ITT: Monitors

ITT: Monitors.

I feel like a pleb with my 24 inch monitor right now, I just plugged in my 60 inch tv just for memes and the immersion is just great, but I think something around 34 inches would be a great upgrade already.

What monitors do you have Sup Forums?
Are you happy with their size and performance?
Is ultrawide a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2711-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B0039648BO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

have a 27 inch pixio 1440p 144hz ips
want to get 3 samsung curved va 144 at 23 inches each

also am happy with the pixio performance but my power brick shorted so I'm rmaing and using an old acer 1080 ips 21.5 in (the best budget monitors ever made)

i have a pair of 4k monitors - a UP2414Q and a P2415Q. i wouldn't waste my money on anything whose pixel density wasn't doubled at this point unless you're a career esports gamer or something.

if your operating system still hasn't sorted out scaling elements by a simple integer value (i.e. no interpolation or anything necessary), then your operating system is retarded. even os x has had this pretty much sorted out since ~2012.

You're talking about Samsung C24FG70?
I've been thinking about getting three of them as well, they seem close to perfection. But this model turns on only part of the pixel or some shit, which makes reading text rather bad. Have you looked into that?

I have a 1440p 24" IPS monitor, I'm extremely happy with the resolution and the size, don't want any smaller or any bigger(maybe I would try a 27 at some point in my life, but 24 is the sweet spot)
Now I'll wait for 5 to 10 years to get higher refresh rate, freesync or some new gimmick, HDR or some newer fad etc etc, but higher resolution is a meme, because scaling is a meme, and bigger monitors don't feel right when sitting less than a meter away

>bought a HD 50" in 2009 for $3000
>scared of buying another monitor because they are so expensive
>they have dropped an order of magnitude in price
>will probably never pull the trigger again

anyone know this feel ?

I'm currently using a 55" lg b6. It's pretty good and the oled panel is amazing.

The C24FG73 is coming out soon, don't get the 70.

No, it's rare to be as retarded as you were
>people who bought gigantic hundred pounds tube TVs for thousands just as plasma TVs appeared
>those people modified their paper houses by cutting holes in their walls to fit the 10ft of TV behind the screen
lmao

opinions on PB328Q?

don't play anything that would benefit from higher refresh

WHERE DID I SAY I BOUGHT A TUBE ???

it was a 50" lg lcd.....

projecting much ? re-evaluate your life immediately friend-o

I was making you feel as retarded as the people who did that, you illiterate "friend-o"
Go buy an 8K monitor now and watch it drop in value like a hatchet in a pool

27 inch 1440p 144 Hz, I feel like the ppi is too low at this size. Feels like a big 1080p poorfag screen. 24 would be perfect for 1440p

17 inch 4k 60 Hz
Looks great even if you scale to 150 percent. Normally don't to keep muh real estate

Can you actually use 17" 4k without scaling ?
Had no idea they even made monitors like that(not counting laptops)

The faggotry in this post hurt my brain

I'm still using my Qnix cheapo 1440p 27" monitor I bought about 5 years ago. I paid about £200 - $260. Overclocks to 100Hz. Best tech buy I've made.

Now I need to look for cheap 4k Korean monitors. Anyone heard about these?

It is a laptop. It's usable without scaling, just need to choose a larger than normal text size. Small buttons and UI elements aren't a big deal

40" 4k is a pretty comfy size/resolution.

Trying to decide between the acer x34 or the z35. The x34 had 1440p but 100hz, the z35 is an inch bigger 1080p but 200hz

1440@100 for sure, why would you get a bigger monitor with lower resolution, especially fucking 1080p at enormous 35"
Haven't looked at other specs of those monitors, but if that's the only difference, the answer should be obvious to even a fool

I'm not sure if i should go for a single 27" or dual 24" monitors

that question is terribly wrong
what resolutions are you talking about ?

Three expensive five me.
I bought 29 lg ultrawide budget meme and I'm already satisfied compared to my previous 24 incher.

When I get rich and famous I will buy 34 ultrawide.

1x25 and 1x23. both 1080.

getting 2 curved ultrawides would be cool, but i have literally no need for them. maybe 2x curved 1080 monitors when i move next.

27" 1440 or 2x 1080 24" although i suppose i can look into 25" 1440

What monitors do you have Sup Forums?
Like this
[24"][27"][24"]
all 60hz 1080p
>Are you happy with their size and performance?
Size, yes. 1080p is a bit low for a 27" but it works.
>Is ultrawide a meme?
They certainly look good, but I feel that I would prefer multiple ones.

post the comfy anime girl pls?

