Try to build a new PC

>try to build a new PC
>ethereum mining explodes

Seriously, look at the fucking RX 470 pricing.

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptomining-blog.com/tag/motherboard-for-ethereum-mining/
wccftech.com/ethereum-mining-gpu-performance-roundup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gpu minning in the current money
might as well throw your money op

I didnt even want to mine, I just wanted to build a PC with an RX 470.

fuck the cryptocurrency meme

cryptocurrency is here to stay.

becoming rich has never been easier.

just hold and don't invest in any other memecoin other than btc and eth.

even if governments try to regulate them, they can just make it more difficul to cash out.

Explain why an rx470 is better for mining than an rx480

Why do AMD cards go up in price so much compared to nVidia because of miners? Do they process that much better or is it because miners are just grabbing up as many cards as they can?

I want that shirt.

>tfw i got my nib strix 470 for $150 1.5 momths ago

feels good

Or they arrest the cryptocurrency founder and make all nonregulated currency illegal

Idiot

>Or they arrest the cryptocurrency founder

no one knows the identity of satoshi nakamoto, the creator of BTC.

>and make all nonregulated currency illegal

you can't really do this to a decentralized currency. the best governments can do is make it harder to cash out.

Different coins need different gpus/mining rigs. Can't use ASICS to mine ETH, for example. AMD cards mine ETH a little better than nvidia, but it's not much, like a single digit percentage. Other coins there might be 10:1 difference. Also, whoever writes the miner program writes it for one card or another, like AMD doesn't have cuda cores but the nvidia miners are usually cudaminers.

I also heard it was because if the coin market tanks or they burn out their card the AMDs are less of a loss due to price.

Maybe years ago. RX470 gets you about the same MH/s as a 1070 for roughly the same price today.

Okay never mind, I had my cards mixed up. 470 gets a bit lower MH/s than 1070 for half the price. If you clock/volt tune your memory and card you can get stock 1070 performance mining ETH.

>ethereum
What the fuck is that shit now?
We going Tiberium Wars now?

I guess my Fury X would be a beast of a GPU for mining that shit if it wasn't for the power consumption.

what the fuck..... Is this really happening? I bought a 470 for 120 and an 8gb 480 for 190 a month after launch and now the cheapest of any of them on newegg is $420

>I guess my Fury X would be a beast of a GPU for mining that shit

no it wouldn't, gpu mining is dead. yes including ETH

>gpu mining is dead
explain this

AMD has better performance for integer workloads. Most hashing algos are based on integers

What kind of build is that?

19x rx470 modded bios, tuned for low power

What mobo do you use? Kinda want to hop on the train, but all this hardware selection is mind boggling, and it may not even work properly for mining...

Holy shit you weren't kidding.

So you're going to spend $13000 + electricity to get about $2000 per month, with the difficulty on its way to space?

Just buy the coins and you'll be much better off.

I use variety of mobos, asrock h81 btc pro is probably the best but avaliability is next to not existant, msi z87/z97 boards with 7 pci-e slots are very good too. Here's a list of mobos.

cryptomining-blog.com/tag/motherboard-for-ethereum-mining/

What you basically need is cheapest cpu for the mobo, 4gb of ram, some ssd, pci-e risers for your gpus, a solid psu and optionally some remote reboot option like smart wifi plug or raspbery pi or whatever else. Plug it all in, install preffered os, start mining, that's it.

I bought my hardware last year, and I paid about 5500$ for everything and I ROI'd multiple times already, don't remember exact revenue but it's over 20k usd at this point, and the miner will probably be alive for the next year.

You'd have made more money if you bought $5500 worth of Bitcoin last year and just held.

Or I could have bought strat at ico and be milionaire now, or i could have bought 1000 eth at 6$ each, or I could...

I'm sorry user but I don't have a crystal ball, mining is a slow and steady kind of investement, while certainly yes I could have made much more money buying coins, I decided to get mining rig for close to guaranteed ROI plus I get to keep and sell hardware when I don't feel like fucking around with mining anymore. Currently due to very high demand of mining rig parts, my rigs are worth more today than they were half a year ago when I was buying them, and unlike buying coins I do not care if market goes up or down, I will make my profit regardless.

Sell the GPUs now at this price and buy ETH

wccftech.com/ethereum-mining-gpu-performance-roundup/

Amd would probably be happier if these were gaymen benchmarks instead

It's not but it's cheap(er) and the rx480 stock dried up first

Can't mine ETH with an ASIC or FPGA due to the proof of work for ETH being a memory-hard problem

Not sure what the fuck you'd use if not a GPU

I had 2 btc from the dogecoin days

but it was on cryptsy

lel

Yeah after I lost 0.1 BTC or so worth of altcoins on Vircurex I decided to be less lazy in the future and not keep coins in exchanges for extended periods of time anymore.
I even keep a USB stick with an unencrypted wallet at my place because I'm afraid I might forget my password in the future.

Do you remember fedoracoin?
It was literally a beyond trash tier meme coin that you mined in the millions per hour with just one card, and at some point it somehow had some value.

That gave me like 1+ btc, after the dogecoins.

Also 42coin that had a total of 42coins to ever be gave me like 0.3 in a day

But it's all lost with that fucker who ran away to china or something.

I remember selling off the few I had mined for 1 or 2 Litecoin Satoshis a piece.