What shaver would you recommend Sup Forums? i had a cheap rotary shaver that died after 6 years of use...

what shaver would you recommend Sup Forums? i had a cheap rotary shaver that died after 6 years of use. not sure if i would ever want a foil shaver.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PDDcv8Jg8ks
youtu.be/rAi3t5aOHHo?t=64
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Single edge safety razor.
Everything else is a waste of money.

don't listen to fags and hipsters and get a braun like #2 in your pic

I own a Braun like #2, it's gr8. I've got the "showerproof" one. Works like a charm, and the smoothest electric shave I've ever had in my life. Had it for three years.

Anything wrong with one time use razors? I use one razor for like 2 months and they do a better job than my 22 years old philips rotary.
I have a soft and sparse beard tho.

nothing wrong with those cheapies. need to retire an old braun series 7 which replaced an earlier version of #3. fucking hated that thing, could never get a nice shave. merkur for when you want to feel like a patrician.

I used this without the safety bit on. the safety shit is useless (you can't fuck up unless you're a retard) plus you don't have to constantly clean it while shaving (it gets clogged by hair)

I use Mach 3 with a shaving brush and soap. Is the only thing which won't irritate my skin I've been able to find, and I've spent years trying everything and making my technique as perfect as possible. Like the ritual of shaving that way every morning anyway.

these electric shaver things suck. I tried using them and ended up ripping hairs out of my face or something. Hurts badly, doesn't do the job as efficiently as a handheld razor, costs you money in electricity usage. Why the fuck would you even?

keep one at the office

Bad for the environment.
Also more expensive in the long run, and a decent safety razor is just a nice thing to own imo.

straight edge

I'd prefer not to accidently behead myself while shaving.

why give so much money to the disposable razor company

I pay ~5€/Month for blades, not that much if you ask me.

Merkur is too gentle. I prefer the Muhle R41. Possibly the best shaving head geometry ever devised in the history of safety razors.

>casual shaving, carry on compatible
Gillette mach 3. three blades cut more of the hair instead of tugging it like the fusion.

>casual shaving, electric, assuming you don't have a crazy beard
Braun 3 series when they're on sale, I got mine for $30 from Staples

>nice shaving,
see personally use a merkur handle, badger hair brush, proraso shaving cream, derby extra blades, nivea aftershave... cost per shave is far lower than the Gilette which is a great bonus (shave is much better too)

Badger is a meme and you're either paying $10 for the AIDS infested asshole hair from a rotten badger corpse in China, or paying $200 for the AIDS infested neck hair from the same rotten badger corpse in China. You either want good quality boar hair from Spain/Portugal, or current generation synthetic from Germany. These modern German synthetics are a fucking dream.

Proraso shaving cream is fine, but it's pretty entry level. The real heavy hitters are I Coloniali and Sterling. The difference in lather quality is like night and day, and makes Proraso feel like shaving with a bar of Ivory soap.

I wouldn't buy Derby just because I don't support Turkroaches. Personna Lab Blues are fantastic and genuine Made In America, and Feather are genuine Nippon steel. Avoid German blades, I don't know what the fuck happened there but they can't make a good one. Russian blades are fine too.

whelp, now off on an amazon spree. thanks for fueling the addiction...

here
by the way, any recommendations for an "entry level" current gen german synthetic?

>shaving

that's heresy onii-chan

the only real answer.

>costs you money in electricity usage
I wonder how many cents that is in it's life time. I think you save more on shaving foam/soap than what it costs in electricity.

Muhle again. They have two kinds: the expensive-er Silvertip Fibre and the cheaper Black Fibre, but having used both I think the Black Fibre was the best. Avoid buying them from American outlets. Muhle has some SHIT tier trade agreements with America and everything costs way too fucking much. It's cheaper to buy them from UK websites like Connaught and ship them over the ocean than it is to buy them from American websites. Edwin Jagger also re-brands Muhle stuff, basically they don't even make anything of their own except handles, so "Edwin Jagger Black Fibre" is the same thing as "Muhle Black Fibre".

Semogue is where you look for boar hair brushes.

I don't know why people shit on straight razors, Takes the hair off your face like nothing, Never have to waste money buying a blade, piss easy to strop, You can even use an old belt, ecologically friendly

test

A straight razor blade will almost never be as sharp as a nice double-edge safety razor blade. It's just not possible for you to reach and maintain that level of precision machine produced sharpness when honing and stropping by hand.

I don't know, I have a whetstone that gets knives sharp enough to shave with

Get a Double edge saftey razor, it works well, cheap as hell, and easy to use. Fuck everything else. You can use whatever you want but eventually youll come around to a DE anyways

Its just too much to dick with constantly every day. I want to slap in a blade, shave in 4 min, and get to work. A DE gives me that with zero bullshit

I don't doubt, but lots of things are "sharp enough to shave with". Have you ever seen how ungodly sharp a fresh DE blade is though? It's another level.

