Hey Sup Forums we're learning a new language, Swedish

Hey Sup Forums we're learning a new language, Swedish.

Most of us just started yesterday, so join us today and don't be left behind.

Swedish was chosen for its variety of learning resources, relative simplicity, and how related it is to English.

This thread is for discussion about learning Swedish, or just discussion in Swedish. Share your favorite language learning tools and ask fluent speakers questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

migrationsverket.se/Privatpersoner.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

I'm at work now, just thought I'd make the thread real quick so nobody thinks I've already given up.

Jävla tittan fittan

I don't have any strong interest in learning Swedish, but what the hell. I might try to learn it with you guys.

Meh, boring choice. The proximity to English makes it uninteresting.
Good luck though.

migrationsverket.se/Privatpersoner.html

If it was too difficult nobody would stick to it.

>not learning butifel polish for a true challenge

oh I'm laffin

Sure, but it's not like indo-european languages have a monopoly on being simple.
Something like, say, swahili would have been manageable. Bit harder since it's a different language group, but still simple enough to work as a language learned to a low level for the hell of it.

I am swedish AMA

okay, not like I have anything better to do, count me in

är du bög?

nej

vill du bli min fv?

nej

Rumppa dildo

>Swahili
This is why no one takes Poland seriously

;___;

break time. Everyone still with me?

Jag talar inte svenska still, but I'm having fun. How far have you guys gotten?

do you have a chatroom or what

If you want to learn Scandinavian language for fun it should be Norwegian

fuck offfffffffffffffffff

Nah, not yet.

I'll make one tonight when I get off work or something. That's not for another 7 hours though.

I personally like Swedish a lot. Plus it's basically slightly gay sounding Norwegian, isn't it? (I thought this long before I came to Sup Forums, so it's not memes)

lolno, swedish is official language in more than 1 country, best scandi movies and tv shows are swedish and swedes make the best music

I've decided to retake Russian after 1 month of work (got a semi-decent level, started declension, future, past) and 1 month of wait.

Apart from the alphabet I forget everything
Also, the old method was fast, efficient for the grammar but had shitty vocabulary choices, the new one has no real exercises before lesson 50

thanks pekka

Spotted the homehurri Kaj Cuckström

(You)

Shit I thought it was language learning general

Fix a chatroom or something, i can help if you do.

No worries man. Sad you're too busy with Russian to learn Swedish with us. Good luck with that.

You can understand Swedish if you speak norwegian

See I'm at work, an I've got to get back to it now. If you'd like you can take control for now. Make up a good OP and such. I'd be grateful.

Hey, you forgot to turn on your proxy

I am about to fall asleep so i cant but if you make one when you get home i can find the thread when i wake up.

Svenska menska bork ej mannen svennen svennov svennage Sverige.

t. isämmaa karjala perjele perheväkivalta viina mämmi sauna terva jne

Jag heter Peter. Hur mår du? Vad heter du?

That's nice of you

Actually Swedish is in my (veeeery) long list

German
Russian
Finnish (going to go there for school)
Swedish-Spanish-Italian (pick 1) would be nice

pls dont even try to learn anything more than basic finnish, its for your own good

its not that hard to learn

Can't be estonian-tier
>öö
>jäääär

Those are legit Estonian words

it is hard and it is useless since all finns worth talking to can speak fluent english or swedish

If you want to go to Sweden just learn Arabic

why

trash language trash people

But the memes, Peter

The memes

Would people laugh at me if I tried to communicate in (obviously broken) finnish ?

We can turn it into a great languagr

jävla bög :DD jag fickan din mamma :DD

2-1

>your team

>tfw gonna be unemployed after summer
end me lads

That's because we had a colonial empire

Du får 5 öre om du pussar på mitt rövhål.

Är din rav blekt?

Vad är en rav?

