How hard would it be for Google Maps to automatically report people to the police for egregiously speeding...

How hard would it be for Google Maps to automatically report people to the police for egregiously speeding? It seems like a great idea, the police being way better at enforcing the speed limit would drastically reduce accidents.

Other urls found in this thread:

trafficsafetystore.com/blog/who-causes-accidents/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seems like a great idea until you look at the statistics and realize speeding only accounts for 10% of actual accidents, the majority of time when you're speeding your actually being more cautious since your actively scoping your environment and paying attention to the road. and its distracted driving or negligence that accounts for the majority. No reason to give shitty local PDs more money to use it on not actually helping anyone.
Pic unrelated.

>mah accidents
nah, if they were to do that, it's to collect on all dem speeding fine moneys

And that's a bad thing because? More government revenue from criminals paying fines = law abiding citizens have to pay less taxes.

You know how many times you just go a mph over the limit?
I see many people go 5 to 10 mph over the limit and they don't crash.

Friendly reminder that Montana had less crashes and injuries when they had no speed limit vs when speed limits were put up

Try osmand
Answer is yes

>drive somewhere with google maps
>GPS spazzes out
>"Officer I swear I wasn't going 300 miles per hour through that field of corn"

>It seems like a great idea, the police being way better at enforcing the speed limit would drastically reduce accidents.
Banning women, old people and 18year old faggots from driving would drastically reduce accidents as well.

And it's tragically easier to implement.

thats because people is more worried about checking for radars and the speedometer instead of the fuckin road
also, is egregious to have 40 years ago speed limits for modern cars

btw great get

Or...
>Make minor offenders pay more.
>And make taxpayers keep paying the same

>MORE MONEY FOR US!!!

Your idea works in perfect theory, but in application it does not. See the criminialization of marijuana. All that did was ruin peoples lives over a completely harmless drug.

accidents aren't caused by people going fast

only that it would be such a small amount of money that taxes wouldnt be affected at all
just people getting angry because they now cant go over the limit on a new road with no cars on sight...

>women, old people and 18 year olds
The only one that make sense according to statistics is banning 18 year olds but that would just make 22 year olds the dangerous drivers.

trafficsafetystore.com/blog/who-causes-accidents/

its not only the age, but novel drivers being unexpirienced under certain circunstances, not reacting accordingly to dangerous situations and ending on a crash
as you said, banning 18yo would make 20yo the novels, ergo the "dangerous"
(of course 18yo are also more irresponsible, but thats not all of them)

i would ban old people tho, more strict exams atleast and medical examination

>i would ban old people tho, more strict exams atleast and medical examination
Renewing your drivers license every 10 years or so really should be a thing.

>10% less accidents
>not actually helping anyone
Fool!

This is fucking Sup Forums and you suggest this

Checked

in Spain is a thing for old people, but what if he passes and 2 years later gets parkinson or sclerosis, or even cataracts?
he gets to drive for 8 more years? its a difficult matter to legislate and control without harming functional elder people rights to drive

Near impossible. It still sends me to wrong locations at times. Google maps is garbage

he loves the botnet

Women get into the same number of accidents per mile as men.

where do you live that licence renewal isn't a thing?

I think he meant getting a driving exam when you renew the licence

That's a terrible idea as speeding is sometimes justified (i.e. passing a dangerous driver, avoiding collisions, etc.) and maintaining the flow of traffic is way safer than rigidly following the speed limit

woah

WE GOTTA LIVE ONE HERE

> dude weed is harmless lmao
Nice try hippie

Women are much safer drivers than men.

terrible bait. Shoot yourself

If you don't go at least 60 on city streets and 90 on the interstate you're a faggot and the cause of traffic

Nice numbers.

It would be a waste of time because anytime you get a speeding ticket you can take it to a ticket clinic or something for them to fight it in court along with hundreds of other people's tickets

Of that 10% 85%+ are extreme speeding. Not your typical 5mph over. And the ones that are, speeding isn't the cause, but an observation of the total scene.

you know how many dumb cunts I drive passed every day that are staring at the phones in their laps?

Double-digit quads of truth.

Wtf I always drove safe when I was 18

this. I take a freeway with a speed limit of 60 mph most days and people regularly go 75 to 80. People going the speed limit cause slowdowns to the point where they'll actually give you a warning for going significantly slower than surrounding traffic.

Impressive
Very nice

modern cars are better but modern people are as retarded as ever

son, i am amaze

( . )( . )