>4k
Dropped

Damn actually impressive.

4k at 15 inches is totally fine

>4k
>gtx 1050
lmfao

So it's just a convertible xps 15? Maybe I should of got it

If dell made 16:10 convertible XPS 15 I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Explain

They make 15 inch even 17 inch convertibles

But really you should just get the XPS 12 for that 15 inches is far too big to be a tablet

>yoga720
So it can flip another 360 degrees into another dimension?

No explanation needed

>4k
>1050

Make sure the games you play can scale properly according to the screen.

On the 4k Y50, games that ran in 1080p had a huge black box around them because the laptop couldnt scale games properly.

And as you already know, theres no way that thing can push 4k.

4k is a meme resolution for a laptop.

laptops don't have 4k blu-ray player, doesn't have enough gpu power to play games or do heavy duty photoshop in 4k, only few applications scale well in 4k.

In short, that thing will be just a pointless 4k youtube video viewer machine.

>Implying the only purpose for computers is mlgproleetcore gaming

>>>/idontenjoyentertainment/

Pretty decent, it even supports and active digitizer pen. Would be great if it was 1060 instead.

>coding in sublime text in 4k
>can't see shit captain
>have to lower the resolution to 1080p anyways.

4k is pointless and anyone who buys a laptop with that resolution is a fucking retard

the pen is decent, but not as good as wacom mobile pro studio, the 720 still has offset, and the pen pressure is lacking, but it is pretty good for an amateur artist i guess

Something something scaling. Kys

It supports other Wacom stylus, the Lenovo one supports 4096 pressure points.

>get a stupid ass 4k resolution in a laptop
>can't see shit captain because everything is too small
>have to scale everything anyway
>OH WOW!!! I'M DOING SPREADSHEETS IN 4K!!!! I'M SHITPOSTING IN 4K!!! ITS LIKE THERE IS NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE WHEN I'M DOING IT IN 1080p!!!!

what a retarded resolution in a laptop

You can't be this retarded

Actually, 4K looks a lot better because you can't see the pixels. However it usually half the battery of the laptop which is retarded.

go ahead, Lenovo shill, please tell me 1 good reason why 4k is good in that Yoga 720s.

>hidpi is a meme

>implying shitposting in a ching chong nip nong corean drama forum needing to be in 4k so you can't see the pixels.

>Half the battery life
Sick meme, resolution doesn't have nearly as much impact on battery life as resolutionlets claim

>implying high dpi is needed in this laptop just for spreadsheets and coding, since its useless for 4k games and 4k blu-ray.

streaming 4k shit is the only thing it is good for.
and you can do much better for less with that

if it had pen input like the Surface Book I'd get it in a second

It does

oh dang

Text is far more readable when you hit 200 dpi. Image scaling stops mattering as much when you get to around 300dpi.

>implying plain text needs to be in high dpi just to be readable.

if you need more than simple 640x480 resolution to read plain text, there is something wrong with your eyes

It isn't about needing high resolution fonts, they are just better.

>4k touchscreen
>72 whr battery

So, so close

Reading text at high dpi is night and day compared to shit resolutions. Fuck outta here

If you would just use a 4k 15 inch laptop you would see the extra pixels make quality of life and usability hugely better

And fuck you can have games render at 1080p with a press of a button

>trust me, reading plain text is better in 4k

yeah no its /trash/

>implying the 1050 is enough for 1080p high setting games

yeah no. a 99% color gamut 1080 screen has better QoL than a meme resolution with a weak ass gpu

You can play many games actually just not some.

And you may be right but in the end most appreciate the 4k screen more. Don't forget more pixels means an automatic color saturation bonus.

nobody wants this. NOBODY

gtfo with your touchpad half assed laptops. that's why every retailer is full of these pieces of shit they can't sell. they have skylake or even older crap with this shit. NOONE WANTS THIS SHIT

>throttles after 3 seconds at 100% CPU

no

Pretty much every single game that wasn't made in the last 2 years sure. Even recent games it could run at reduced settings 60fps.

>4k
>7700HQ
>GTX 1050
>gaming laptop in a yoga case

if it seems too good to be true it probably is. unless it's a thinkpad.

The catch is that thd battery's too small for 4k. It's 72 whrs so it'll last like 5-6 hours in 4k, and maybe 6-7 in 1080p.

Reviews put it at 8 hours moderate use.

>Intel
>GTX 1050
>4k
>tablet
>SSD
how many memes can you fall for in one product

>what is reading and writing documents

Text on 15.6" at 1920x1080 would look blocky as hell. At four times the resolution, it looks smooth and sharp.

That's the 1080p model. Knock off a couple of hours for the 4K model.

