My computer illiterate friend needs a laptop and wants my advice...

My computer illiterate friend needs a laptop and wants my advice. I am currently out of state so I cant uninstall any bloatware for them. Are there any laptops (under $700) that don't come preloaded with trash?
They need it for work and school, nothing to taxing

Used X220.

Install gentoo

If he's not a complete fucktard that'll shit it up with viruses, get an HP pavilion at Costco. Their cheap as fuck (around 500$) and have close to the same specs as the flagship computers. Using one for two years now and it's comfy as fuck

The only lenovo laptop i've ever owned came with a ton of bloatware, do these not?

Tell him to buy a used laptop and do a fresh install of whatever OS you think he should use.

Which model? Does the touchscreen get in the way at all? Never owned a laptop with a touchscreen

Yeah that might be the best option
Doing this and remote accessing it to configure it for them could work

System76

Just bought a whichever laptop and format it, retard.
Also read the sticky

No. HP is known to ship it's laptops with bloatware as well as keylogger.

>cheap as fuck (around 500$)

He said a used laptop.

If you buy a used laptop and don't immediately do a complete wipe and clean install, there must be something wrong with you.

Buy a microsoft signature device

lenovo has promised multiple times to stop installing bloatware and adware but they haven't really kept onto their promise.
the real problem is you can't just do a full wipe from within windows because some of their shitware is actually within the boot, and most of the shitware they install are also major security holes
so don't buy one and expect to use windows 10, just install gentoo

That's Lenovo, sweety.

>HP pavilion
Yeah, the hinges will fall apart a day after the warranty is up. HP pavilion is fucking trash and it's not worth 100 USD.

>Tell him to buy a used laptop and do a fresh install of whatever OS you think he should use.
Literally all you need to do for any laptop.

>being this stupid
>not reading the recent hp keylogger news
kill yourself faggot

OP said he would be out of state and unable to. A computer illiterate person would probably not be able to

I bought an HP laptop for my old man not even two months ago. Full of bloatware. Even if you fully reinstall Windows 10. Takes over an hour for it to fetch all of the bloat including McAffee. You have to uninstall a lot manually.

The keylogger was discovered recently in an audio driver, but apparently HP sent out a patch for that not too long ago.

You're thinking of Lenovo and their Superfish exploit.