Do electric shavers work if you have a beard and you want to keep a nice boundary on it? I like my Mach 3 for its precision, but I'm now in a house with a shit hot water heater and there's never enough left to shave after I shower.

I got the #2 Braun as well

>super close shave
>no razor burns ever
>cleaning station can be refilled using rubbing alcohol ($2) and water
>built in handle trimmer works GREAT on pubes

I still keep a Gillette around for sideburns but other than that it's great

Yeah use one myself, Good for about 5 shave at a stretch then no good for shaving but still good for cutting a towel

I use a Panasonic shaver, cost about $80. Had it for two years so far and haven't had to replace anything on it. I should probably replace the foil and blade soon though. I think that runs about $30.

Double edge safety razors are good but it's a skill that requires you to take the time to learn. Once you do learn, it still takes slightly longer than electric shaving but obviously the result is better. Personally I'm prone to skin irritation, no matter what it's proponents say I know that blades irritate the shit out of my skin no matter how careful I am. I'm going to be one of those old men with tissue paper skin and bruises everywhere.

Both crowds know that cartridge razors are absolute shit tier though unless you're made of money. Hell even if I made a six figure salary I don't think I could go back to spending $10 per cartridge which gets dull after two uses. Fuck that.

This is wrong.
I've used several DE blade brands and straight razors over the past 10 years. Feather blades are the only ones that can be compared to the straight razor in terms of sharpness. Wilkinson, Merkur, Derby, Personna etc. are shit.
Straight razors also come in different steels.
They vary in softness/hardness. Softer razors are easy as fuck to hone but get dull relatively quick. The other way around with harder steels. Stainless steel razors are hard as fuck and pretty much all of them suck regardless. I've never had one that didn't tug.
All decent straight razors are sharper than DE blades (with the exception of the feather blade) and FAR more forgiving than the feather blade. Plus, a straight razor is easier to handle than a DE (I have a merkur C34).
This. Sometimes I just don't want to strop my razor and just want to be done asap, especially once my razors are going dull and I can't be arsed to get out the hone before the week end or something. Also, all straight razors need proper cleaning after use because they will stain within hours (as already said, stainless steel straight razors are shit).

>Double edge safety razors are good but it's a skill that requires you to take the time to learn
What.
You literally just drag the razor across your skin, can't really do anything wrong.

With a cartridge razor I can shave agaisnt the grain and get a closer shave.
Just realised I'm on Sup Forums and not /fa/

Never tried shaving agianst the grain with a DE, but once with a cartridge razor.
Got some small cuts and my skin was itchy for two days, 0/10 wouldn't do agian.

>safety razors are good but it's a skill that requires you to take the time to learn
A straight razor is easier to learn.

>Personally I'm prone to skin irritation, no matter what it's proponents say I know that blades irritate the shit out of my skin no matter how careful I am.

Then you're not careful enough. Just follow the book. It's not that hard.

>Wash your face with hot water (no soap)
>Apply foam and keep it on your beard for 5 minutes
>Refoam if necessary
>Shave with the grain
>Rinse your face with warm water
>Refoam
>Shave against the grain
>Rinse face with ice cold water
>Dry your face with a fresh, clean towel. Don't rub.
>Use a decent after shave. If alcohol based after shaves fuck you up then you've been to brutal to your skin.
>Once the after shave's dried up, apply moisture cream. A cheap nivea lasts me a year.

I would get skin irritation and acne from shaving with cartridge razors as you tend to be careless with these and they will have a fuckload of bacteria on them after first use since they can't be cleaned properly.

I recently bought a Panasonic to replace my dead Philips. (I could also have replaced the battery with a kit from ebay but I had never changed the heads so a new shaver was not more expensive than replacing everything).
Keep in mind that those Philips shavers are easy to repair if need be.

Rotary VS foil is a personnal choice. After some reasearch, I came to the conclusion that Panasonics don't vibrate as much (as Braun) in your hand, they are more comfy to hold.

I bought midrange and I kinda regret my choice now after 4 months of use. I use this everyday in the summer and my every-morning comfort is worth more than what I saved from not getting top of the line. If you keep your eyes on deal-websites and coupons you can find ridiculous good deals.

**WAIT FOR FATHERS DAY**

Lastly, that Philips oneblade is a scam. Work great but VERY expensive in the long run.

Keep in mind that the most expensive line is a marketing trap, buy just bellow that.

>shaving

If your skin is burning, ever, then throw out your soaps and creams and aftershaves. There's a bad trend in the "shaving community" right now for men to get too deep into the perfume aspect and buy soaps and aftershaves and shit pumped full of perfume. If something is reacting to your face, 9/10 times it's the perfume. That kind of shit is also what gets into your pores and makes you break out or get irritated later on.

Unscented everything.

Not technology

get lost stallman.

electric shavers are technology, and nobody on /fa/ is old enough to have facial hair.

Have anyone of you test this one??

DE razors (and straight) are great for when you want to shave your 3+ days beard without clogging your cartridge razor. It's an essential for me.

