Internet Speed thread?

29.7MB download

6.02mb upload

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Co-Processors-Beamforming-Technology-Archer-C5400/dp/B01M984AN9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Speedtest threads have been dying out lately, especially now that residential gigabit is getting more common.

That's Mbps not MBps, fat american.

First number in his post is MB, second is mb.

He obviously is just dumb.

wow that upload speed is awesome

i have the same down but with ~10 up

About the same speed famalam, at least as far as wireless connections are concerned.

$40/month. Not bad.

Mobile Internet.

You call that 4G?

Finland?

UK

I get better when I'm outside like this

Here's another

My Sony experia z5 reached around 100 mbit/s. Guess wileyfox phones have crappy modems

i pay $90 for this

that...should be illegal.

conversly, this is the speed of my 4g.

yes, especially when my phone is faster

What a world

Does anyone here has wow cable ?
I work there and can give you some advise...

whats the advice?

>wow cable
I had them when I used to live in Columbus. Looks like they have decent priced 500mbps there now, they didn't a few years ago.

>Mbps
>MB
>mb

How to upgrade to the fastest speed they offer thru the retention department and what is the cheapest price they can offer you
2017 only offers 100mbps & 500 mbps.
2016 are way better packages imo

A megabit is not equal to a megabyte. You're internet is only like 3 MB down or something

cool, im on their 10mb plan and was thinking of upgrading

Give me how much you pay before tax, al the serives you have (cable tier, equipments, etc ) and your city

*Your

at least use a server that isn't sitting on top of your cock.

*shrug*
This one is about 140 miles away.

150-200 miles

No one ?

I will leave then the cheapest prices retention can offer for internet only.
Prices can change slightly depending on the city (market) and might not be available if you have an agreement

10mbps 20$
30mbps 30$
60mbps 45$
110mbps 60$
300mbps 100$
600mbps 120$

>ex soviet shithole
>vpn is a must for a free internet

:(

Poo in loo power

Getting the full 35mbps we're paying for on my desktop and ThinkPad, but only 23mbps on my OnePlus 3T here.
A lot of smaller wireless devices like my 3DS on my old as fuck Toshiba Satellite Pro have a lot of trouble connecting to my wireless router, it's a few years old Asus RT-N66U ("Dark Knight"), connected to a shit-tier modem router provided by TalkTalk. A lot of that difficulty may simply be due to the distance though, the router has to be downstairs unfortunately.

I need to get a new good Modem Router to replace both of these. The RT-N66U shits itself a lot more these days, competing dropping out especially when I try to host game servers.

Any good suggestions for a high-end DSL Modem Router? Shopping in the UK. Main goals are to have a strong signal through the house and not drop out like a bitch after an hour of hosting Terraria.

This is the router I'm using right now.
I originally bought it around 2014 with the goal of setting it up for 3DS HomePass, although that never came to pass since I chickened out of installing custom firmware like DD-WRT or Tomato.

I see a lot of people complaining about the ASUS router firmware situation, about shit going wrong with recent firmware and was wondering how much better off I'll be getting something and immediately installing the likes of Tomato or DD-WRT to it.

Bump for concerned consumer

Thanks Erdogan

92 down 12 up

>Marrakesh
Money has been wired into you account 47

what the flying fuck?

i live in germany and am getting 400mbit/s for 40 bucks a month

1gbit where? how much

You guys live in first world countries and browse on such slow connections? I live in India an pay 20$ for a 200 Mbps up and down connection

if it's ethernet it should be 78mbps, not really "fiber optic" though

What?

Hathway Chennai ?

>1gbit where? how much
See
$69.99 a month, Washington DC metro area.

>I live in India
Lol

$13/month.

yea but then i'd have to live in russia. Meh

Yeah. Cheap and fast internet is the only positive thing in this shithole.

Yeah, you pay about 1/9th of what I pay.

No, they're both Mb, you're both dumb.

T-Mobile LTE, just outside downtown Las Vegas, not bad at all.

...I didn't say they weren't I said what he TYPED.

First number he TYPED was MB, second one was mb.

