, have you tried the great new X yet?
not obviousy viral marketing and categorically forbidden by format? Why is it allowed to effectively type "buy my product" and nothing else?

Because my Midori Traveller's notebook and a pen fit me much better.

It's too small to type.

I have a x220

This a technology board made for the discussion of technology products, most notably those with the highest caliber of quality: the model m keyboard, the thinkpad, and now the gpd pocket

It's too expensive.

Thats what my thinkpad is for, I am neither a manlet or script kiddie so I have big hands and do a fair bit of actually useful programming on the go.

post more /fa/ inspo plz

I don't even own a laptop.
Unless there's a Realforce and EIZO hooked up, what could you possibly do that's productive?

Is there anything smaller than the x220 that still doesn't feel like a piece of shit?

Can do away with the touchpad obviously.

But the question is: Can it run Solus?

keyboard for ants

this.

i can get a used eee pc or ideapad for half that price with better specs and a non-shit keyboard, and it'll serve the exact same purpose, plus those are both abundant enough that if something breaks i can repair it myself.

It's a good idea in theory but the current demand doesn't justify the price point. It's not being marketed as a tiny tablet replacement for facebook/youtube/reddit, it's being marketed for powerusers on the go. And most of them already have a similar device that performs better, costs less, and can be repaired/replaced easily.

>have a girl's hands near it to make you think it will actually be usable when a man's fingers will press four keys at once

how easy is it to install a given distro on chromebooks?

i've been eyeballing this for a while (amazon.com/dp/B01LT692RK) as a little workhorse laptop i can take on the go, but i've been ignoring Chromebooks as last i heard they were a bitch to reformat and install an actual operating system on.

are there any good non chink companies that are coming out with a clone of these any time soon?

Honestly the only way to be nearly as productive on a laptop as a workstation is to have a touchscreen which is comparable to mouse speeds. Getting a babby netbook is like working on a gameboy.

Wǒ hén hǎo, shill

This. Unless you wanna bang out a nice custom daemon in *sh, but that's not a daily occurrence.

Because I am on the Dragonbox Pyra preorder.
GPD has never had good design, good developers, or quality control, nor customer service.
If you buy from ED you get most of that fixed, but then again why wouldn't you get the non slave labour device he makes himself instead.
Not me, but:
reddit.com/r/gpdwin/comments/6dd51u/how_gpd_is_scamming_me_out_of_62_on_a_doa_gpd_win/

The GPD win et al. are clones of the openpandora. The Pyra is as European as you will get.

Then again walking around listening to your X200 mustard edition, or using it on the bus etc. isn't as handy.

sorry i already have the best ultra portable

>being productive on that tiny of a screen
lmao?

Disclaimer: The model whose hand is being shown is 5' 0"

>browser for ants

>the nipple interrupts the space bar
>the space bar is 2 separate buttons because of this
>the nip doesn't even have a middle button for scrolling
>the nip isn't between g and h and above b, meaning that it's not even at your fingers at any time, which is what makes trackpoints good
wow it's like they saw that nerds like trackpoints but never actually bothered to understand why
also, never ever ever

>Triggered russians detected

did you do anything with the battery or do you just bring a portable/extra around with it

You mean don't use any technology made after 2003?

A fucking laptop

I can be far more productive with my 17 inch System76 Kudu laptop. No need to cramp my fingers together on such a tiny keyboard.

>keyboard this small
>productive
I'm not a cripple and can effortlessly carry a 15'6 laptop with a mouse and a charger every day.

>fashionable
>fashion
>fashion
Memebook for meme "HTML programmers" dwelling in memebucks.

Please avoid using the term "photoshop" as a verb, meaning any kind of photo manipulation or image editing in general. Photoshop is simply the name of one particular image editing program, which should be avoided since it is proprietary. There are plenty of free programs for editing images, such as the GIMP.

*opens laptop*
hey girls whAT"S UP/

Gorilla hands here too.
Good thing there is a USB port for a USB-Keyboard. But what would be the point if you're going to treat it as a stationary when it's for portable usage.

false, this is modeled by a built alpha male

>$469
>for functionality that can be recreated with a $40 thinkpad on ebay
>doesn't even respect your freedoms

No, Richard, the term is a reference to the actual photo editing suites that existed well before the existence of the software by the same name.

You must be hungry, that's why your autism is acting up. Have some of your toe jam, that ought to do the trick.

I wanted one a LONG time ago when they were in their heyday, but then I got a computer and my want for one died.
Considering the only use one would have for me in public/on the go is an emulation box, it's hard for me to justify one over a modded raspberry pi.
and also any entertainment function a mini computer would have for me is doable on a cellphone cements its uselessness.

I don't go anywhere

If it had a Core M/Y-series processor it might be worth looking at for the money. Especially if it had a dock accessory.

>dat keyboard
>productive
Ok.

My wife in the middle.

I have bad sight and refusse to use glasses or lens

Literally what kind of remotely productive work could you possibly do on that shit.
Even my 14" laptop is mostly used for TV shows and browsing because I'd rather use a shitty desktop from my uni over it for actual work.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
isn't productive work btw.

Just get an X200

>HEY GUYS THIS IS AUSTIN

plugging a mechanical keyboard into a tablet just makes more sense

>HEY GUYS THIS IS AUTISM

But the majority of tech is made in China... sooooooo?

i thought Sup Forums was all about the thinkpads

Me on the left

Fixed OS.
The appeal of small size is the ease to switch to different OS, Like the RPi.

Also fans.

I'm 35 and I can't afford forcing my eyes even more.

When you're never on the go, you never need portable stuff.