What is Sup Forums's case? Doing a ryzen sidegrade and looking at pic related

What is Sup Forums's case? Doing a ryzen sidegrade and looking at pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

advantech.com/products/1-2jkemv/ipc-7220/mod_7eedba65-45e0-4b08-8b12-4443436457fe
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've a Corsair 350D and Fractal Design Mini C. I like both of them. Maybe a Fractal R5 Blackout or Corsair 400Q next time.

Or would something more like pic related be better? I kinda like the option of having a CD drive or US hub in the 5.25" bays

Do you get OK airflow with either of those? Fell for the shitty S340 elite meme (Kill the sidewindow fags like me plz) and the airflow is shit

You're looking at the right one, buy it

My build isn't really in need of much airflow and I'm not sure how to measure it. Temperatures are very low but I only have a 65W CPU and a GTX 1050.

I don't even have a rack.

phanteks p400 and corsair air 240

phanteks is great
corsair has no air intakes below the mobo, therefore my 3.5" drives are idling at 60c

NZXT S340 is the best budget case currently out

Modified Cooler Master HAF XB.

I use a Cooler Master HAF X.
It works, but isn't that interesting.

I have that exact case. Fractal Design R5 for life. If you don't care about staring at your internals all the time it's the case for you.

should I pick a fractal mini c or the bequiet base 600

never pick a mini, baby
never everm not even maybe

Why the fuck would you buy a case that has no fucking ports or anything on the front

if it ain't sideways it ain't shit.

jus' werks 'n' shiet

fractal design r5 windowed

>windowed

/bst/ and yes i play vidya

whats your point?

antec three hundred 2. i really really like it. but if was after water cooling id probably find something newer

jesus christ you fuckin newfag it's Sup Forums tradition to hate anything related to gaymin. if youre gonna post here at least pretend your not a flaming faggot nigger

>you fuckin newfag
>your not a flaming faggot nigger
but i didnt say anything

user..

Who the fuck plugs shit into the front part of their pc? To install OS you can use back ports for the one time inconvenience and for regular Flash Drive use get an extender cord.

Lian Li PC-Y6

Getting a 750d because i already have 4 ssds and 3 hdds + a water AIO, most of the cases don't have enough 2" bays i guess.

Who uses firewire anymore? I only used it once when my parents asked me to transfer DV video to computer. What can you possibly use it for?

Not him but I use it regularly for external HDDs and optical drives, have a DV VCR in the mail too so I'll be using it for that soon as well

Makes sense but I think chinks have come up with firewire to usb 3.0 adapters, haven't they? Usb 3.0 is much faster and firewire is discontinued...

My current case, looking at changing to a Dan Case A4-SFX or N-case M1

Currently backing the A4-SFX V2 kickstarter, but i'm not sure if i'll drop it.

If you use one of those you'll fry your shit, at best it just won't work. It's literally just a FireWire connector and a USB connector, there's no adapter for the protocols or even voltage (FireWire is 12V and USB is 5V)

Reminder that fractal cases vibrate like motherfuckers.

it's a great case, but i'm going to chuck it eventually for a case that doesn't look so memey.

Hmm, I guess. Never really thought about it. I must be lucky that I haven't fried any of my devices kek.

First time I hear about this. Mine is completely silent.

A lot of people seem to own one here and nobody is complaining.

There are threads about it quite often. It's vibration from the HDD spinning.

I got some pads for that too, well maybe some older model? I don't know.

Thanks for letting me know tho, will be careful with fractal design in the future.

>HDD spinning
I think I've found the problem. Why is your SSD spinning?

Define R4 is god tier
Define R5 is decent
Everything else fractal is flimsy trash

cheap plasticky trash

cheap plasticky trash

case of glorious design

cheap plasticky trash

I would honestly pick this over anything posted so far, at least its free trash

Meh. Had a good thing with the FT02, FT03 was a dustbin with nothing in common with FT02. FT04 was cheap plasticky trash, FT05 is an expensive FT02 wannabe.

too small

solid case, I rate it up there with the Define R4

R4 masterrice

Is it a PC or a console... meme tier plastic trash

You should've chucked it as soon as you took it out the box user. "all steel design" yet still inexplicably flimsy and weak.

patrician taste

had my ft02 for years probably going to keep it forever

Still running my old ATCS 840.

Took out the two 230mm fans in the top, though - replaced them with a fuckhuge radiator and five 120mm fans.

I have an R4 but I've read that the R5 does it too. I still really like the case though.
I just have one HDD for some extra storage. Would like to get a NAS so I could just go full SSD in my main case then.

Have that exact one without the window. It is effectively S+ tier for the money you're paying.

Clearly you like your cases Thicc

>for the money you're paying
while there are more expensive cases they are all utter garbage, just flashy shit for the gamer bait

im pretty sure this is the top tier you can get while staying at a minimalistic style

Wanna pray game?

