Security Clearances

>bought drugs off of multiple darkweb sites
>have browsed pretty edgy websites and downloaded sketchy stuff
>posted here for 6 years

Do you think they'll deny my application for Top Secret Clearance or will they never know? I have no criminal history. I really want a government job.

Snowden was an active member of an anime forum
I think you'll be fine user

Which forum? Don't tell me it's MAL

Do you think the government is run by saints? They only trust each other because everyone got shit on everyone else.

If they know they can blackmail you, it means you're reliable.

Neck yourself bootlicking shitskin

Almost certainly will be denied it. You seriously think they want anime drawing forum posters to be viewing sensitive material?

If the recent CIA leaks show anything it's that a lot of government employees working on the digital fronts are weebs.

Sean Spicer has top clearance though

Depends what type of clearance and background check you're doing.

If it's just minor shit like buying small amounts of drugs, it likely wont matter.

However, if you are directed with a specific question, don't fucking lie. Even if your answer is admitting to something dumb like buying drugs online.

When I did my TS, they never asked about my online habits.

The big things they dig into are:
- your financial status
- your criminal record (if you have one)
- your close relatives' financial status and criminal record (think immediate family)

They did contact a few of my professors from college and asked about me.

They will also try to trip you up by asking questions like "when was the last time you used drugs?"
You're meant to answer "I've never used drugs."

Doing cyber security I figure they would ask about online presence. Also I heard you should just tell them you smoked weed a few times in college. I mean I've done LSD like 5 times and smoked weed like 4 times. You think they would care about that?

What's wrong with MAL?

Most normalfag anime communities are shit, now add in a rating system for people to autism over. Just use MAL as a record keeper and nothing else

Okay.
>Just use MAL as a record keeper and nothing else
Pretty much what I do, and to look up info on stuff I plan to watch.

Nope, unless it's FBI or similar.

At this point though if you're doing cyber security type stuff you should be working for a goverment contractor, not an agency directly. Agency pay is capped stupidly low (like $140,000 a year), contractors will pay 50-100k+ more, you just dont get the government pension.

I live in the area and knew several people in high school and university that went on to work for small tech contractors but are on contract for major players (NSA, DoD, DHS, etc)

So the background check in these cases is usually more interested in potential financial issues, ties to other countries, foreign debts, etc.

No you're literally ideal.

>ALL communities are shit
FTFY
No exceptions

Don't believe this guy. He's a normalfag. And a serious bootlicker faggot.

Lie. If you bought drugs online and literally everyone who knows you knows about it then you'll have to hope they're not dumb. Go drill your friends you won't believe what they think is ok telling the investigators..
Yes this guy he know what up.

THE BEST OPTION IS NOT WORKING FOR SHIT GOVERNMENT JOBS WHERE THEY TREAT PEOPLE LIKE SHIT.

Get a real tech job where your boss licks your asshole and you get free shit all the time

I guess you could tell them you smoked weed in college. They probably won't care.
Either way, just keep the story consistent. Really think about what they are asking before you answer.

They will drug test you, so just don't be one of those dumbasses that loses their job because they smoked weed.

For the record I hate marijuana and haven't consumed it in almost 3 years.

Don't bother working for government jobs.

A bunch of my coworkers did it, and they still tell horror stories to this day. You will get a high salary, but you'll be pulling 400 hour months.

Just don't fucking do it, work for a place that gives you free shit and has a nice work life balance. It's just not worth it.