Why don't IPS monitors have 1ms response times and 144hz yet?

Why don't IPS monitors have 1ms response times and 144hz yet?

You're asking the wrong question.

Why don't we have OLED 4K consumer monitors with 1ms response time and 144hz yet

Nope, I'm asking the right question. OLED garbage can't handle colors right and need to be calibrated right out of the box.

Why don't I have a girlfriend yet?

aren't they generally factory calibrated?

Shitty TN panels have been overproduced, and manufacturers are waiting for physically stocked monitors to dwindle before introducing OLED to keep prices up.

>not calibrating your gimicky TN and IPS LCD displays
top kek

That's a meme that manufacturers want you to believe. The only one that comes close to 99% RGB accuracy is Sony. Any other manufacturer ups the saturation so you get a bright green football field where you were supposed to get a natural dark green field instead.

>need to be calibrated right out of the box.

unlike ips and tnt right?

>1ms

What are they now, like 4ms? Unless you're a pro video gayme faggot (who don't care about colors anyway) who gives a shit.

Racing simulator. And I do care about the colors since its a SIMULATOR.

you do know the human reflex is only like 100ms speed

4 thousandths of a second is nothing you are ever going to notice between turning a steering wheel and the game responding.

Like I said, it's a simulator. For a simulation if real life driving. I'm not the one who's going to be sitting in it anyway, I'm going to have others sit in it and charge them for it.

so?

99% of monitors are faster than the human eye and reflexs can notice

>ability to physically react to things is the same as discerning time difference from input to display

holy shit user, go add a 50ms artificial delay then to your screen somehow and see if it doesn't matter
Just because you need time to react to things, doesn't mean you have to prolong it even more
It's also not just about the delay, but also blur/ghosting

200% mad

are you talking about input lag?

thats all that matters

50ms is one thing. 4ms is fucking imperceptible.

You can't tell the difference between 4ms and 1ms

was just irked about the 100ms comment

but yes, whether your display is 1ms or 4ms is not really important probably, as long as the total time from the physical input to displaying the result on the screen is short enough to feel like it's a natural extension of your body.

Even delay from a bad vsync situation could create a perceivable disconnect though.

less of an issue with 144hz anyway though, forgot to add

>The only one that comes close to 99% RGB accuracy is Sony.

I love this sony is good meme

Is 144hz even worth it if you're not into gaymen?

I've been meaning to buy a new monitor for a while now but the cheapest 1440p, 144hz monitor I have found so far costs 440€, has a TN panel, a fucking retarded gamer-like red color scheme and design whereas a 1440p, 75hz, IPS with with height adjustable stand and other various QoL features would set me back 350€.

overall it's still smoother, but probably not a killer-feature unless the purpose is actually gaming.

If I had to buy one now I would always prioritize 144 for games, but overall image quality from an IPS for any other scenario.