For electric, I find rotary to be the best, especially in the cheaper end of the spectrum. cleaning is easier, no need for a cleaning station lithe the foil ones.

it's a scam like inkjet printers. the shaver is cheap but replacement blades don'T last long and they are super expensive.

>one blade for everything
>can't trim nosehair

>cleaning station
Who buy those stupid cleaning stations?

The less you trimm your nosehair the better.

I've got a question about the cleanliness of these things?
I want to have on in my car so I can shave on my way to work, but I don't want to leave tiny hair clippings anywhere inside the car. Are these shavers capable of thoroughly capturing all the clippings enough to use it in your car?

Depending on your water type, the blades underneath the foil can clog pretty fast. I also thought tey were a meme until I moved to an area with super hard water and I had to clean my razor with the little brush all the time.

Stop falling for Jewish tricks, Bet you use shampoo too

But you can't take out the blades block??
I have always cleaned them like that. I remove the hair and dirt, use a little of soap and that's all.

my nose gets SUPER itchy if I don't trim it for a couple of days

Use a straight razor faggot.

Best rotary you can afford. Foil shavers are dogs.

>Bet you use shampoo too
hahahahaha I fell for the no shampoo meme years ago. I was cleaning my hair only with bicarbonate and apple vinager for a while. It was suppoused to reduce your oils and the hair would be brither, etc. And it didn't work, my hair got more greasy and it was very uncomfortable use the fucking bicarbonate in your hair. Sure it's a good exfoliating but it is like having fucking sand in your hair.

>decide to switch to safety razors
>a month after blades double in price in my country

Still cheaper than the cheapest disposables but it's a bummer. Might have to find a way to buy them in bulk.

Your nose itch because you are trimming it all the time. I know because it happens to me too. I have constant sneezing (especially in the morning) because of that.

O-ok... bet you buy mayo instead of making your own with a yolk and some oil, like real men and their trannies do.

Wake up!

youtube.com/watch?v=PDDcv8Jg8ks

Anyone went the hair removal route? With laser hair removal, I mean

I fucking hate shaving. No matter what I try I always get itchy irritated skin, acne breakouts and my skin sis grey wherever there was hair so I doesn't even look shaved

Might buy a straight razor just because they look fancy, just scared that I will look like the fucking joker after using it for the first time

Quality ones are not cheap. I bought a safety razor from Aliexpress and the blades were dull but I switch them and it felt great.

They do look great.

youtu.be/rAi3t5aOHHo?t=64

>buy phillips electric shaver
>replacement heads/foil costs a third of the price of the shaver

Laser in all the face??

I haven't see that yet. I have see like the contours of the beard and other parts of the body.

Try not to shave so often. Use some product to moisturize your skin.

ive been using the profusionglide thing gillette sent me when i turned 18. it just werks

Considering it, as I can only achieve a shitty beard like pic related at best. Too bad it's so costly and you need multiple sessions to really get rid of everything.

I use a Braun 5 series with a trimmer. It can trim anything, even balls and legs.

>It can trim anything, even balls and legs.

How do you know this?

I tried that, obviously.
Unfortunately, folks at computeruniverse did not appreciate my enthusiasm about it and deleted my review.

>Braun 5 series
What is that trimmer blade for? I mean, you can't maintain a lenght with that, it doesn't have combs or adjustable lenghts. Is it for removin longer hairs and then use the close shave blades right??

Yes, just for that. Faucet shavers just can't shave long hairs.

>bicarbonate and apple vinager
Instead on PH balanced shampoo you decide to put acid in your hair!? Just use fucking water.

>Quality ones are not cheap.
Yeah, but I pay ~100€/Year on catridges, so I wouldn't mind paying 100-200€ on a decent straight razor.

If only there was some way to buy things from other countries easily. Some kind of global communications network that you could access from your computer. An externet if you will.

Get a good set of cordless clippers, grow a beard and shave your head. Save money on haircuts and razorblades by doing it yourself user.

>PH balanced shampoo
I use pic related. Why would I should use a PH balanced shampoo? Give me more information why is this necessary or better. Then give me some brands.

The PH is still balanced for hair as opposed to just apple vinegar and bicarbonate

What happens if I use a shampoo that doesn't balanced my PH?

I've been using Gilette one-time-use blades since forever, but I've been wondering how these compare. Can you shave with them while showering, or do you actually have to pay attention to use them?

>What happens if I use a shampoo that doesn't balanced my PH?
You giant retard, English better not be your first lanuage
Pretty sure there are legal requirements that says they have to be within a certain tolerance, The only way to buy something that could fuck with your hair/skin is buying some knockoff version from china

Except use better shampoo

Cheaper in the long run supposedly, and less waste. Works like any other razor but you get to change the blade and use two sides of it

That's the thing. Once I said "fuck it" and I tried growing a beard. After 2 months I had maybe half a centimeter and imo it looked like pubic hair. Lots of negative comments from friends that I looked like a mudslime

American Jew.

It's very good and the price isn't bad either.

same with their toothbrush lines