However, by now people should realize 15.6" laptops are "luggable", not "portable". You can't work with this shit in your lap on an airplane or on the bus. Too bulky, runs too hot, battery drains too fast.

This is a portable desktop.

>unless it's a thinkpad
>thinkpad
bwahahaha good luck seeing that kind of spec in a sub-2kg chassis on any thinkpad ever.

wtf are you talking about, none of those things are true unless your a tiny manlet trying to play crysis 3 on the bus.

>1080 on a 15 inches
>blocky
Wtf, 1080p is perfect for a 15 inches, it's fine up to 23 inches.
I bet you have a 4k 5.5 inches phone.

No 8 hours was from a review of the 4k model

>4K
>Starting at $1,150
This is an obvious lie. You don't get the 4K model that cheap.

my 13" macbook looks amazing at 2560x1600. Higher resolution makes everything look so much nicer, even for normies just browsing facebook

of course.

the 1,150 is the 1080p model. the lenovo shill should have shilled this thing here as a $1000 surface alternative, instead of memeing it with the 4k model

>unironically considering laptops for anything but their mobility
baka desu

I have a 4K 15.6" laptop (~280 PPI)
I have a 2560x1440 13.3" laptop. (~220 PPI)
Text looks great on both of them.

When I look at text on a FHD 13.3" display, it looks blocky. When reading documents in portrait mode on a FHD 13.3" display, for example engineering textbooks, a lot of the text is too small and blocky to read comfortably.
QHD 13.3" is far better, you can read everything except the tiniest text.
4K 15.5" is so good you can even read a document at page-width on half the display in portrait mode.
Reading A4 documents at page-width on half a FHD display just doesn't work.

Pic related, text page at 1080x1920 (minus scrollbar), text looks like blocky ass, and it doesn't even have very small text. The superscript and subscript indexes are right on the limit of legible (the dots over the i and j are pixelated as fuck)

1050 for a 4k display? My fucking God

Compare with 4K portrait where the dots are defined enough to look like circles.

When you read a lot of text, sharpness matters.

If you flip back and forth between tabs with these images, the difference is stark.

>4k meme
>convertible meme
>non removable battery meme

The fuck am I supposed to do with that?

>windows meme

>Has been undisputed cpu Kings for awhile
>Great price / low power consumption for good returns on graphics
>Yes, totally meme, no arguments
>Some people have uses for them, otherwise they wouldn't sell enough to be a thing
>Seriously? SSD a meme? You're an idiot

You can run 4k displays in integrated graphics these days user, just as long as you're not expecting to play muh elite 144hz gaymes

Have they fixed high DPI in Winshit 10 yet?

Yeah, other than some janky text rendering in older settings menus.

You want to play games at 4K while still mainting at least 30 frames per second? You need a 1070 at least.

You want to render and edit 4K video in a RAW format? You will need a 1070 at least.

You want to do both of those things at once? You will need a processor with more cores / higher thread and a 1080 as well as double the ram.

Now, you might be asking, "well then what is the point of a 4K screen"? The answer... there is none, at least for that setup.

On the bright side, your pixels will look nicer and images will appear more fine and crisp. Oh, and you should be able to watch 4K YouTube videos on it (albeit while draining the battery much faster).

but how long will it last before something breaks?

1050 will edit video fine retard

Stop thinking this is a hardcore gaming machine, and that you can't play it at 1080p anyway

no fucktard, it can't. I tried this model in a Lenovo concept store and the fucker is crapping out when I tried 10 layers of 600 dpi 4k photoshop. this laptop is for those who feel like they're artists when they are just fucking barristas.

that's why the new Mobile Pro Studio comes with a fucking Quadro video card.

>tried this model in a Lenovo concept store

Ok. Considering people buy XPS 15s for 4k editing it seems hard to believe that this laptop will have significant issue.

>people falling for a meme laptop that can "edit" video in 4k.

Yeah, no. The whole "edit" video or "photoshop" in 4k for laptops is a meme, unless its like the Lenovo P50, which has a Xeon processor and Quadro M200M, otherwise its just semantics of "hey you can video edit in this laptop in 4k even though its spazzing out like a bitch, so technically it can"

Nice.

I had been considering the yoga 910 but it had too weak gpu.
Then there was another similar 2-in-1 that had a 1050 in it, but the bezel was xbox huge.

The 720 is my perfect option now.

When does it release in europe?

its the 720th yoga brand product

Already released. Got me an i7-7700HQ 16GB RAM 4GB GPU RAM 512GB SSD 4K display version.

Weird, can't find them here in Scandinavia.

As long as you have decent scaling.
There are plenty of programs that don't scale for shit.

>i7 7700HQ

HOUSEFIRES CONFIRMED!

Most programs are well enough in this day now

It came out $((2017-720)) years ago.

Welfare card can't push 4k on AAA