What is the best OS Sup Forums, and why is it Linux?

What is the best OS Sup Forums, and why is it Linux?

Let me inter... you know the rest. I'm tired of typing this everytime.

Sage

For servers? sure thing

Are you talking about GNU/Linux?

I would simply like to interject for one bit. What you're alluding to as Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I've of late taken to calling it, GNU + Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but actually another free piece of a completely working GNU system fashioned into something useful by the GNU core libraries, shell tools and essential system components completing a full OS as described by POSIX.

A sizeable amount of computer owners use a changed edition of the true system everyday, but do not know of. Because of a strange series of situations, the edition of GNU used now is often called Linux, and a substantial number of its owners do not know that it is practically the GNU system, made by GNU.

There truly is a Linux, and this population are using it, but it is simply a part of the system they use. Linux is a kernel, the part of the system that gives out the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but relies on the rest of the system; it is only operational in the structure of a whole operating system. Linux is normally paired with the GNU operating system, the whole system is practically GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. Every one of the supposed Linux distros are really distros of GNU/Linux.

LINUX IS NOT AN OS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

windows
/thread

better question
which distro does each girl in yuru yuri use?

Linux is a kernel. Are you going to call Mac OS Darwin, too?

Are you a dipshit in real life? If you already know - as you claim - what the fuck are you asking for?

>Manlets use Gentoo.
Truth.

Pretty sure it's Arch

>Mac
>brains

i can definitely see kyoko use Arch
Yui i think is more redhat or debian though

Akari readhead
Kyoko Arch
Yui Kali
Chinatsu Debian

Does Akarin maybe use Ubuntu since it's the most generic one? Or maybe she just use Windows.

>that alias around the windows logo

nigga what

Keepin' it real.

FreeBSD.

I think Akari-chan would use maybe Ubuntu
>Yui
>Kali
no, Blackarch or TempleOS

What about the explosion lady and the president. Any "explosive" distro around, and a super chill one?

Nana-senpai would probably use Gentoo and Rise-chan Solus

>joke distros for schoolkids
Arch, Solus
>neutral distros
Ubuntu, Fedora
>reliable distros for professionals
Debian, RedHat, Gentoo
>OSes for normies and gays
Windows, macOS

> kyoko use Arch
Worst girl, worst distro.

What about muh dick?!

Anybody who recommends a linux kernel that you have to pay for can't be taken seriously

Without condom is the Freebsd and with condom is OpenBSD

you guys should seriously read a book on operating systems. i suggest stallings or tanenbaum

>a linux kernel that you have to pay
You pay for support,dingus.

forgot about

>comfiest distro
linux mint, elementaryOS

you just won the price for the most retarded reply
in this thread

A little decomposition:
>OS for normies and gaymers
Windows
>OS for gays, faggots and normies
macOS

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

Linux is used to refer to a family of Operating Systems, since it's what they have in common.

Also where's Temple OS?

windows for kids
ubuntu for moms and grandpas
apple for normies and rich kids
arch/fedora for kids got bullied in school
gentoo and debian for regular people