This is my situation,should i just give my second monitor away to some poor black kid? I do not see myselif fitting it on table and mounting it above is uncomfortable for neck.

1440p is ~1.77 bigger than 1080p, therefore you could use one 1440p instead of two 1080p while maintaining a similar screen estate space (two 1080p would be a lot bigger horizontally, but also less vertically) and that would save you table space and having double blackbars in the middle
I'd personally choose(or rather chose) to get a single 1440p in 23-27" range

Thank you

TFW you are as good in ms paint as someone else in gimp

I don't know, mate. That one isn't vertical.

I have a 144hz (23 or 24 inch) monitor
A 27" PLS screen (great color, awful for fps games)
And a Projector hooked up to a ~10 foot screen

Projector playing Rocket League is amazing as fuck

True artist can admit his mistake and improve.

True i just have this crazy idea where i can use my notebook and desktop, having a monitor each, and occasionally switching to dual mode for my desktop.

Now wee are talking, except that smoke travels upwards...

Smoke is clearly curved the right direction.
I take only constructive criticism.

why does your notebook need a standalone screen ?
Also you could get an hdmi splitter or something like that to be able to plug both computers into one monitor and use as needed

i bought a amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2711-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B0039648BO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 and another similar 23 inch screen that I can't find the model of right now for 50 bucks, did I do good Sup Forums?

I have pic related. 27". Pretty happy with it. I won't replace it until there are affordable (~$800) full-array local dimming HDR monitors.

both for 50$, each for 50$ or just the second one for 50$ ? I'd do unspeakable things to get a monitor like that for 50$ or even lower
If it's as good as it seems on paper

>you could get an hdmi splitter or something
Some monitors have it so you can switch between connections too so you might not even need the splitter, just use hdmi/dvi from the desktop and vga from laptop.

both for 50$
my moms workplace was upgrading, and you know how every sort of place of employment where they primarily work on monitors always get absurdly powerful ones (she's an architect)

I think they're getting 4k 32 inch curved screens or some ridiculous shit like that now

shiiet, best I got from me mums workplace was a dank office chair used by the last boss. I'd wish to know some place that would offload their office shit, all those 16:10 monitors and thinkpads for cents

there was talk about getting some "obsolete" cpus and graphics cards from my unis supercluster when they upgraded, though I think nothing came of it

they had tesla k80s and like 3300 intel xeons

imagine all the (you)'s I would have gotten

Been using a 24' Acer screen since 2011 and want to upgrade now, preferably to a 27' and with a higher refresh rate to take advantage of during games. Not sure if it's worth going for 1440 though

nah dude it is like moving 1 inch each month.
Just wait a little for 32 4k for affordable price

I reccomend Freesync lg for 200$ it is 29inch
runs at 80mhz and you do not need strong cardddd.

wouldn't you be better off with a smaller screen by like an inch or two? 1440p seems like a better option imho comfy setup nonetheless. especially that comfy portrait monitor.

4k should be used at ~32"

Dell U2515H

Best monitor I've had.

Agreed, meanwhile im still at Living Room
42in 1080i Sony Bravia from the early 2000s
>Desktop
19in 1366x768 AOC
>Laptop
15.6 1366x768 Toshiba
13in 1366x768 HP leetbook
I wanna die famalama

>have many electronics
>all shit
why, doesn't tripfaggotry pay ?

>got the tv for insanely cheap and still looks nice
>free desktop monitor
>free leetbook
>$400 dollar toshiba that cukt me
idk mate I feel fine with this. I don't need 1080p and will ascend to it or very close to it in the future
maybe 1600x1200 if i buy one of those thinkvision monitors

>free shit
So tripfaggotry does pay, always wondered why people would subject themselves to such shame, now I know

kek, you just need to be at the right place at the right time. I got the EliteBook from a friend's office after they dban'd the hdd, then the monitor from a cousin that upgraded to a better one and gave me leftovers.
It feels nice my guy.

I have a chinkshit 50" 4K tv that doesn't suck too bad, it's actually pretty good besides the uneven backlight distribution and the "local dimming" that doesn't do anything at all. It's secretly capable of 1080p120hz, it does not report that to my computer but it works when I set custom. I also have a 27" 1080 Acer whatever it's not important but it works fine as a second display.

How are Dell's S series monitors? i DO like dell's premium features, but the S series offers free sync which the ultrasharps don't

What brand im interested in a 4k tv

a 21.5 inch philips 1080p
and a 75hz 1280x1024 17 inch dell

hisense lol cost me ~$350 usd

Poorsync

>jewsync

nice cup