Fractal Design is pretty god tier desu senpai

My main is a Define Mini C

R5 reporting in

Side note, whats the air 540 like? I want to change my case from a 300r but i worry its too big

I have a Fractal Design Define R4. I bought it when it came out five years ago. Now I'm going to move in a new house, and probably won't have that much desk space anymore: what's a good case that
>I can lay horizontal and tuck under the monitor like old 90s PC
>has a decent internal airflow
>has enough space to fit my Thermalright Silver Arrow and manage all the cables
>has comparable build quality and noise insulation

Its the closest thing PCs will get to the old mac pro case. Fuck apple for not making that case to ATX spec, it would have been god tier.

Indeed steed. Thicc and durable.

advantech.com/products/1-2jkemv/ipc-7220/mod_7eedba65-45e0-4b08-8b12-4443436457fe

If this 14kg beast didn't have the PSU in a weird as fuck place, had at least 6 HDD bays and was more of a standard ATX deal then it would be perfect.

Whats the smallest ATX case?

I have this still sitting in the box
Waiting for Threadripper I think

6 expansion bays?!

You have a spacious room

deepcool smarter

I have the Thermaltake copy of the same.

As the gaymer aesthetic spreads, Sup Forums's cases are getting more and more austere. Its going to be like Father Ted's socks.

>Dougal: "I read in an article, I think it was an article about priests socks, that priests socks are blacker than other types of sock"
>Ted: "That's right Dougal, sometimes you see lay people wearing what look like black socks, but when you look at them closely, you'll see that they are very very very very very very dark blue"

man i hate very dark blue so much, ruins aesthetics

Tell me about those silent cases with foam and duckted intake and exhaust channels.

Can i expect those cases to handle a gaming GPU and on overclocked CPU on air cooler?

>needing a full size ATX in 2017
what a fucking meme, geta nano s or mini c

the ports are on the top smartass

Depends on the case
Read reviews

Airflow is shit but I have watercooling so temps never reach above 45c. It looks fantastic and there's no fucking dust whatsoever on the inside.

I know some people mod it but that's so fucking stupid. Why ruin such a nice case.

cooler master n200
god tier microatx case, quiet, solid, and easy to route cable management

The p400 is pretty cool

Damn, wish I bought one my self but had to settle for a corsir r200 since wasn't available.

what are you guys opinions on the fractal design define C?

cheap plasticky trash.

But for real, as a person who's interested in the Mini C version, it seems pretty good.

Anybody have this case? Thoughts? Does it come with a cd drive?

I just wish it had a bit more space between the side panel and the motherboard tray, and another usb 3 on the front. It's a great case though.

Just put some cheap rubber thingy on it.

Define C is the newer model, take a look at that
>PSU shroud
>magnetic dust filter on top
fuck knows what else new, haven't had an older FD case

>front panel for audio
what the shit
>it's a gayming headset
oh, sure, go ahead

>>front panel for audio
What's wrong with this?

I will never understand autistic faggots who scroll through an entire thread and "critique" opinions.

My main's also Define Mini C, no window
I love it, it's my first serious case and I like it very much, although ability to remove the shroud would be useful
Wondering if I should remove HDD cage (after changing my current cheapshit sata SSD for an m.2) and mount my single HDD on the bottom, making more space for PSU cables there

I actually really like this.

The ATCS is almost, but not quite, xboxheug.

It's also got 3x 230mm fans, and that raised plate on the front has a filter behind it, directly in front of a 230mm fan.

It's a great case.

its a really nice case, not gonna lie.
it costed 40bucks!

>still 200 bucks

goddamnit

It's a device-by-device thing. Lots of FW stuff shipped physically designed to use FW (since that was standard at the time) but also able to talk USB if it detected +5v coming over the bus rather than +9v or higher (FW actually didn't have a spec voltage, and Apple laptop implementations, which were the most common users, just dumped unrectified battery power straight onto the bus.) Think hard drive iPods kinda, though those used mechanical separation in the cable as a simpler solution.

Now, if you use these adapters in reverse, especially on a desktop or PS2, you WILL let out the magic smoke.

>R4 is somehow better than R5

Its starting to be too easy to spot salty R4 owners.

The one and only.

That looks closer to a goddamn petrol generator housing than a PC case.

What's the difference between the R4 and R5?

R1

Any recommendations for a mid tower case that

>has dust filters
>no LEDs
>at least 1expansion bay
>under $70

Effectively the R5 has a reversible front door and a few of the fittings have been changed to thumbscrews. The R5 is essentially the R4: fine tuned edition.

FT05 bro

Casetek whatever model.

It's ITX afaik

I'm definitely shilling the Sharkoon MA-A1000,
best Micro ATX Case I ever had. Comes with filters and everything preinstalled, lots of space, looks great

this:
A fucking shame I'm too autistic to have two computers in the same cases, I haven't found another nice case inhis price range

I'm really looking for a mid tower though. Sorry, user. It does look like a nice case.

I just need mid tower since I need PCI slots on my motherboard and no fucking mATX mobos have PCI slots.

I have this case. Honestly can't even tell when the PC is on. Definitely buy it.

Purchased the Corsair Carbide Series 270R about a week ago.

But can your case fire HDDs out the front?