Rumpa

Jo

most likely they would give a little smile and say its nice that you bothered to learn at least some words of the language, even basic stuff like kiitos goes a long way for you in here

Official language is soon arabic anyway, so why even learn swedish.
They even have arabic at some signs already, no joke.

Hvorfor må du være 20 år for å handle på systembolaget, selv om aldersgrensa på ǿl er 18?

This. Norwegian sounds qter

This thread is beta

feel free to join the discussion

För att vårat land har haft idioter till politiker, man kan köpa upp till 3,5 % i vanliga butiker. Det är dock 18 på krogen

Joining the discussion is beta

Yeah, we know. When we held the vote, we weren't considering usefulness. Toki pona and Esperanto came in a close second. We're just doing this to make another Sup Forums lingua franca

Though personally, I kind of like the way Swedish sounds. Shame about its fate

Hej int! Jag ska ga till Lund om tva manader för att plugga, still level 3 on duolingo though.
Should I directly approach people in English or will people be touched by the effort?

just say basic stuff like hej min svensk är inte så bra and continue in english, thats what i did and nobody was bothered at all

i think people will like it if you try to speak swedish but they will switch to english if you struggle.
Still i think you should try, its worth it if only for the practice.

>Danish: used in Denmark and Greenland, taught in Faroe and Iceland
>Swedish: used in Sweden taught in Finland
>Norwegian: only Norway
>Nynorsk: hillbilly language used in black metal

Still like Nynorsk the best because Gorgoroth, Windir, etc

is Sup Forums still ded

It will work out fine, most swedish people have a decent enough knowledge of the english language. At least among the younger generations

I've always been curious, how does it actually sound like in your opinion? To peoåp

Norwegians sound too damn happy and pleased with life all the time even tho black metal, you can't take them seriously

Why bother learning a soon to be dead language?

Just learn Arabic brothers.

To people who are from other countries ofc* sorry i'm kinda drunk

It sounds a lot softer than the other Germanic languages except maybe English (not sure there, I don't have perspective). It doesn't sound threatening or harsh, it sounds really gentle.
It seems like you guys don't use harsh sounds much at all. It's kind of pleasant to listen to

Jag gillar svenska cunt

Oh, interesting. :) yeah, maybe I could see that, even more with Norway. I don't know shit about the history of languages and stuff but it sure sounds like that's the most similar language to ours so I'm guessing it is

By the way, what does peoåp mean? I checked a dictionary but it didn't have it

Svensk fitta*

not him but

I've never heard about that word, maybe it's spelled different or something, where did you hear it from?

fuck this shit I'm learning Norwegian instead

Thanks
Literally this thread

Jeg giller Svensker Fitte

wow it's literally a Swedish dialect

Norsk er bedre fåvæ

Oh just discovered my mistake in hindsight haha. But whatever

det är det norrbaggarna vill att folk ska tro men i själva verket har de det minst utvecklade språket favä.
Hur kan man vara så hanrejad att man skriver på danska men talar svenska?
Kan inte hitta på detta

Bunch of cucks.

>denmark and skåne is just poop
i can accept this
poop is also great fertilizer for potatoes so it makes sense

dfn du er en amerikansk hvem ikke egentlig snakker norsk, du er halvveis gjennom læring det, og du fortsatt supplere med Google Translate.

I like that they're a bit more laid back and not as much afraid to speak their minds in general than most swedes tho. But the Skåne dialect and danish language is still an issue haha

EN SVENSK TIGER

I've been learning Swedish on duolingo for some time now (going slow as fuck, but no hurries) and I was wondering if someone would like to be there to lend me a hand from time to time.
Like with "har du det bekvämt?" I still have a hard time remembering (and understanding) why it's said like that.
In exchange I could help with Spanish if someone is interested (even if they can't help me with Swedish).

I could! For a while at least, I can't promise how commited I will be but I have no problems with answering questions and stuff if you're interested

Awesome!
As I said, I'm going pretty slow (I'm now with adjectives) and well, people in the comments tend to explain things quite well, but not always.