WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL THE 580s?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL THE 580s?
IT'S SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE AND 480s ARE OVERPRICED

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/MSI-RX-580-GAMING-8G/dp/B06ZXRZ4V4/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1495842236&sr=1-4&keywords=rx 580
amazon.de/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-Grafikkarte/dp/B01IOPQ1VO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1495842526&sr=1-1&keywords=msi gtx 1060 6gb
techpowerup.com/196320/why-the-litecoin-craze-hurts-more-than-helps-brand-amd-radeon
gamersnexus.net/guides/2519-gtx-1060-sli-benchmark-in-ashes-multi-gpu
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>buy 480
>flash it to 580
aahahahaha

I'll sell you a 480, m8.

i never looked at the 580's. Are they just as fast a 1070?

ETH miners
not kidding

/Thread

/you

Where's Vega is the important question

If AMD always sells cards like hotcakes thanks to the miners, to the point they become really hard to find, unlike nvidia (so AMD should be selling much more cards than them) why do they still report negative profit every quarter?

ETH isn't eaten up by asic miners yet?

Cause Debt and they spend too much money, I think that's gonna change this year with EBYN also Ryzen wasn't in 1st qt ER

Just suck off a guy at some local store and ask him to put one aside for you when they come in.

can't use asics on eth

my friends and i bought like 20 580s on amazon to mine eth
sorry bud. you can buy them from me once it goes proof of stake though

Just get a 1060.

i thought the 480 was supposed to be 200 dollars when it was supposed to come out
the fuck happened, how did it get so jewed?

The 480/580 are feces

>AMD always fucking kept away from my grasp by fucking cryptofags

FML, what will it take for AMD to capitalize on this and release a gaming card and with auto gimping of crypto faggotry, and an ungimped version for cryptofags to fight over.

Why would they kill themselves like this?
I've ordered pulse 580 for 250$ what is cheapest you can get here[21%vat]
In america I guess you can get pulse 580 for 200$ [8gb version]

electronics are always cheaper in the US
fuck those niggers

go away img_xxxx

Stuff may be cheaper in the US usually, but then we have much higher healthcare cost so a majority of our population is actually quite poor. Most of the Euro zone has excellent healthcare because of the VAT.

And if you are healthy young male such as myself, you can get cheap goods and not buy heath insurance for the best of both worlds.

they are around 1060 level

i dont get it. Here in germany the rx580 is around the same price like the 1060 , but in all reviews the 1060 outperforms the rx580.

why should i buy the rx580 ??

No, it doesn't.
Even overclocked.

i am interested. can you show something. i read here that the rx580>1060 but i never saw data to back it up

The rx 580 8gb and the gtx 1060 6gb are pretty much interchangeable, it depends on the game. Some people say to get the rx 580 because it supports DX12 better, but that's probably a non issue for the next few years, and by then you'll probably be buying a new GPU anyway

rx 580 - 291.68

amazon.de/MSI-RX-580-GAMING-8G/dp/B06ZXRZ4V4/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1495842236&sr=1-4&keywords=rx 580

gtx 1060 - 296.70

amazon.de/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-Grafikkarte/dp/B01IOPQ1VO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1495842526&sr=1-1&keywords=msi gtx 1060 6gb

I was faced with the same question, only with the RX480 and 1060.

Since the 1060 had ShadowPlay, CUDA, PhysX, NVENC, DSR and all that shit (and Linux/BSD support, even with SLI), I went with Nvidia.

Since then I realized the 480 might have performed a bit better in Vulkan/DX12, but there is only Doom out there. Which runs perfectly fucking fine with the 1060.

Btw a few tips:
- Gigabyte has a model which is short, has 3yr warranty, and on/off fans.
- Zotac has a similar spec model with 2yr warranty.
- ASUS's short card has no on/off, but 3yr warranty.

I went with the shortest ones because the difference is marginal and who cares about stupid LEDs on the side and shit. (So I picked the Gigabyte because it had the best features/most warranty. But maybe in Germany Zotac also offers 3yrs, dunno.)

the 580 is cheaper in my country

>all the amd cards at my local microcenter are out of stock when they used to have a shitload of them only a month ago
w-what's going on bro's? the only shit left are the 7970/7950 rebrands and the low end 460/560 garbage.

Blame minerfags

Cryptoniggers killing AMD again

>cards are out of stock
>this somehow kills amd
kek

>people who want to buy AMD GPUs now have to go Nvidia
>normalfags believe AMD has production issues, lowering company trust
>miners after they're done dump the GPUs on ebay for pennies and AMD gets nothing from it

It's a short term gain, but a long term loss.

