/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Huawei nova 2 and nova 2 plus unveiled: dual main camera, 20MP selfie camera
gsmarena.com/huawei_nova_2_and_nova_2_plus_unveiled_dual_main_camera_20mp_selfie_camera-news-25255.php

Honor 9 visits TENAA, reveals minor improvements from its predecessor
gsmarena.com/honor_9_visits_tenaa_reveals_minor_improvements_from_its_predecessor-news-25267.php

Nokia 9 with a whopping 8GB of RAM spotted on Geekbench
gsmarena.com/nokia_9_with_a_whopping_8gb_of_ram_spotted_on_geekbench-news-25254.php

Deal: Grab an LG G6 for $288 in US
gsmarena.com/lg_g6_on_verizon_effectively_going_for_288-news-25252.php

Motorola Moto Z currently going for £299 in UK
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_z_currently_going_for_299_in_uk-news-25247.php

HTC U11 review: an actual rival to the Galaxy S8 - Hardware reviews
androidpit.com/htc-u11-review

Xiaomi Mi6C appears on GFXBench with Snapdragon 660 SoC
gizchina.com/2017/05/28/xiaomi-mi6c-appears-gfxbench-snapdragon-660-soc/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4x-Pro-32GB-Smartphone-5-5-Snapdragon-625-CPU-3GB-RAM-NEW-/122502010983?var=&hash=item1c85b05867:m:mQ1Fc1V80uOD3oCu3Npp2Yw
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
gizchina.com/2017/05/28/oneplus-5-renders-leak-hint-vertical-dual-camera-setup/
gizmochina.com/2017/05/28/xiaomi-jason-appears-gfxbench-sporting-6gb-ram-snapdragon-660-processor/?utm_content=buffer610b1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
stockdroids.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw just wanna know if op5 will have headphone jack

Xiaomi Mi6 looks like the perfect smartphone this year. OnePlus is too big to pocket and will likely see a price increase again.

I'm gonna buy it as soon as the global ROM rolls out. Anyone else with me? :3

Didn't Carl Pei tease that it was still there on twitter?

Seriously considering the mi 6, dont like the lack of a headphone jack but can live with out.

Is this the correct Redmi Note 4 to buy?

I want the one with 1920x1080 screen, but I've heard the "4x" only has 720p

But this one is called a "4x" but it says 1080p on the listing

ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4x-Pro-32GB-Smartphone-5-5-Snapdragon-625-CPU-3GB-RAM-NEW-/122502010983?var=&hash=item1c85b05867:m:mQ1Fc1V80uOD3oCu3Npp2Yw

Crap phone. avoid Xiaomi.

What's the consensus on Zuk Z2 low light photos?

How is it compared to say, Doogee Shoot 2?

This is the one you want
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb

The Redmi Note 4s all have 1080p screen.

I believe you're thinking of the smaller, non-Note Redmi 4x which does only have 720p

I've been using my Redmi Note 4 Global for months and have been loving it. I've been emulating PS1 and N64 on it like a charm. The hardware is good enough quality, just as good as an iPhone. This guy is a laowai shill

So why does that ebay listing say "Note 4x" is it just a mistake?

Shouldn't it be "note 4" or "4x"

The listing says Note 4X because the phone is Note 4X

There's a Note 4 and Note 4x?

It's the same shit.

>htc_fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
>pic related happens
the fuck?

>Only PS1
My MT6752 can also do that shit.

SD625 slows down on PSP emulation.

Yes

There's a couple version of Note 4s because chinks aren't consistent.

Note 4X = Snapdragon, Chinese version
Note 4 = Mediakek
Note 4 Global = Snapdragon

They're all identical except for the chipsets and some other stuff

Is that why some sellers warn that because the phone is flashed with global ROM it displays as "Note 4" not "Note 4x"

Want to upgrade my Redmi Note 3, but it seems to me like there isn't anything groundbreaking that could replace it.

Is there something on the horizon that could finally put Redmi Note 3 Pro to rest?

There's a Global MIUI for the Note 4X lists the model as Redmi Note after flashing to the global version. The sellers are warning you to protect their ass since you could get a refund from ebay because item not as described.