I know exactly what the fuck it actually is you retarded mouth breathing nigger faggot.

58 euro/month

Since most of the servers are based in US, it will be only fair to use the speedtest servers located at the US if you are doing this test from outside.

Having said that pic related is my speedtest result. I pay close to $55/3 months for 10Mbps unlimited internet here in Nepal.

Speedtest from my servers from my own country reach up to 100Mbps.

sweet!
where are you from user? How much do you pay for it?

$94.99 with TV and Phone.

In the Washington DC metro area.

haha that's close to people's average monthly income here. lucky you user.

My apartment for a 2 bedroom is like $2,300 a month.
And it's not even in an amazing area or anything. There are single bedroom apartments that go for $3.5k+ in the nicer areas around here.

I think only NYC and San Francisco beat out this area in housing costs.

>29.7MB download
>6.02mb upload
you mean Mb

You're rich!
Our prime minister and CEOs make less money than what you pay for your apartment alone in a month. lmao

It's all about perspective. I make less than $80,000 a year. It's not bad as a single dude. But it's not so amazing that I can quit my job or anything like that.

I have savings, I have nice shit, and I live comfortably, but it's not enough to buy hookers and blow 24/7 or anything close to that. At least not in this area of the country. Things are expensive. Dinner for 2 with drinks? $80+. Movie for 2 is $25+. Parking for 2 hours could run you $10-15. Etc, etc.

If you come here you can live like a king with $80,000 per year. Really makes you think doesn't it? Everything is cheap here but only few people can afford them.
Well, enjoy your life user, at least you have a job, savings and security. Cheers!

>Parking for 2 hours could run you $10-15

Why do you think Lyft and Uber are so popular? Get a ride for that kind of price, both ways depending on the situation, I mean really.

Fuck owning a money dump known as a car anymore, the hell with that.

hi

I totally understand your point. However, I want to punch the shit out of the engineer that thought making the naming schema so closely related to each other was a good idea. I really can't fault people for getting confused.

24$/month

511 kbps down, 236 kbps up.

£22.31/month.

Florida's not too bad, I guess.

My download is 940 at night usually

$150, Australia

4G
When you're in the centre of the city you can usually hit 100/20

Forgot pic

there is a big difference between MB and Mb that I dont think you are aware of

Not bad for Australia, even at that price.

$75 a month

>240mbps
>faster than 91% of US
So roughly 1 out of 10 people has ~200mbps or faster internet? That's actually surprisingly high.

:(

Is that 3x3 or 2x2 CA?

I know T-Mobile does not have enough contiguous spectrum to provide speeds like that without carrier aggregation.

Shut up number 9.

Also you erased your memory and have no idea what the hell we are talking about.

Still looking into Moden Routers here, it's looking like I'll need a good AC band router that supports MU-MIMO.

I had a look at the NETGEAR D7800-100UKS, but this thing apparently has 2.4Ghz long range issues, and I have too many devices that depend on 2.4Ghz to ignore that.

Any suggestions for good high-end Modem Routers?

Unifi AC HD. $299-349

Uses the same chipset used in the Ruckus R720 which costs $1299

>Unifi AC HD
Doesn't seem like these are readily available in the UK.
This is though, the TP-Link AC5400 seems promising from a quick look.
amazon.co.uk/Co-Processors-Beamforming-Technology-Archer-C5400/dp/B01M984AN9

3MB/s symetric, for $20 USD/month.

Not too bad

Consumer routers are garbage so I wouldn't touch it. But you can try

Wouldn't that be just 9% of the speedtest.net userbase though, that's not exactly representative of the general population for fairly obvious reasons.

Ah, hmm just realised that the TP-Link AC5400 is not a Modem Router.
Doesn't seem like the Unifi AC HD is either actually.
It needs to be a Modem Router so I can get rid of the shit-tier TalkTalk Huawei HG633 Modem Router we're using.
That shit can't even do a proper Bridge mode.

Speedtest is used by most ISPs for diagnosing customer speed issues, so speedtests statistics are actually fairly close to being representative of the US, though there are some differences you'll find.

Overall it's a decent approximation though