Why would you want it over 1060?

if it weren't for the booming cryptomarket, amd would be kill a long time ago, you massive nigger faggot

good news bro's, they still have the golden sample red devils left.

>normalfags believe AMD has production issues
To the extent that they can't keep up with actual demand, that is not an untruth.
>miners after they're done dump the GPUs on ebay for pennies and AMD gets nothing from it
How is this somehow unfair? AMD already got the purchase price for the card.

I don't get it, Norway has a huge surplus of all radeon cards, where are you guys looking for them?

It's because a lot of those will opt for penny-cheap second hand cards now since the market is flooded with them instead of new ones.

So what? That still means that the new cards are being bought.

In less quantities.

Less quantities than what? Clearly, they can't produce enough to keep up with demand.

LESS QUANTITIES THAN A REGULAR QUARTER OF SALES, CRYPTOMINERS FUCKING DON'T HAVE ANY STAYING POWER, PEOPLE WHO GENUINELY WANT TO BUY AMD'S GPUS TURN TO OTHER COMPANIES AND THAT'S A LONG TERM LOSS AS THEY'RE LESS LIKELY TO BUY THEIR NEXT UPGRADE.

IN SHORT
FUCK YOU

>cryptofag buys new AMD card, gaymer later buys it from him
>cryptofag buys new AMD card, gaymer buys new NV card instead
>cryptofag buys no card, gaymer buys new AMD card
In all these cases, one new AMD card is being bought.

>one new AMD card is being bought.
Instead of a potential two.

But the gaymer only bought old and NV because there was no more AMD cards available, so two was never an option.

rx480 is underpowered garbage
rx580 is the only true answer

techpowerup.com/196320/why-the-litecoin-craze-hurts-more-than-helps-brand-amd-radeon

AMD recently said themselves that it hurts them more long term, I don't know why he's arguing with you

i still dont understand why people would want a poorfag non-CUDA AMD card

In case you didn't notice, that article only discussed pricing of AMD cards, not actual shortage, which is what was originally discussed in OP and .

wew lad delete this

fuck i meant to post this

In Hungary, 480/580s are like $30-40 more expensive than 1060s.

>PhysX dead tech because Nvidia was an ass about it
>SLI yeah... you do know there no SLI support on the 1060 right ??

>1340 mhz
u wot
my 480 sits on a chill 1350 for 24/7 use and can even go as high as 1450 with a little voltage boost
I thought those 580s could clock at least 1400 on default, such useless series desu

gamersnexus.net/guides/2519-gtx-1060-sli-benchmark-in-ashes-multi-gpu

the reason there is no 1060 sli support is because it would btfo the overpriced 1070+1080
and the 1080ti on a price per performance ratio

wtf what does all that words mean, is AMD that behind?

>ShadowPlay
amd has an equivalent
>CUDA
i give that to you
>PhysX
Physx is dead for several years already
>NVENC
dunno about this for amd
>DSR
amd does have an equivalent for this too

amd provides the same features
most of which you will literally not use because noone on Sup Forums who talks about gpus works in an environment wherein things like cuda would be used

>people still mine buttcoins
I thought it was far too late to even make a profit off that anymore?

Same no microcenter near me, but I went to abkut 4 best buys one being in bum fuck no where (took about an hour and half to get there thankfully I was also there for another reason) everything from AMD was sold out except for the 460 and 560s. Tons of Nvidia cards tho.

>miners after they're done dump the GPUs on ebay
Which further reduces brand trust because the cards are beat with noisy fans and roasted thermal paste.

I got a 309x for a screaming deal, I'm pretty sure it was mining it's entire life. Still under $200 with an arctic cooler on it but it was beat when it showed up. fan bearings were scratchy as hell.

Whats the performance gain of 580 over a 480? 2fps? 10?

What's special about mining with GPUs? Why not CPUs?

Something like 10% more

>Sapphire Radeon Rx580 Nitro+ 8GB
$375
>MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
$375

Feels bad living in a third world country, should I go for the 8GB? Will it last me more?

Yes, it'll do you for 1440p. The 1060 will crap out at that res.

I still don't understand how mining crypto currency even works..

Its like a 5-7 fps difference depending on game. I got a 480 in black friday last year and am kinda annoyed I didn't wait, but it really makes very little difference.
Basically GPUs are much better suited at repetitive tasks and much higher instructions per clock. CPUs have 4-8 complex cores while GPUs have thousands of simple ones.