So what im looking for is
>min 6inch screen
>4GB RAM
>128GB + SD card
>SUPPORT FOR BAND 20

Pls help

S8+ or Mate 8/9.

speak for yourself, p3 portable runs perfectly

Considering this I assume I should give up hope for a Redmi 5 prime with SD660, USB-C, 1080px and 64 / 4gb?

Honor 8 vs Galaxy s6 vs moto g5plus?
What should I pick? They cost pretty much the same where I live.

Honor 8 has the fastest SoC and best camera.
G5+ if you want stock android.
S6 is a pile of shit.

Can someone recommend me an upgrade coming from an Oneplus One?

Budget is about 400$

OP3T..?

I bought a Galaxy S8. It's my first Samsung phone and I'm loving it.

Which custom ROM has the best battery life? Lineage, RR, AICP, AEX, DU, AOSiP..?

I didn't know they're still producing recommendable phones after the first one.
Thanks

Are there any informations about the OP5?

Is a factory reset on a chink phone enough to get rid of unwanted chink malwares?
I guess not well, in the first place I should ask: I'm going to get a chunk phone with multilingual ROM soon, should I be worried about chink malwares?

gizchina.com/2017/05/28/oneplus-5-renders-leak-hint-vertical-dual-camera-setup/

Yes. Look up a pajeet rom for it and learn how to work TWRP.

Samshit fags: is there a way to make the capacitive buttons either stay lit up or stay off?
It's kind of gay that they only light up for like 2 seconds after pressing them.

gizmochina.com/2017/05/28/xiaomi-jason-appears-gfxbench-sporting-6gb-ram-snapdragon-660-processor/?utm_content=buffer610b1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

XIAOMI

JASON
A
S
O
N

NIGGERS

What can I get for £400? I dont really want to root my phone but I want decent software support.
Was looking at the oneplus 3t but I have been seeing some talk about it likely getting support dropped within a year (based on oneplus's track record)..

For that price you'd hopefully be able to get the OP5 coming in less than a month

iphone se or 6s?
there is like a 100$ difference but im thinking of getting se for the small form factor.

Sup Forums seems convinced it will be £550 or there abouts, nowhere else seems to think this but it does look like it will probably be more than £400.
Will have to wait and see.

I'm having the same dilema. I'll maybe get a 128gb iPhone se because the thing is still cheaper than the 6s

I just bought the LG G6, how'd I do?

I have some experience with it as I flashed lineageos on my xiaomi without having much experience. Now that I'm buying another one (not for myself) I was worried about this stuff and language support.
Do Indian rom usually support EU languages?

I have a Samsung S7 through T-mobile, and there is so much shitty fucking bloat on here, it's ridiculous.
Samsung apps I can't get rid of, T-mobile apps I can't get rid of. So much extra crap I'm forced to keep. Not to mention Touch Wizz that I can't get rid of, only cover up with Nova.

What's a good phone and company without all this crap? I just want the lightest experience I can get, with little or no bloat.

Motorola is p good. My Droid turbo runs pretty smoothly with near stock Android after two years. The only bloat is a few carrier apps and a few Motorola apps.

>previous phone was iphone4s
>currenty using an unrooted verizon galaxy s5
>hate touchscreens

are there any smart phone which does not have a touchscreen? I hate it. please help

Do the following
>Never buy a carried locked phone so they don't get bloat app from your carrier
>Buy a stock android
stockdroids.com/
> Or Root your phone, remove the apps or reflash any rom of your choice

How is Huawei P10?

Gift for the GF because her phone is dying:

Smartphone, max 400$, decent camera.

iPhone SE

I saw the HTC 10 on that list.

I'm gonna assume the HTC U11 will be the same. I think I'm gonna get that when it's out and buy it unlocked.

Looks like it's gonna be the best phone to come out in a long time.

Bump, I'm wondering this too

Daily update: this phone is dank

Looks hideous

how's the build quality?

Fit and finish are top notch. Unfortunate material choices though: the chrome trim and outer edge are all plastic. Luckily it's going in a case.

>moto g4 usb connector broken after a few month
>yuro, so it's still under lawful merchant's warranty
>they must prove I caused the damage or it will be legally presumed the phone was defective

Any idea how they will try to screw me?

Looks exactly like an ugly 2011 phone.

dumb motoshill

>brand new phone
>emulating PS1
wow great, could literally do that perfectly on my HTC G2 from 2010 running Froyo

Whats the current state of the Axon 7 on Verizon?

