/mkg/ Mechanical Keyboard General

Topre is a fucking meme edition

I just bought a BTC 5100 off ebay for like £30 and prefer it to my hhkb pro 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Backlit-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B01K4GNLMS
aliexpress.com/item/Plum84-white-LED-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-gaterom-mx-brown-blue-red-compact-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/32767632458.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2414
linustechtips.com/main/topic/505784-ducky-pbt-vs-vortex-backlit-doubleshot-pbt/
geekhack
aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/60602089/
deskthority.net/wiki/BTC_5100
youtube.com/watch?v=RgdHRoVqdQM
ebay.com/itm/New-In-Box-BTC-5100C-DIN-5-Pin-Mini-Compact-Keyboard-/162517090277
corsair.com/en-us/certified-refurb?c=keyboards
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone else tried the cherry mx silent keys on some corsair keyboards? I know corsair isn't in line with most /mkg/ thinking, but they honestly feel great. Quick response like mx reds but a little more squishy like browns

just got in a group buy for mx silent blacks, will report back after I get them and spring swap

So guys my current keyboard has 15 dedicated macro buttons runs on 1001mhz and has pink-blue-red light option

Is there something mechanical that can beat it under 50 euro bucks avaible in slavic countries?

amazon.co.uk/Backlit-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B01K4GNLMS

Damn if it did not have such ugly font It would be instant buy for me.
I still consider it because it has Hard Drive Size 750 GB

and my ssd is only 500gb,this keyboard would more than double my avaible space.

lmao

how about this, a bit more expensive but decent quality keycaps

the backlighting looks like shit but white keycaps are easier to see in the dark without backlighting

aliexpress.com/item/Plum84-white-LED-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-gaterom-mx-brown-blue-red-compact-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/32767632458.html

I like it,it is clean i heard gaterons are pretty good,i m little scared browns will be loud.

Now how to get it without paying 150$

Can i ask seller to type "18$ microsoft keyboard" or something like that?

things over 20$ get opened and you gotta pay 5$manipulation fee 70$ trade fee and 10$ fee for each day you do not pay fee above.

Slavic shitholes are the worst shitholes.

yes you can ask the seller if they can mark down the declared price on the shipment. won't hurt to ask at least.

Pic of both keyboards side by side?

I wonder how do these round keycaps compare to normal ones . It is long time ago I've touched type-writer.

except how can you prefer the look of that over this?

Anyone here designed their own keyboard? I mean designing the PCB, case, etc. I'd like a wireless split with thumb clusters but I haven't found one I like so I'm thinking of doing my own.

Wou that is really ugly.Maybe if you add pink,dress yourself in girl clothers and make cute pictures with it then it could somehow work.

Thinking of going in for Carbon SA, see how those tall caps feel vs Cherry profile.

Why do you not use fastest keyboard in the world /g?
What is your excuse to be slow?

fyi the chinks are making them too. still expensive but it's PBT

Yeah probably because chinks make all caps .
Retro PBT set for 25$ on aliexpress looks nice,side font/blank Only negative thing i can say is they do not make decent light-thru but lights are for faggots anyway,people who use keyboard do not look at it.

>buy ducky one with ABS keycaps
>1 day later after my order is shipped they add the PBT version

ouch

at least you have an excuse to get a fancy color theme PBT keycap set when the ABS has gotten shiny

link

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2414

as far as default keycaps go i think it would be fair to assume that both versions are trash. i know the pbt ones have weird light passthrough

are the PBT ones opaque?
>linustechtips.com/main/topic/505784-ducky-pbt-vs-vortex-backlit-doubleshot-pbt/

i wish they would do the legends in translucent POM or ABS or something

Reminder not to fall for the colemak meme

not fully opaque, some keys have tiny black (opaque) squares in random positions that occlude the light, some keys don't have them at all. i'm not sure how keycaps are made but it's probably cheaper this way or something

Should I pick up an aluminum case for my TADA68 or some of these chink blank DSA keycaps? I like the stock ones, but a handful of them don't completely block the backlights for some reason, though I doubt these are going to be any different.

geekhack
.org/index.php?topic=66567.0

also relevant for if you want this backlighting effect

I have a pok3r but I don't enjoy bringing it back and forth from the office. I was looking at getting a ducky one. I was going to keep the pok3r at the office and have the ducky at home for general use. Is ducky a good buy or should I go for something else?