>GPU mining in the current year

Youare better off day trading cryptos

Literally wasting your money

mining ethereum is currently profitable, especially with the recent price levels with which hashrates have yet to adjust.
me and my buddies have free power, bought around 20 580s (and ordering more). super profitable.

i was actually going to buy a 480 but i heard 580's were coming out soon so i'd wait for them.
boy what a fucking mistake.
you can't even buy 480's anymore since they stopped making them and i missed out on all those cheap 480s before the 580's launched.
who would have guessed those buttcoin mining fucks could ruin everything?

might actually buy a 1060 now because of this faggot ass shit.

>who would have guessed those buttcoin mining fucks could ruin everything?
You really think that they have bough that amount of cards? Considering the 480 was basically the same thing.

I wish I can the numbers on cards made. It's far from coin miners being soul buyers of them.
And they'd be buying reference cards most the time. Not chips on custom pcbs for overclocking.
They underclock their cards to maximize cost to performance. So another $30+ for a card is retarded for them.

you gotta realize there are actually entire companies being formed around "mining" cryptofuck coins.

AMD has everything there except CUDA (which is useless for you because OpenCL also exists and performs the same function if you even used it and you probably do not) and PhysX which is dead, but technically AMD can do it and they do have a compute capable ASIC as well, but nvidia threw a tantrum over developers using any other physics hardware/compute options.
>Buying used video cards
>Buying used from a retarded manlet who used it to mine buttcoins and blew it the fuck out 24/7
Yeah, no thanks.
Yeah, and the ones that aren't done by dumbasses use asics that hash thousands of times faster for far less energy than your meme video gaymer gpu.

lmao look at that hair

Ethereum mining. People only buy AMD GPUs for mining.

Cryptofaggotry is the cancer killing the GPU market.

i recognize that hair. that is the hear of the wannabe business shark whose entire career is hopping from faceless corporation to faceless corporation (always in some middle-manager capacity), spouting off buzzwords and youtube video social-engineering techniques to convince "the higher ups" to invest in his new product line that's "gonna change the game"

i had one at my old company. total fucking tool. looked like fucking guy fieri

>Buying used from a retarded manlet who used it to mine buttcoins and blew it the fuck out 24/7
>implying gpus degrade

I'm gonna be pissed if q2 er results is another fail

Not even 24/7 full load cryptofucked GPUs running in a poorly ventilated room for years?

JUST

Not the GPU itself. In the worst case you may have to replace the fan and/or the thermal paste.

Well yeah , Since when did Nvidia Care for it's Customers ?
Do we need to mentioned the ghost of the 780 ti ?
Nvidia isn't out there for you at the end of the day. Neither is AMD but one is making clear movement against the customers.

Or redo all the failed solder joints that have cracked because of the constant thermal stress of being in a cryptonigger environment. You know, that tedious little bit of bullshit.

On this note, single case but still.
Bought an ex-miner 280x around an year ago. Cleaned it, replaced thermal paste, result was pretty fucking good, low 70ºs on full load. A month after got a really nice deal on a 970, so I got it and sold the 280x to an acquaintance. Then I learned the card died 2 months after that.

Yeah, miner cards are basically ticking time bombs. They're just ruined.

Yeah, there are some parts I just don't buy used, graphics cards are one of them. They're abused and even overclocked as much as cpu's, but don't have their reliability in the slightest. I've dealt with a couple thousand pc's when I was working repair, but only had 2 broken cpu's.

Thermal stress is caused by repeated expansion and contraction from heating and cooling, ie. gaymer workloads. If you're running the GPU constantly, there's no thermal cycling, so that should actually be better. The effect is probably marginal to begin with, though.

Get a 570, niggy

Give me the recipe for concentrated dark matter and I will let you know where to find a 580

GPUs do not get that hot mining. My 1070s reach 70c peak.

None of the bullshit you said happens, the biggest thing you have to look out for is fan bearings.

To be fair my 1070 doesn't even break 60c while playing most games

>until you get cancer or bombed by Ahmed.

captcha = irani edge ln

>same thing

>Since the 1060 had ShadowPlay, CUDA, PhysX, NVENC, DSR and all that shit (and Linux/BSD support, even with SLI), I went with Nvidia.
And oops, then you realized that Nvidia doesn't support Freesync. I feel bad for you.

>your card fries as most of them aren't built for the same power usage
aaaahahaaa

The only reason I went for rx580 is freesync.
I've ordered the cheapest ultra-wide from LG with freesync.
I hope it is not placebo because ppl claim shit like "once you freesync u never go back"
like black penises.