Mice (and advice)

I didn't see a mouse thread so I'm making one.

For my part, I have a question to fellow G502 owners. Mine just arrived in the mail, and something that really sticks out is that the wheel tilt buttons are sensitive AS FUCK. You can have your finger resting on top of the wheel, without any downwards pressure, and just using the weight of your finger tilt the wheel by friction (moving your finger left or right). This is ridiculous to the point that I'm having severe trouble middle-clicking without accidentally tilting the wheel.
Is this normal, or should I get a replacement? If this is how they all are, how the fuck do you middle click properly?

I know for a fact there are G502 people here.

I'm not sure about the G502, but on the topic of having a mouse thread;
Anyone know if anyone makes a mouse with a zoom button that works with windows 8 anymore?
My dad's old and his eyes aren't what they used to be, and back on XP, his Intellimouse side button was able to zoom, but on 8, it acts as just a back button.

I own one and never had that problem before.. may need to be broken in a little?

g502 user here, i'll have had mine for three years in june.

literally never had that problem once. you sound fat. if you're not then it's defective or you're just retarded.

HAHAHAA YOU ACTUALLY USE A FUCKING MOUSE USE A TRACKPAD PUSSY BITCH

Got it 3 years ago. Never had that problem.

>ITT: it works for me!
Its probably shitty Logitech quality. You can try to RMA or return it and get a different mouse. I've bought only Logitech mice for almost 15 years and their mouse wheels have always been garbage. Bout to switch to a Zowie ECA.

Send it back and get a G403 or a Deathadder. They have normal scroll wheels and look like normal mice.

i have a g502, works on my machine no issues here fatty

sidewinder x8 is where the fun is at

I own a Zowie ZA11. Probably one of the worst mouse wheels I've ever used.

They may be "normal" but the lack both tilt buttons and hyperscrolling, both of which I'm very used to and don't want to move away from if possible.

Also
>complaining about logitech quality
>recommending razer

No idea. That sounds like a windows question more than a mouse question though.

If there's a way to zoom in in windows 8 you can probably use any mouse with autohotkey. If there isn't, then no special mouse will help you.

I have it and don't have that or any problem at all. I guess am lucky.

did you lock the scroll wheel?

I have a Logitech M500 and it has the same problem.

Fuck. Just ordered a zowie after my razer deathadder shit the bed. I could live with cheapass mice, but I make use of the additional buttons that these MLG mememice provide

I have a 502, I don't have that problem with the tilt buttons, as mine require a significant amount of force to trigger. Keep in mind that's coming from a saxophonist that has very strong fingers. I suggest that you get a replacement. As for the middle clicking thing, are you sure your scroll wheel is locked? When you have it unlocked its extremely easy to accidentally move it.

Doesn't holding ctrl and using the mouse do that

*mouse wheel

It's sensitive, but I don't think I've ever accidentally tilted it. I don't exactly understand what you're doing and how you're managing to tilt the wheel left or right when you're trying to press down. It never happens to me.

Oh yeah I'm not talking about the hyperscrolling thingy. Unless you mean that unlocking the scroll also makes the tilt buttons much easier to press?
Either way I just tried and locking the scroll doesn't remedy the issue. They're just barely harder to press, but it's hardly noticeable and certainly nowhere enough to help.

Anyway I think I'll just get a replacement, thanks for the advice.

>tfw fell for the logitech g400 meme
>thing is fucking huge

I've been using it for the past few years, the mouse itself works really well but the thing is fuckign huge and it's fucking heavy.

I think it's given me arthritis or something, I need to cop a cheaper mouse ASAP because this thing is killing me.

Got a G502 earlier this week and I'm really liking it so far, even outside of gayming, infinite scroll is great, not really experiencing the same problem with the wheel being sensitive.
Ergonomics are pretty good, fits my hand nicely and I can reach all the buttons.
Don't really understand about all the fags complaining about the looks, if you're that worried about looking like a "14 year old gaymer" (as if anyone ever comes into your room), you're really insecure. I mean, you're already on an anime website.

I remapped the middle button to the "sniper" button. It works great and it's so much easier to scroll now.

You have tiny and weak hands bro, don't blame the mouse. I had it and it was great. Now I have the 502 and people said it was "so heavy"... I guess they have weak hands too.

G403

>reddit spacing
>frogposter
>weak numale hands
>cop
b2r

Did you order from china? Mine is store-bought in the EU and has no such issue.

Fakes on Ali might.

Fuck you, I'm a big guy, this mouse is just unbearable.

gonna buy an old used intellimouse, that thing was GOAT.

Op do what I did
Set left and right tilt as middle mouse button, super comfy and faster, now I use only left tilt as mmb

nice projection fag

That's just throwing away two buttons though
I mean if my replacement comes in and it's the exact same, and then after a week of practice I still haven't gotten the hang of it, I might do something like that. But I'd want to avoid it if possible

>people saying G502 is heavy
I moved from a G700s which I mostly used in wireless mode and holy shit I cannot feel my mouse in my hand. It's so fucking light.

It also seems less tall, though I can't tell the difference by looking at it. But whereas I normally used a palm grip that was completely flat against the mouse on the G700s, on this one it feels a lot more natural to lift up my palm a bit into a sort of low claw grip.

You're fucking retarded and tilt and hyperscrolling is gay baby shit.

Any mouse with programmable keys should be able to do it through its software.
With Logitech you can set it up then uninstall the software as it stores on the mouse.
Any brand should do it though.

If you bind the key to (Ctrl)+(+) and (Ctrl)+(-) for zoom out.

Nice argument you have there

This

Really? The zowie ec1a was the best mouse ive ever had.
I have the roccat kone pure military now and its pretty fucking amazing as well

Install source mage

have you tried getting new hands?

I replaced my scroll wheel with one from a g9. Works much better now. No more loose wobbles and it's a lower profile and has the rubber grip ring.

Try a mionix avior.

This is also my preferred linux.

(you)

My bad, I guess I've misworded it, but it defaulted to using the magnifier in windows, which is much different than ctrl+mousewheel since he doesn't even use a web browser for his email.
But I could've recalled seeing a few mice with a button labled "zoom" or something.

Logitech MX Anywhere 2 vs Triathlon M720?

They look like they have the same/similar feature set, with the exception that the Triathlon has a AA battery and a gesture/thumb button and is almost $20 cheaper.

>Triathlon M720
Neat. I'm looking for a normal mouse too and that looks pretty comfy to me.