It's probably going to be a pain to do that considering the short low profile of the stock keycaps, but I might try it. Thanks for the link user.

ducky one isn't bad but for example tada 68 comes with nice thick pbt keycaps and you might prefer the more compact layout

aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/2230037_32807055607.html

guess I'll ask here. Should I wait for any of those expensive group buys, or is there some new option that is going to be released soon on taobao

What happened to the other thread?

It had keyboards in it.

fell off page 10

Just bought a white/black blank set of the g20 lp keycaps.

$50. Did I fuckup? It's going on my pok3r and I think it'll be nice.

I just made a post an hour ago, and I wasn't even the last poster. It got pruned for some reason.

Maybe it was slow enough or reaching post limit with another general already up. Few hours ago this thread was already here.

Should I try Gateron Browns if I love ergoclears and despise Cherry RGB Browns?

are you talking about this thread?

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/60602089/

the last post was 4+ hours ago and it got archived on Sup Forums not deleted

Weird, 4 hours to fall off page 10? That's insane.

What's a good tkl keyboard? Tkl as in still has f-keys and arrow keys.

>BTC feels better than Topre

Really user? I've never typed on the BTC but typing sessions on my Topre feels better than sex. I keep going back to it despite owning several Gateron and Cherry boards.

I can't imagine that a $30 rubberdome is better than a $200 Topre.

The Planck on the other hand is a fucking travesty.

Already done, years ago in fact. Colemak is comfy as hell.

drevo gramr ($40)
plum 84 ($70 with gateron switches, also comes with topre clones)
noppoo choc mini ($75 with gateron switches)
KBD75 ($168 without keycaps)

they come in different versions, not just rubber dome

deskthority.net/wiki/BTC_5100

>I can't imagine that a $30 rubberdome is better than a $200 rubberdome
Imagine falling for the price = quality meme this hard.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but the Topre is better than any mech I've ever used despite being rubber dome.

I guess it comes down to a matter of taste.

My point is that it's absurd to boil down how good something can be to the price.

especially when the BTC keyboard probably cost more when it was new

seems a lot of people are saying it's a good/great topre alternative especially considering the price

youtube.com/watch?v=RgdHRoVqdQM

does anyone know/have a keyboard with mostly light grey buttons but also has red and blue ones toward the center?

Gamer

>it hurts so much but I flipped the spacebar so it's okay

This is why I cringe every time I see a flipped spacebar. Enjoy your wrist pain.

>tfw just bought a novatouch
poorfags will never experience this smoothness

My WASD is still in perfect condition and works beautifully despite Sup Forums saying they are 'shit'.

You guys need a new hobby

>novatouch
Lol what a poorfag. Might as well buy a realforce for the better everything

I got it cheap so I'm not complaining, might change the case though desu

Wasd custom keycaps are shit, their keyboards are fine, albeit they are overpriced a bit.

>I can't imagine that a $30 rubberdome is better than a $200 Topre.

the price of hhkb/topre isn't indicative of anything other than the markup pfu/topre charge for the sticker, pfu charge $90 extra for the type-s hhkb models which is literally just some foam padding for the upstroke, I get that there's additional labour involved during the assembly but the type-s models are notorious for having quality control issues with the left shift in particular not having nearly as much silencing(due to a lack of stabilisers) -- would you pay $90 extra from the retailer for a badly done oring or soft landing pad mod cherry keyboard?

if you want an example of how cheap topre boards can be look at cooler master novatouch boards before they were discontinued, the uk iso model novatouch was frequently on sale for less than you can typically buy genuine cherry keyboards for - about £65-70, not the usual £150 minimum for us ansi realforce boards, or £200 minimum for a uk iso topre board, or even £180 ish for a hhkb not including £40 ish minimum if they don't cheat customs too much, or even £250 for a hhkb type-s

>can't imagine that a $30 rubberdome is better than a $200 Topre.
Well BTC keyboards were $120 back in 1996

>want to buy some nice PBT keycaps
>$40 for a decent set which is 40% of the price of a full new keyboard

clean your keyboard

Is there a good guide on making your own keyboard?

