What would you do Sup Forums edition

What would you do Sup Forums edition

96 cores, 192 threads quad E7 V4 CPU
youtube.com/watch?v=5GCqSP-ZHbk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYTPcshyA0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude you could get so many fpses with that in cs:go...

A bland supermicro chassis?

Do you want a monster or do you want RGBs? I'll take a monster.

I'm not shitting on supermicro, but that's just a pic of a supermicro.
What's inside it? That's the shit that matters.

Not enough LEDs for you, gamerbabby?

PaaS (portage as a service)

Video processing, obviously.

Nigga

Compile, render videos, and multi-task like I always do I guess.

Probably don't need so much horsepower. I don't do very much linear (or non-linear) math and I don't visualize that many systems.

I'd probably just brag on speccy threads like a retard.

>"Sinebench"

convert my multi-terrabyte 24/192 PCM vinyl library to DSD for shits and giggles....

Is that a rack server? Do you ever use it as a desktop? Or do you have an actual use for it?

install gentoo

C&C for a mega botnet

Just got it this week, setting it up now.
Wanted a storage shelf that I could fill with 3.5's, this is only 2.5 but it's a fantastic server, so I'll just attach it to a disk array with iSCSI or some external sas or whatever, as soon as I can get my hands on something decent.

Only 8000cb? when a single 16c/32t amd processor can get 3000?
bingbus really scales like trash

What's it got inside?

Want a storage shelf too but waaay to expensive for me. Prob just get a T7500 and throw 6 HDDs in it.

That would be Platform as a service, right?

>DSD
What is this voodoo?

If I had to guess, it's a bus limitation, but I'm not a computer engineer.

Gaymes

Get 30 FPS at The Crown in Planetside 2.

Sampling rate of 2.8224MHz @1-bit vs 44.1kHz @ 16-bit

An intel S5520ur, 2X ~2009 quad core xeons, 18GB ram, and 8x 2.5" slots that I'm filling with 500GB disks from old laptops.
Looking at a 12 bay SAS rack right now, would rather 24 but oh well.
I've got a good 30 or so 2TB+ drives just sitting in boxes that I wanna get live.

How the fuck do you play a DSD file? I just downloaded a demo and 2 different players and they're saying no device detected.

4P naples is going to trash this thing and use less power.
AMD might start charging premiums now that Intel can't compete.

Also that DSD graph does a terrible job at showing pulse-density modulation as well as the sampling rate difference. Here's a better way to look at it.

I'm waiting to see how much threadripper will cost.. Since it's not an AM4 socket, I'm _guessing_ you can put them on a dual/quad socket mobo.

Not bad. I want to get a rack server and throw it in my basement, but I'm worried about how loud it will be.

My justification is because I have 1gbit internet. I'd looooove to get pfSense and a NAS running.

there won't be 4P naples, the market share is way too low at ~7%

but the 2P naples will already trash that thing because the scaling is almost perfect

Naples (Epyc) is 1P and 2P
Threadripper is 1P only

>"Ryzen"
>"Threadripper"
>"Epyc"
Someone on AMD's naming team really needs a pink slip handed to him.

>Not bad. I want to get a rack server and throw it in my basement, but I'm worried about how loud it will be.
The answer is loud.
Still, a desktop connected to a disk rack shouldn't be too bad.
>My justification is because I have 1gbit internet. I'd looooove to get pfSense and a NAS running.
I just got 12/1, and am already upgrading to 100/40, the shit you could do with gigabit...

Well, 3 different names for 3 different categories
I don't really mind much those specific names

Ah didn't know.

Worth watching;

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYTPcshyA0

Darn. I'll have to figure something out as far as reducing sound is concerned. Or just get a T7600 or a Z workstation or something and spend a few extra bucks..

I have google fiber. The shitty part is you HAVE to use THEIR router; but ofc you can still use another router, another hop though..

Where I live we get a state provided modem with an ethernet port we have to connect our own router to. It's our own router that actually negotiates with the ISP. With google it's all bundled into one device? You have control over port forwarding?

only really useful for virtualization, calculating pi or generating seti units if that still goes on.

>AMD: 44 core
Did they disable cores or something just to have the same specs?

yes, they used slower memory too
keep watching the video

>on the floor
At least put it on something.

Yes, with google it is all in one box. They actually had to dig up a bunch of shit outside my house to run the wires -- small price to pay (not that I had to pay it.)

Yes, you have control over port forwarding. However, you have to login to your google account... and then finding the actual port forwarding page is a further pain in the ass..

I'm pretty sure they were running 2x22 core CPUs with 88 threads total.

they disabled the cores, there is no 22 core cpu

Indeed. One does wonder why performance didn't scale better when they enabled all cores and upped the memory speed, though.

Once I'm done setting it up I'll throw it in a cabinet.

it was ~25% faster with all the cores, which is far from perfect, but still really good scaling

It ran in 15.783 seconds with all cores enabled, and 17.691 seconds with 44 cores enabled. That's more like 10% faster.

>one E7 8890 V4 = ~2900cb
>four E7 8890 V4 = ~8000cb
holy shit intel that's some shitty scaling there

Intel is just starting to experiment with threads, give them a break. It's not like they're AMD.

this is even funnier

>sine-bench
I'm going to go to the sine-ma and watch some sine-deralla.

are you my clone or something? im also using salvaged 500 GB drives.

See doe.

guess I'd run a huge ass database or something
there's really nothing I as a home user could find myself needing that for at this time

he's not wrong though supermicro hardware is boring as fuck and I'd never buy it second hand when there are other options that do the same exact shit at the same exact price point and look way nicer while they do it

Can't lie, you'd still want it if you're not the one paying for it.

Watch anime.