Is the moto Z much of an upgrade from the lg g4?

No to both.

Care to elaborate? on either, I am curious.

What would be some good options for someone wanting to use a smartphone mostly as a camera?

why are there so many more apps that only have an iphone version than apps that only have an android version

i thought it was easier to publish on google play and android has a bigger install base, so what gives?

iphone users are more likely to pay money rather than put up with ads.

Also much easier to QA iOS-only apps where the range of possible hardware and software is far more limited than the clusterfuck of Android devices and OSs. And since Apple can push updates straight to devices without having to go though carriers their user base is way less fragmented by OS version than with Android.

t. work for a company that makes iOS-only apps

What do you guys think of the Moto Z2 play? It should have the same battery as the G5 plus, but I'm worried how long it'll last in a day.

Since the page on the wiki is out-of-date:

What are the current recommended Chinese smartphones with CM/LineageOS support? I'm pretty much looking for the cheapest one(s) with at least 2GB of RAM. I'm a Britbong, if that matters

Also holy shit all these different versions of the same phone are confusing, I don't know if I want the Prime, the Global, the Pro etc

original z play is better
>cheaper
>bigger battery
check xiaomi redmi 4a
its the cheapest ~70usd in china

I'm having a hard time picking between the LG G5 vs the G6. The G6 seems like a downgrade, but I feel like the G5 could be better spec wise.

What do? Also I'm American.

G6 ofc

>tfw have opo for nearly 3 years
>Someone calls me I can't hear them and they can't hear me

Anyone had this problem?

Might have to get new phone

Yeah the original's probably better, but I don't like buying older hardware. Is there a noticable difference between the two? I heard the 626 is more efficient and faster.

ita placebo
they claim its 10% but irl its not faster at all
wait until z2 is launched and then compared them
its gonna be ~400$ like original so i dont think its worth it

Why is it an obvious choice?

There desperately needs to be a better website for hacking phones. XDA fucking blows.

It's full of outdated information, misinformation, and almost never has any download links toward what you need and, to top it off, the software they recommend is always sketchy as all fuck.

It's disgusting that there is no good phone website for rooting, unlocking, and installing custom roms.

Nairaland

how is the g6 a downgrade for you?

Does anyone know if the Android phone app does blocking based on pattern (e.g. +91 for India) or wildcard (e.g. +91* for India)?

Anyone with a ZTE ZMax Pro or a ZTE Max XL? (they're the same phone)

Does Foxfi work on it with USB tethering? I picked up a ZTE Max XL for $20 bucks due to a Virgin Mobile coupon.

The Oneplus 5 specs are looking fantastic. If the price is low enough I don't see why people would want to go with any other phone. Especially the astronomically overpriced Galaxy 28. Seriously, why would anyone want to buy that shit? I keep readin reviews that praise that phone but their reasoning always goes somwhere along the line of "it's so slick, you get a beautiful screen" which certainly does not justify a price tag of 900 USD when everything else is mediocre.

Bought a Xioami Redmi 4 Pro, can you advice how to rice it?
Loving it so far.

its called marketing
Samsung spends more on it then on r&d

you have themes, fonts ringtones and shit on miui theme store

You really wonder if the reviewers on internet have all been bought off by Samsung or if they genuinally think it's that good of a phone.

But it looks really good desu, it's like a beautiful glass sculpture.

Which would have better battery life, the Moto G5 or the G4 Play?

hows the alcatel idol 4s?

redpill me on g6

snapdragon redmi note 4 owners, which custom rom should I install?
As much as I love the performance of miui 8, the kinks are starting to bother me.

how's Zanavi as a free solution to GPS?

I want a good tablet or something that I can play the new Skullgirls game on. I'm only gonna use it with wifi, so I dont gotta worry about a carrier or anything. I just want the cheapest thing that can run phone games decently.

Yeah, it's only kind of gay and I can see that what you need is the full fast experience.

Settings>display>touch key light duration

That'll get you going from staring at men to choking on their dicks in no time.

looking for a notepad app that can import and export to textfile and that can also encrypt or password protect.

I have a MT6752 with 44k antutu. Would buying a Redmi Note with SD625 with 60k antutu make me run psp games better or should I get Le Max 2?

>antutu
gpu>cpu when it comes for gayman
820 gpu>625gpu