Subwoofer is degenerate Sup Forums?

Subwoofer is degenerate Sup Forums?

Generally you want a larger speaker with lower LFE, rather than getting a sub as a crutch for speakers that fall off at 80hz, until doing so no longer becomes practical.
For instance, you may not want speakers that take up your entire desk, so in a PC speaker setup you pretty much need a sub if you want low frequencies.

Whats wrong with subwoofers?

yea whats wrong with subwoofers?

I hate the look of the Klipshs. Big orange copper speakers don't really go well with any room.

>Sup Forums pozzing up everything with loaded questions
My computer feels unclean already.

See above.

What's with the pol meme, yeah we get it pols full of shit but you sound like a faggot

>post on a old speaker thread
>say I have a sub
>SUBWOOFER ARE FOR NIGGERS, GET MONITOR SPEAKER

>buy call-the-cops tier subwoofer
>turn it up to 11
>cops show up
>mfw

yes. stereo or kys

I'm so glad everyone uses laptops and 2.1 speaker systems are dead

>ayyyy sammy boy wunna wutc a movie m8?
>THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD

A sub is pretty much unavoidable for ideal sound but I value minimalism over performance and a good woofer goes low enough to me. I'm not an audiophile tho so.....

>live innawoods
>crank 4x12" to reference volume.
>nobody can hear it

Only if the bass is too high and the person using them doesn't have good musical taste.

setting them up correctly is too much trouble

i'm fine as long as my speakers can play cleanly down to 60 or 80 Hz

Ehhhhhhhh check the new bass system!

THUD THUD THUD THUD

MAD BASS YO

You should try the monoprice k-bās, theycan go under 40hz with a 5,1/4 woofer

Nothing, but if you are an audio purist you may find the low frequencies are louder or more pronounced than they should be.

>A sub is pretty much unavoidable for ideal sound

I want these now that they are getting relatively cheap.

not an argument. you're not getting proper lows outta a 2.0 setup or if you are some other frequency is mangled.

Speakers above beg to differ

Yes. Consider a design that is balanced and capable of powerful low frequencies in each channel.

Unless you can put the speakers facing the wall and it has glass only on the other side, those are nigger tier ugly user.

yes

You'll appreciate them more if you look them up. Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy's.