Yes

Just get some switches and wire them together it's not hard

Fuk mk

>buying all this useless shit
Why the fuck would anyone buy anything other than a HHKB or a topre board?

probably because they don't want to type on rubber shit

>wanting to type on cheap plastic
MX switches objectively feel cheap and the bottoming out sucks compared to topre. For prolong typing, like programming, topres are much better.

yeah if you're a chastity cage connoisseur
bottoming out LMAO

>RedScarf with the 60%+numpad layout finally shows up on massdrop
>fucktarded brass feet only
>your choice of ugly, stupidly flexible white fibreglass or ugly, flexible, overpriced carbon fibre for plates
Why can't they just offer normal shit

>dome collapses, resistance disappears
>can't slow down, bottom out hard
>thock thock thock
>eventually develop tendinitis

I wanted to get a Filco Majestouch-2 TKL but it's hard to get one in my country
So i decided to get wether a Lioncast LK20 or LK30
Is it a good desicion and which one should i get?

Those look pretty good, if you're gaming, get browns over blues though.

There's a spring that pushes your finger back up. It doesn't bottom out hard, it's a nice soft cushioned landing. If you weren't such a poordag you'd be able to afford a topre board turbonerd.

I thought the choc mini was an 80% not TKL

I have an HHKB and I just like the stiffness of cherry clears better. Don't get me wrong, I love my HHKB, but I'm not going to pretend that Topre is better than cherry mx switches because I spent $200 on the board.

Topre spring only add 5g.

80% is TKL. Choc mini is a 75% though.

Fuck you Sweden

I'm so Godddamn jelly

Holy shit I want it so fucking bad. That's the sickest keyboard.
Anyway;

Nth for 75%

Anyone here designed their own keyboard? i.e. PCB, case, etc.? I want a wireless split ortholinear keyboard with button clusters for the thumbs but none of the ones I've seen are quite what I want

Opinions on logitech's romer g switches? Looking at the g pro (the only tkl modey they have) specifically.

>get browns over blues though
Please elaborate
I heared blues are good for gaming but they have a senseable click point why i doubt the statement
Also i'm worried that the browns will be too soft for my taste

There are options like that out there. Just know if you do want all those features prepare to spend a lot of money

How much money? Like $200-300?

what keys are these? Please respond

Carbon you moron. They come in several profiles

If you build it out of cardbord, and hand wire the whole thing together you can probably build one for 150 bucks. If you want a PCB and case then add another 300 bucks

>I heared blues are good for gaming
Don't know where you heard that but blues are bad for double tap. Browns is the best for gaming.

If you think browns are too soft for you, try cherry clear.

I find it much better for prolong typing, it's much more forgiving then the cherries I've tried.
And the layout is super nice especially since I'm a heavy emacs user with a slight modification.

There's no "gaming" switch, anything you decide to get is going to work. Blues are only slightly worse if you play stuff like rhythm games or anything that requires you to double tap the same key really fast, because you need to wait for the switch to reset in order to actuate it again. They still feel the best to type on, but if double tap is a concern, either get browns, which still have some tactile feedback, or a linear switch like a red or black.

Is the BTC 5100C the one with mech switches? Those are the only ones I can find on ebay.

ebay.com/itm/New-In-Box-BTC-5100C-DIN-5-Pin-Mini-Compact-Keyboard-/162517090277

nice strawman argument intellectually dishonest mentally ill RETARD

you can have shit form with or without flipping the spacebar

reminder that different parts of your body are shaped differently

reminder that the spacebar is allowed to be neutral or angled toward you. there is nothing that says it has to be angled away from you.

FLIPPED SPACEBAR MASTER RACE AMIRITE

reminder that the cherry/OEM profile bottom row is sculpted for your fingers, not for your thumbs

corsair.com/en-us/certified-refurb?c=keyboards

so all of these are on sale

anyone know a good one to pick up for a firs time mech keyboard? i'm not really sure what switches i want, i play games but mostly write code. i have roommates so i'd like to keep the clacking reasonable